Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Server - how can I have a user make folders, upload files, but not delete them
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Windows Server - how can I have a user make folders, upload files, but not delete them

I have some Windows servers with a workgroup on my home network. I use one server as a main backup for all the others. Each server has a user on that server.
They can create and upload files to shared folders. So far so good.
But I want to restrict the users, so they just can create folders and upload files, but not have access to modify or delete the files/folders they have uploaded.

Under the Sharing tab on each folder, I have granted the users right to Read and Change.
Then under the Security tab, I have granted the users right to Read & Execute, List folder content, Read and Write. Not ticking for Modify and Full control.

But the users can still delete folders and files they have uploaded. Is it possible, with the limits of using workgroup and shared folders, to deny users to delete and/or modify the content of the folder?

Kenneth Myhre
WindowsTemplate.com - free Windows templates for OVH/Hetzner/Kimsufi/Online.net