Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for support work
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for support work

yacht979797yacht979797 Member
edited February 2017 in General

Hey guys,

I am looking for (remote) support work.

I am familiar with vmware workstation, very basic linux stuff, and somewhat advanced windows stuff. Other then that, I could be classified as a noob. But I am very willing and eager to learn and very interested in this industry!

My work history includes a decade of sales and customer service at retail AT&T wireless, Apple, and Comcast.

My education includes a bachelor degree in a field with no relevance to this industry.

Give me a shot and you won't regret it!

Thank you!

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2017

Really?

• You just registered.. and posted this thread 10 minutes after sign up.
    • Nobody knows you.
    • You haven't even posted a resume or a curriculum vitae which describes yours specific skills
    • You likely live aboard to your employer.
    • Taxes?
    • Healthcare?
    • Insurance?
    • Legality (and your own legal status.. are you 18+?)
    • how are you gonna be paid?
    • In what currency?
    • how much and based on which country's union suggestions?

If your gonna say "Via paypal friends and family plz" try hackforums.net, Last time I checked the crooks there don't really care.

• yacht979797yacht979797 Member
    edited February 2017

@stefeman said:
    Really?

• You just registered.. and posted this thread 10 minutes after sign up.
    • Nobody knows you.

I was referred here from an IRC channel on freenode.

• You haven't even posted a resume or a curriculum vitae which describes yours specific skills

I would gladly send my resume to any interested party, but I didn't think it was wise to post on a open forum.?

• You likely live aboard to your employer.

I reside in Chicago, IL.

• Taxes?

• Healthcare?

• Insurance?

Not sure what is being asked here exactly.

• Legality (and your own legal status.. are you 18+?)

• how are you gonna be paid?

I can be paid however you want to pay me. I imagine the legitate method is via contractor or employee status?

• In what currency?

In USD

• how much and based on which country's union suggestions?

Whatever you think is appropriate for an individual of my situation.

If your gonna say "Via paypal friends and family plz" try hackforums.net, Last time I checked the crooks there don't really care.

Thanks

Thanked by 2yomero DeadCode
  • Dear god..

Seeing employment via an IRC channel? That was dangerous 20 years ago. I don't know you, or your abilities- but good luck!

Thanked by 1yacht979797
    edited February 2017

@WSS said:
    Dear god..

Seeing employment via an IRC channel? That was dangerous 20 years ago. I don't know you, or your abilities- but good luck!

My ultimate goal is to set up my own vps reselling business.

I was on freenode asking questions about WHMCS/Proxmox/OVH etc... and got advised to spend some time in the industry before pulling that trigger.

I agreed, and so now I am here.

lol thanks!

• @yacht979797 said:
    My ultimate goal is to set up my own vps reselling business.

Why? Dear god, why!?!

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I see, a summer host that is educated, This one may not deadpool like the others. We wish you luck.

Thanked by 2Junkless yacht979797
  • @pbgben said:
    I see, a summer host that is educated, This one may not deadpool like the others. We wish you luck.

It's too bad that summer is ~5 months away for me :(

Thanked by 1yacht979797
  • Fair enough, being open minded is the key here.. but if you have nothing to offer, nobody is gonna bite and ask for the CV. You literally ask for a paid remote work but the info you have given out is absolute minimal.

I know a 13 year old boy that can list the same skills and more. Disregarding the fact that you haven't given out any specific area of talent (i.e. networks, graphics, sales, coding), the only relevant info that may interest people to ask for your resume would be the fact you have previous work experience in the companies listed above.

You gotta give us more or nobody will even ask for that CV. To me your "application" looks pretty lazy made.

• I can let you do my laundry for $5/month.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

@pbgben said:

Indeed, he has 5Months to learn the processes XD

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • I'm confused here with the comments, op was asking a legitimate question, at least he's not sat on his ass and he's actively seeking employment, fair play to you mate.

Thanked by 2JackH PioHost
  • jacnojacno Member
    edited February 2017

try learning how to fix/repair vcr's, theres big bucks in that industry

edited February 2017

I guess I'll emphasize here that I'd be willing to accept low low wages...

• Then you should fare well in TV/VCR repair..

• @pbgben said:

@doghouch said:

@pbgben said:

Indeed, he has 5Months to learn the processes XD

HA! +1

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@yacht979797 I suggest instead of wasting your time with folks who dont give a fuck about anything here, go try DigitalOcean they're recruiting and have handsome packages and perks trust me its WAY better for you to try at legitimate companies than beating around the bush in a forum

• I have messaged you as I need some personal work doing on windows that if I'm honest I'm to lazy to do.

• meatonmeaton Member
    edited February 2017

yacht979797 said: My ultimate goal is to set up my own vps reselling business.

I was on freenode asking questions about WHMCS/Proxmox/OVH etc... and got advised to spend some time in the industry before pulling that trigger.

I'm not sure how many legit companies are going to hire someone with very limited experience with linux systems (self proclaimed noob). You want someone to give you a job to learn so you can start your own business that will be in direct competition? Many companies have non-compete agreements. Why would a company want to hire you knowing eventually you're going to leave to start a new company is an already overcrowded and competitive market?

You would probably be better off setting up a EC2 dev environment on AWS first and learn how to use the various relevant tools and software used. Then you can consider if this is an industry you think you could be successful in on your own or you could resume seeking employment with an already established company.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BharatB said: try DigitalOcean they're recruiting and have handsome packages

@jarland can you confirm you have a handsome package?

Thanked by 1Four20
  • I saw the package. All rumors are true!

Thanked by 2Junkless Four20
  • @Amitz said:
    I saw the package. All rumors are true!

Hey now- get a room.. but record it, so I can watch it later.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @wss is that for you to watch in the other room that you are in ;)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Let's not derail it further... ;-)

Thanked by 2PioHost WSS