Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LD5 VPS Cross Connected to PrimeXM in Equinix LD4 Slough for 150-200 USD/Y
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LD5 VPS Cross Connected to PrimeXM in Equinix LD4 Slough for 150-200 USD/Y

BabynemoBabynemo Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

I am searching some KVM / Windows VPS with 2GB RAM for 150-200 USD/Y per Server.

Location / DC:
Equinix LD5 with Cross Connection to LD4 (IP 185.97.161.95 PrimeXM in UK - Slough

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017
    Come friendly SYN bombs fall on Slough,
    It's not fit for Virtualhosts now.
    There isn't space for images of a cow.
    Swarmed cogent peer death!

• @Jack said:
    Why LD4 and not LD5 or LD6?

I'm already @LD5, but my Telehouse North VPS have lower latency to LD4 than LD5 and i need lowest possible.

• Yes, 99% sure. The systems i want to reach are hosted in LD4

• is this for sneakers

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • BabynemoBabynemo Member
    edited February 2017

yes, trading

• @hzr said:
    is this for sneakers

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Are WIN VPS in LD4 are bookable over Equinix Marketplace? Somebody knows?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said:
    Why LD4 and not LD5 or LD6?

You know 4,5 & 6 are actually in Slough and not London?

He asked for Slough. Slough is where banks / currency exchange firms are, so likely trading.

edited February 2017

OP, you need to be aware that being in the same datacentre means... Nothing. Most connectivity will go to THN or Hex anyway unless someone uses exactly the same upstream as the place you need to get to AND this upstream has a router, not a backhaul link there. In most cases the latency will be even higher from there rather than from THN.

Thanked by 2Babynemo J1021
  • In this case i need a cross connection in LD4 :(

Cross connections fees start from 500 USD/month

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

The question would be what company in LD4, the network you want to hit may be back hauling their transit through another pop for example.

edited February 2017

Okay, in case i want to connect my LD5 Servers with LD4, i have found at interesting cross connection service offerd by beeksfx for 40 GBP/month from my LD5 to LD4 PrimeXM-Servers (I have IP, but ICMP is blocked there).

Someone offering a similar service here?

@Babynemo said:
    In this case i need a cross connection in LD4 :(

Cross connections fees start from 500 USD/month

Cross connect to who? If you don't do much traffic (and you don't) you'll have to pay the network for the port if you want to be connected there, it's called private peering, if at all someone will be interested in dealing with that.

edited February 2017

Traffic is max. 2-3 GB/month per VPS. I have to connect to IP 185.97.161.95 (PrimeXM)
    and i think that, that beekfx (marketleader for fast FX WIN VPS hosting) is located in LD5 too.

I think i will start a new thread for finding a cheap peering service from LD5 to LD4. I have to connect 8 Servers at the moment.

OP. Please read my posts above. You still seem to think that heaving only a link between buildings will improve anything.

• If my server in LD5 has ping 2.2 ms at the moment and i will book a peer connection / cross connection from my IP to TargetIP i can get 0.5 ms or i am not right? @Cloudvider

If you connect directly to that destination network, will depend mainly on the latency of the carrier since that's two different location. Good luck finding B end that takes you up with such a smalltraffic at reasonable price.

Thanked by 1Babynemo
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

You are likely able to make more improvements in software than hardware if the difference is a couple ms.

Think TCP fast open, window sizes etc, cork, etc

Thanked by 1Babynemo
  • @Clouvider said:
    If you connect directly to that destination network, will depend mainly on the latency of the carrier since that's two different location. Good luck finding B end that takes you up with such a smalltraffic at reasonable price.

Also surprised the OP isn't more worried about the latency/jitter introduced by the hypervisor if it's High frequency trading

Thanked by 2Clouvider Babynemo
  • @hzr said:
    is this for sneakers

A lot of demands and a small budget.

• Budget can be higher. I think i can be happy with 1.2-1.3ms Latency on my 2GB RAM VPS for 10USD/m from THN

• Hi Babynemo, what services are you looking to hook up to in LD4? Is it just PrimeXM and BeeksFX - are you not able to get a cross connect between the data centres?

• @MrObvious said:

@hzr said:
    is this for sneakers

Refund me 4 minutes of my life or I file a Paypal dispute. >:{

• @Vissensa said:

Is it just PrimeXM and BeeksFX - are you not able to get a cross connect between the data centres?

I am not @ Beeks, i only think they are in LD5 and are cross connected to LD4 PrimeXM.
    I need the cross connection from some VPS @ THN and LD5 hosted by other companys.

Can you make me a good offer for this peering or a good offer for already peer connected Win VPS?