Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudatcost account sell
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudatcost account sell

Hello,

I have a account on cloudatcost with:

15 CPU:
10752 MB RAM:
160 GB SSD:

for life time. Send me a offer.

Comments

• Yea, thats a good business model. Take one time payments. What if new signups goes to 0, how can they keep the lights on? Can't be much value in a such plan.

• Are you going to sell it at LET price of $7 or why not create an auction?
    This post reminds me that I also have similar things at their service :-)

• $10.01

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Will offer $15 for you to keep it. Don't spread disease.

• @jarland said:

looks like jar started the weekend :)

• cociucociu Member
    edited February 2017

jarland said: Will offer $15 for you to keep it. Don't spread disease.

+5$ from me ... so 15 +5 ... good price

• @jarland said:

How much will you offer for my penis?

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited February 2017

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

Shipping costs too high.

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited February 2017

Status update: @perryoo11 with 21$ :P

• @jarland said:

@WSS said:

@jarland said:

Shipping costs too high.

This is WSS, not Nekki. Could easily fit in a flat rate small. :(

Thanked by 3switsys netomx msg7086
  • $21.5

• ill offer 30

• Unbelievable. People actually bid for something completely worthless from a top s**t provider. Coming up next, we can bid for the possibility of one special neverending domain that contains a rounded dot forever, with one-time payment.

Thanked by 2netomx Four20
  • :lol: I think the price is getting closer to OP's expectation, and that's why there is no BIN price and the end date at the beginning :-)

To be fair, if we just need sth for development and just need to create some VMs and use in a short period, it's fine. I have service there more than a year ago, and randomly created/destroyed/created VMs every other months for testing/dev purposes and it's fine. The fun thing is that VMs will be randomly turned off and you cannot know when they will be.
    Do not need to give more information about network and IO as it is easily to find topics here.

Just want to share some of my experience and usage of their service so that bidders have more insight :-)

Thanked by 1default
  • saf31saf31 Member
    edited February 2017

I thought "cloud at cost" would go out of business before 2016, but seems they are still going strong. How on earth is this kind of business model sustainable ??
    Forevercloud has better pricing and also from terrahost which is much more reliable. it seems they are out of stock !! https://www.theforevercloud.com/

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited February 2017

left change somethings:

BID Your Price

Minimum Increment: $1

Auction Ends: 13 FEB, 2017 - 17:00 Hrs
    https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/taxday?iso=20170213T17&p0=16&msg=cloudatcost+server+sell&font=cursive&csz=1

Status update: @perryoo11 with 31$

• The pricing and the specs are surprisingly close to the rickroll in your sig.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited February 2017

Jewish model of business.. :) Suggest donate to clarity instead.

• @teamacc said:
    The pricing and the specs are surprisingly close to the rickroll in your sig.

If you don't believe me: https://imgur.com/gallery/rdklj

• FlapadarFlapadar Member
    edited February 2017

@saf31 said:
    I thought "cloud at cost" would go out of business before 2016, but seems they are still going strong. How on earth is this kind of business model sustainable ??
    Forevercloud has better pricing and also from terrahost which is much more reliable. it seems they are out of stock !! https://www.theforevercloud.com/

Theres a lot of gullable folk in the world, and iirc they delete people's accounts when they don't log in to their panel for a few months -- which will keep overutilisation at bay.

A typical retention period for a monthly vps is average ~5 months, and their prices are approximately 5x the monthly cost you'd expect elsewhere. I presume this is how they make their money, they're gambling on the fact 50% of people dump their vps by 5 months in.

Edit: looks like after 7 days inactivity they do (or did) shut down services. So that's 20x quicker than I thought, but not termination.

• PioHostPioHost Member
    edited February 2017

Did anyone ever remember the bug in their system they had where you could sign up for a trial account and change some of the site's code to just keep adding packs onto your current package

• Four20Four20 Member
    edited February 2017

@piohost said:
    Did anyone ever remember the bug in their system they had where you could sign up for a trial account and change some of the site's code to just keep adding packs onto your current package

Yea. Some skids even used to sell it as an "unlimited VPS method" on HF :/

• Four20Four20 Member
    edited February 2017

Double post, delete me.

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited February 2017

I was bored so I tried to make a calculation of the true value of this offer: It's $62.4 (if not paid through PayPal, read below) in my opinion.

How? By combining Cloudatcost's pricing of such specs, risks in this deal, and above all their often HUGE discounts.

Price:

2.5 times of their Developer CloudPRO 4 plan (priced at $140) gets us 10 CPU cores, 10GB RAM and 150GB SSD. So far that's $350 .

If I try to calculate what would be their relative price of remaining 5 cpu cores and 10GB SSD I'd say it's $25.

So that's a total of $375, sticker price.

Discounts:

Cloudatcost very often have %80 and even %90 discounts which makes their full price almost a joke. %80 is very common to find and for %90 people would need to wait a bit longer and act faster.

I think in this case, since we're offered an immediate provision and we don't have to wait few weeks for an official discount, it would be fair to calculated a discount of %75 .

So, after reducing %75 from $375 we're left with $93.75

Risk:

We don't know the history of seller with Cloudatcost . He could be a good user, but what if he's selling his account after getting some kind of last warning from them for repetitive violations? What if they don't really like the idea of selling accounts and they finds out later, maybe ask for ID? etc. There is a risk factor we can't predict and can't ignore.
    In this regard PayPal comes to our favor and gives us 180 days of protection. So I'm assuming buyer will pay using PayPal and in this case the risk factor will be %17. Without PayPal risk factor will almost double to %33.33.

So that brings us to final value:

Through PayPal: $77.8

Other unprotected payment method: $62.4

Those would be fair prices. Anything below those prices will start to be a good deal.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jenkki said: Jewish model of business.. :)

Perhaps you'd like to explain what you mean, because I'm sure you didn't mean to use an insulting ethnic stereotype...

• I assume that he is complaining about haggling over a price where some other person may "offer" more money over private message, rather than it be some sort of ethnic slur. As @Nekki said- "He thinks he's funny, but he's wrong."

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited February 2017

IMHO pretty obvious intention was to mock the Jews. "instead" means the practices he attributes to them are kinda negative/inferior. Lets not dance around. Attempts to be funny don't make racism passable either. Rules are rules.