Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dirt cheap dedi box with full IP swip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dirt cheap dedi box with full IP swip

fahim5001fahim5001 Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

anyone knows any provider who has cheap dedi with IP SWIP? monthly or yearly plan, IP swip is a must and what i basically need is to show my company name when someone dose a "whoishostingthis" search.

looking for something under 150$ yearly or maybe 200-250 if the offer is really good.

TIA :)

here is an example what end result i am looking for the IP:

http://www.whoishostingthis.com/?q=ns1.hudsonvalleyhost.com

reason for this, most of my local customer dose this as a method of determining host quality.

Comments

• You're crazy.

• Just give them 127.0.0.1 when they ask who owns your IP block. They'll see you are on the same provider and have one hell of a ping time..

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @IAmCTS said:
    You're crazy.

well to earn a penny you must know whats worth a penny :3

• @WSS said:
    Just give them 127.0.0.1 when they ask who owns your IP block. They'll see you are on the same provider and have one hell of a ping time..

did not understand :(
    u are a old experienced member, can u point me to somewhere where i can learn how dose ip block and subnet blocks works in the business? like i rent from some and host them in a node, but how the whole process works. TIA

• fahim5001 said: reason for this, most of my local customer dose this as a method of determining host quality.

How do they feel about the quality of $150-200/year hardware?

• i will only host my main site there, my cpanel is hosted elsewhere (DO+cloudlinux+cpanel)

Thanked by 1Baris
  • @fahim5001 said:

@WSS said:
    Just give them 127.0.0.1 when they ask who owns your IP block. They'll see you are on the same provider and have one hell of a ping time..

did not understand :(
    u are a old experienced member, can u point me to somewhere where i can learn how dose ip block and subnet blocks works in the business? like i rent from some and host them in a node, but how the whole process works. TIA

I've only been here a few months. What I've forgotten about IPv4 is, well, quite a bit. You really should check out some RFCs. For them to deligate you a block, and you not know how to manage it is problematic, to say the least.

Thanked by 1fahim5001
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

So how many IP's do you need? Any hardware, location requirements? Maybe it is possible to do this with an Atom.. LOL, But 200 - 250$/year... a bit extreme..