Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Many Hours A Month You Spend Managing VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How Many Hours A Month You Spend Managing VPS?

Just wondering on average how many hours you guys spend managing your VPS per month, and how many VPS you have.

Comments

• I have a dozen or so VPS. I'm not sure what you mean "managing". My collection is small enough and random enough that I do stuff mostly by hand. I have a few Ansible playbooks that initialize new VPS, taking a few minutes, and I guess that counts as management. Also a few times I've upgraded OpenVZ Debian 7 vps's to Debian 8 and that takes a few minutes of fooling around due to systemd issues. Finally I run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade once in a while, and run some backup scripts that I should organize better. So that's a few minutes per week, maybe. Other than that, they mostly look after themselves.

Dedis have been a bit more time consuming, and I want to upgrade one from Debian 7 to 8 pretty soon and will want to back the whole thing up first, about 2.5TB of data. That will be more of a project.

• wenpoyuwenpoyu Member
    edited February 2017

I have 5 VPSs deployed in Hong Kong,Japan,USA(Chicago +LA) and Germany.I spend no more than 2 hours per month on managing the VPSs on average.And If someone knows where you can purchase fantastic VPS deployed in Asia.Please contact me.
    BTW,greeting from China :)

• I probably have around 5-10 VPSs and spend 1-2 hours managing because I don't log into them much :D

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I have about 40 or so VPSs/servers and I spend maybe a total of 30 minutes a month "managing" all of them.