Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel VPS

dimitrispdimitrisp Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

I'm going to make an offer to a client, and he wants a cPanel server (one Joomla site will be hosted, along with some static websites which will be part of the Joomla one)

Tell me your prices to move them forward!

Space: 70-120GB

Bandwidth: 10x the space will be enough

RAM: 2GB should suffice

CPU: enough to handle 50 visitors per day + cPanel + email

IP: IPv4 is a must, no IPv6-only offers, and no NAT offers

Locations: The site visitors will be mainly from Greece, so the furthest location I can accept is FR or DE. No exceptions (which means, no UK, no USA locations). The ideal would be GR location or neighboring countries (such as IT, BG), but for the budget I don't think it is doable.

Tell me the price of the VPS, and the price of cPanel License (if you can provide). Monthly and annual payment prices please. Budget is around $25/month (for both the VPS and cPanel).

(If you can provide a complete solution with management, let me know as well)

Comments

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2017

Romania ? you can check my signature and buy a cpanel license for 3rd party also if you need help in move all data we can do it for you

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • @cociu I will have a preference towards an offer with cPanel (if the price is right of course), but if I was to choose your offer, could you add some more space? Not for free of course, but 30GB is not enough. The static sites alone that will be hosted are around 30GB from what I understand -not my work so I don't have the exact details, I'll develop the main Joomla site, but one of the static sites is an image gallery archive-

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2017

dimitrisp said: could you add some more space?

i can do this for 20 $ /mo cpanel included in this case and 100gb space. (or 40 gb ssd raid 10)

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We can do the following in Netherlands:

3GB RAM
    100GB SSD Cached HDD
    3TB Bandwidth
    2 IPv4
    OpenVZ
    cPanel License
    2 Free Wildcard SSL
    Free DDoS Protection
    $16.95/m

We can also provide KVM for slightly more a month. PM me for order link.

Thanked by 2dimitrisp dedicados
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

A suggestion as its for 1 client, use CentOS Web Panel instead, its free, is more than capable for what you want (which really does not need a panel), and that will put your budget where it matters, performance.

Also you should consider OpenVZ offers too as I assume quotas wont matter much.

if you want to use real virtualization then I could offer you something in the Netherlands on XEN HVM:

6 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
    2048 MB RAM
    2048MB SWAP
    100 GB HDD (Raid 10)
    2000 GB Bandwidth
    Gbit Port (Burst)

€11.00 p/month I can purchase the cPanel license on your behalf so you have it as an all in 1 payment if cPanel is an absolute requirement.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
  • Why not just get shared hosting if your requirements are that low? Most shared hosting plans already come with a CPanel license and 50 visits per day is no problem.

• You can check out Aruba Cloud. They have Italy location. The 6.5€ plan will fit your requirement though space is 40 GB SSD. And you can buy cpanel at 13$ per month.

• dimitrispdimitrisp Member
    edited February 2017

AnthonySmith said: A suggestion as its for 1 client, use CentOS Web Panel instead, its free, is more than capable for what you want (which really does not need a panel), and that will put your budget where it matters, performance.

I've tried explaining this, but the client insisted on cPanel. I'll suggest it again with the price difference once I have a few more plans to show

nulldev said: Why not just get shared hosting if your requirements are that low? Most shared hosting plans already come with a CPanel license and 50 visits per day is no problem.

The site is already in a shared hosting server, but since there are also a lot of mailusers (it's the site of a public organisation) that are loging in simultaneously from the same IP, one user blocked the IP way too many times (wrong passwords etc) and noone could access the site nor their mails.

The company that hosts the website, asked them to move to a dedicated server with cPanel at around €100/month + 24% VAT, which is a ridiculous amount for such a small website. They are looking for something way much cheaper than that, so a VPS would be a great fit.

Luke007 said: You can check out Aruba Cloud. They have Italy location. The 6.5€ plan will fit your requirement though space is 40 GB SSD.

The 40GB space is a dealbreaker that can't be "overlooked" :/ Thank you for your suggestion though!