Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adapting to the "New" LowEndBox and LowEndTalk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Adapting to the "New" LowEndBox and LowEndTalk

vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
edited May 2013 in General
It is now in the clear that LEB/LET has been acquired by a corporation about a year ago, despite of the fact that it was done secretively.

Due to the change of ownership, it is unavoidable that corporate interest comes first, therefore it is also acceptable that the corporation assigns somebody or a team in place to ensure that both LEB/LET run smoothly.

As a long time reader and member of LET, I am still longing for a good community atmosphere as it were when LEB/LET was in LEA's management, but I personally understand that nothing last forever and we have to be able to adapt ourself with the new atmosphere.

Every good forum has a set of rules to be followed by its members, even under LEA's management, to keep things in order as it is a fact that the livelihood of any forum depends on how comfortable the members feel when interacting within the framework of the rules.

I believe now is a good time for the company to release a formal announcement regarding the ownership, the course and direction of LEB/LET in the future as a community forum, person in charge of administering and moderating the forum, as well as new rules for posting general issue or offers.

I do hope fellow members of LEB/LET will contribute useful posts and good offers and I do hope the owner of LEB/LET to be an impartial catalyst for the benefit of the community.

Sincerely,

vRozenSch00n

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    Liam is the key guy here. We stepped in to preserve LEB/LET when the property was being shopped to the highest bidder. It may not seem like our intentions are good, but overtime that will become completely clear.

Once the forum proves to be stable (we're currently devoting lots of resources with the Vanilla team to fix all the vulnerabilities) Liam will likely repost his "LET Update" remarks.

Lots of good things to come everyone. :)
  • @jbiloh I miss my edit button. The title should be read [Adapting to the "New" LowEndBox & LowEndTalk]
  • blackblack Member
    I honestly come here for the offers, technical discussions, and reviews of hosts.

All the other drama bullshit should go into the cest pit instead of new drama threads popping up everyday.
  • LukeTLukeT Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm kinda getting sick of there being 4-5 threads about the change to LEB/LET, surely it would make sense to merge them or something?
    @vRoxensch00n thanks for the suggestion, edit button will be implemented.

@black mpkossen will be posting technical blogs each week on LEB and we hope to see more smart discussion on LET in the future. Thanks for being here...
  • NoermanNoerman Member
    Sometime drama does helpful for me, instead of ordering cheap vps that eventually I not using it.
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013
    @jbiloh @vRozenSch00n

Edit is still available, hover over your post and you will see a cog wheel on the top right.

Would be easier just to show it by default.

Good luck on restoration
  • LeeLee Veteran
    To be honest I think people need to get over it now, it was interesting to fish it out, the drama was good and there may still be questions to be asked. But CC owned it for what, a year? And it all seemed to run along pretty well until recently which was down to a minority of but hurt people than anything.

If nothing else it bring clarity to most things, whether you like that or not is your choice but CC are here to stay if you don't like it then piss off somewhere else instead of just bitching about something that won't change. There is no drama left in guessing who owns it now so that whole story line is dead.
  • @W1V_Lee Love your signature ;)
  • Getting annoyed with all of this new stuff on LET :(
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    Sooner or later things are going to get back to their normal state, after the butthurt once realise that it was running for an year now, under CC's ownership and it was doing fairly well. According to the numbers I got recentely, they had over 3 times of growth of the traffic during this year.

If there is someone to blame, that's Joel. :)

Alexander
  • LeeLee Veteran
    @Alex_Liquidhost - Indeed, Chief was not so great after all.
  • jack wrote: »
    Joel wasn't too bad, he seemed like a nice chap.

Jon is pretty nice too from my dealings with CC for DotVPS, I don't really like Alex though he seems a bit up his own arse.

@Alex_LiquidHost
    Tomorrow, I expect, will be a very productive day getting things back to the old look and feel of LET pre-hack.
  • jack wrote: »
    concerto49 wrote: »

Wrong Alex.

Think I know. Was just joking.
    I'll raise that with the developers, I assume it won't be a problem @Jack
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    @jbiloh Please tell me that you guys will have a theme that will not kill my eyes and there will be "STFU" button like "Thank you" button?
    @seriesn I don't like this theme either, we're working to implement the old LET visuals.

PS: I've always wanted a "disapoint" button on our ColoCrossing backend -- I never won that battle. Maybe I can live out my dream and get it implemented here. :)
  • CoreyCorey Member
    Jon or John I don't know how you spell it....

I'll be honest -
    I sincerely appreciate you taking over the forums when it was being auctioned to the highest bidder and running it so well for that entire year. What I don't like is the secrecy. I don't really like the fact that your company specifically is the one that took it over because I am unsure about your links with ChicagoVPS since it was denied for an entire year that you guys had anything to do with lowendbox, lowendtalk. Your services over at colocrossing have been great and I haven't really had any problems with it other than the fact of some surprise remote hands billing. (I know what NOT to ask of support now ;) ) I appreciate your perseverance with bringing this website back online for all of the community members despite how you are being treated.
  • @jbiloh - on that note when will the new colocrossing website launch? That looks a lot better than the old one. Who designed it?
  • jcalebjcaleb Member
    please bring the old theme back
  • vanarpvanarp Member
    jcaleb wrote: »
    please bring the old theme back

Or change the theme of LEB too ;-)

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member
    Jesus guys. They said they will be bringing the old theme back!
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    *sigh*
  • @Ishaq still with Bluevm?
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    @MorningIris Yeah.