Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN automated installer - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN automated installer

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@mohsengham look at the "newclient" function on the script. You can add whatever you want there.

After line 40, for example:
    echo "PUT WHATEVER YOU WANT HERE" >> ~/$1.ovpn
    echo "ADD A SECOND LINE IF YOU WANT" >> ~/$1.ovpn
    echo "AND A THIRD" >> ~/$1.ovpn

Thanked by 1mohsengham
  • Anyway to get this script working with TCP too? (at same time)

Thanked by 1mohsengham
    edited November 2014

@TarZZ92 this is not currently implemented and I have no plans to do it since TCP over TCP is not a good idea. I can only see it being useful to bypass some firewalls or with very rare setups.

That said, it's easy doable if you want to do it after running the script:
    cd /etc/openvpn cp server.conf server-tcp.conf

Edit server-tcp.conf and change the ipp and log file locations + switch proto udp to proto tcp. You can use the same certs. Use a different subnet for the TCP daemon, something like 10.8.1.0/24 for TCP if you are using 10.8.0.0/24 for UDP (the default).

nano /etc/rc.local

Add a new line for your TCP subnet. Save and run the new iptables if you don't want to reboot.

etc/init.d/openvpn restart

This is all out of memory, let me know if I missed something.

Edit: and obviously, set proto tcp on the client too.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 mohsengham
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Godlovesyou said: they do not give debian OS

Booooo!

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited November 2014

@Nyr said:
    mohsengham look at the "newclient" function on the script. You can add whatever you want there.

After line 40, for example:
    echo "PUT WHATEVER YOU WANT HERE" >> ~/$1.ovpn
    echo "ADD A SECOND LINE IF YOU WANT" >> ~/$1.ovpn
    echo "AND A THIRD" >> ~/$1.ovpn

How about changing the type of encryption or the amount of bits from 2048?

@sc754 said:
    How about changing the type of encryption or the amount of bits from 2048?

That's not the type of encryption, that's the key length. Let me know why would you want to use a shorter/longer key and if it's a valid concern I will consider adding that feature.

• @Nyr script is super hyper good, it helped me get into OpenVPN almost a year ago (if not more haha)

• @SayangAlif said:
    Please add an option to install OpenVPN at TCP or UDP.

go to /etc/openvpn/server.conf
    uncomment tcp and comment udb by ';'
    service openvpn restart

open the *.ovpn file
    uncomment tcp and comment udb by ';'

That's it
    It worked for me....

@noaman said:

But then the server will not listen on UDP anymore. I already explained how to do it with two daemons (only way to do it).

• @Nyr said:
    But then the server will not listen on UDP anymore. I already explained how to do it with two daemons (only way to do it).

yap...I know...I was just giving a TCP only solution.I thought like me there are people who are behind a Firewall and Proxy blocking all udp ports....:-(

• @noaman said:
    yap...I know...I was just giving a TCP only solution.I thought like me there are people who are behind a Firewall and Proxy blocking all udp ports....:-(

Use softether.org and in the options enable Azure VPN , more details here http://www.vpnazure.net/en/

Shameless bump to announce that the script now has the most requested feature: CentOS support!

• @Nyr said:
    Shameless bump to announce that the script now has the most requested feature: CentOS support!

Great

• Great script thanks nyr.

• How to download .ovpn file from VPS?

fitvpn said: How to download .ovpn file from VPS?

Copy it via SCP or SFTP.

If that's difficult for you, here's an alternative: http://curl.io/

• @fitvpn said:
    How to download .ovpn file from VPS?

Or cat client.ovpn then copy and paste -> save *.ovpn

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Still not. Which path to root location of .ovpn file?

Thanked by 1shell

@fitvpn said:
    Still not. Which path to root location of .ovpn file?

The user home (/root).

• Debian/Ubuntu version? I use only them, stuck with stupid CentOS

@fitvpn said:
    Debian/Ubuntu version? I use only them, stuck with stupid CentOS

The script has always supported Debian and Ubuntu! It's only CentOS support which was added now :)

• Thanks! :) Much clear :) But no certificates inside? I cannot connect, but if place ovpn file to folder with other script ovpn with certificates inside, all works fine

@fitvpn said:
    But no certificates inside?

Certificates are inline.

• Cannot connect from single ovpn, only from same folder with other ovpn with scm, that straight

• @Nyr I've compared the server.conf for two servers setup under your script, one without additional port 53 and the other without, but can't see any difference in the config. Where is the additional 53 configured?

• @nyr : I've used your script on 2 of my ubuntu servers.. all works perfectly. Very nice one :)

Anyway, can you maybe add a username password feature on the script? I mean to create certain user login to connect to the service.

Thanks..

@kcaj said:
    Nyr I've compared the server.conf for two servers setup under your script, one without additional port 53 and the other without, but can't see any difference in the config. Where is the additional 53 configured?

This was being done via iptables forwarding which was stupid. Commit submitted with a much cleaner (and logical) approach.

Wira_Soenaryo said: Anyway, can you maybe add a username password feature on the script? I mean to create certain user login to connect to the service.

Thanks for the kind words! Password authentication is not planned at the moment, certificate auth is very secure and pretty easy to deploy.

• @Nyr script works great as usual just used it moments ago.

Id like to suggest changing default encryption to 256bit of your choice by default.

Thanked by 1moofasa
  • databitsdatabits Member
    edited February 2015

Thanks for the tutorial. -EDIT-

Dorkfiles said: Id like to suggest changing default encryption to 256bit of your choice by default.

Why so? Or is it just personal preference? I ask since is not the first time that I get requests like that, or to increase key length or something like that.