Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndSpirit (or comparable NAT VPS) in Switzerland/Liechtenstein/Austria
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndSpirit (or comparable NAT VPS) in Switzerland/Liechtenstein/Austria

It would be interesting to see one of the LowEndSpirit providers add a NAT VPS offer in Switzerland/Liechtenstein, and maybe also Austria.

Does that sound realistic at all?

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If you have any suggestions on locations and companys willing to rent out a server or space, feel free to suggest it in the LES forums.

To my knowledge there isn't planned any expansions from any of the providers (I've been wrong before)

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • ucxoucxo Member
    edited February 2017

@AnthonySmith took the time to explain the challenges with a Swiss LES service on the LES forum.

However he's willing to look into it if it should turn out I'm not the only one interested in this location.
    So hop on the bandwagon to help make Swiss LES great again a reality! :)

• ucxo said: Does that sound realistic at all?

No, it does not and does not exist in any of this countries at this time for exactly this reason.

AT and CH are 25-50% more expensive than DE, LI is around 500% more expensive in BW and 100-200% in power and space.

LI also has severely limited BW and medium sized DDoS can (and does) take down Telecom Liechtenstein entirely, which is one reason they do not like hosting anymore.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Yeah it would be in Switzerland if anything, LI is completely out of the question, I should have been clear on that.

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited February 2017

VPS247 is priced competively and has Switzerland and Vienna covered, both Interxion facilities too!

Feel free to message if you want a free starter credit.

• There are like 2 DC's in Liechtenstein, and both are primarily for banking, business, etc.

• maldovia said: There are like 2 DC's in Liechtenstein, and both are primarily for banking, business, etc.

There are actually more than 10, but most are private. Banks use their own and not commercial colo services (which are offered by around 5 DCs).

The largest DCs (Telecom Liechtenstein, Kyberna) are owned (Telecom) or headed (Kyberna chair position is with Fürst) by the LI gov which also controls 100% of the fiber in and out of the country.

• @William said:

Sorry for the off topic but how do you know so much about every network in every country? Is it just knowledge gained over the years?

• @lion said:

@William said:

Sorry for the off topic but how do you know so much about every network in every country? Is it just knowledge gained over the years?

he designed several big networks of well known isps :P

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited February 2017

lion said: Sorry for the off topic but how do you know so much about every network in every country? Is it just knowledge gained over the years?

EDIS is present in all 3 of this countries; all deals negotiated by me (CH re-negotiated, that existed before in basic).

Aside of that, i use a lot ISPs private and for business also plus with consulting get to keep the contacts once i sold the customer a solution.

Here, additionally i have a larger footprint in LI still (half a rack) and all 3 are German speaking countries which is sadly a language i also speak.