Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Double-Deposit Promo is Back! (new accounts only)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Double-Deposit Promo is Back! (new accounts only)

DazzleDazzle Member
edited February 2017 in General

Here, just visit : https://www.vultr.com/match/

How does it work?

Simply create an account at Vultr. When you fund your account we will match dollar for dollar up to $100 of your Initial Funding

FYI

Does my match promotion credit expire?
Yes. Any unused promotional credit will expire 12 months after issuance.

How is the match credit applied to my account?
Credit is applied on a 50/50 basis. If your hourly accrued balance is $10, $5 will be deducted from promotional credit, and $5 will be deducted from real funds.

Can I create a new account if I already have an existing account?
No. Duplicate accounts are not eligible for promotions.

How long will this promotion be available?
This promotion is available for a limited time, so act fast before it's too late!

Comments

• Dave is awesome.

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • It's amazing the way companies believe that they can maintain/grow customer loyalty by shafting existing customers with each new promo! As an existing Vultr customer, I would have even been happy with a 25% deposit bonus.

@jarland, I don't monitor DO as much, but does DO shaft existing customers as much?

When was the last time DO/Vultr rewarded existing customers in some way?

• Meh, this has been around for a while. Last years was better, thay gave $30 in free black friday credit, 1 year expiration, but they did expire it.

vultr.com/freetrial still works ($50 credit) but you have to use it within 60 days.

Either way you have to add actual funds to use it.

So now I have a vultr account with no funds (the BF credit got removed) but no way to use any other promo.

No idea what I'd use vultr for anyway, given how many regular vps I have. The $5 and $10 instances are decent values I guess, but after that it just gets silly compared to LET equivalents or cheap dedis.

• But need add valid credit card to file? They not accept prepaid debit cards

• @willie said:

The $5 and $10 instances are decent values I guess, but after that it just gets silly compared to LET equivalents or cheap dedis.

The high priced instances are for short term usage. I rendered a few projects with the 24 CPU instance and it saved me money and time.

If you need a lot of power for a long time it is true. Better to go with regular monthly dedis.

• WickedWicked Member
    edited February 2017

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    It's amazing the way companies believe that they can maintain/grow customer loyalty by shafting existing customers with each new promo! As an existing Vultr customer, I would have even been happy with a 25% deposit bonus.

@jarland, I don't monitor DO as much, but does DO shaft existing customers as much?

When was the last time DO/Vultr rewarded existing customers in some way?

True. Same thing with Spotify, they sometimes have 3 months Premium for $1 and similar. But people who have paid full price for years get nothing.

• Wicked said: True. Same thing with Spotify, they sometimes have 3 months Premium for $1 and similar. But people who have paid full price for years get nothing.

get a family plan, you can have up to 5-6 premium accounts for the same price, sell them and voala! free premium for you.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Changed title to reflect that it's for new accounts only.

• Baris said:

The high priced instances are for short term usage. I rendered a few projects with the 24 CPU instance and it saved me money and time.

Wonder if you could have used 5 or so Scaleway C2M or VC3 instead, for about the same total cpu speed.

• BeardyUnixGuy said: It's amazing the way companies believe that they can maintain/grow customer loyalty by shafting existing customers with each new promo!

Linode has done this in the past, even for existing customer and that was wonderful. I still have some credit there because haven't used their service recently.

• @BeardyUnixGuy said:
    It's amazing the way companies believe that they can maintain/grow customer loyalty by shafting existing customers with each new promo! As an existing Vultr customer, I would have even been happy with a 25% deposit bonus.

I put in $100 on their original 2x promo years ago, but its all used up now and I no longer use VULTR because they never offer the promo to existing customers.

• @HackedServer said:

@BeardyUnixGuy said:

I put in $100 on their original 2x promo years ago, but its all used up now and I no longer use VULTR because they never offer the promo to existing customers.

Last year I believe they offered a promo for discounted instances to existing customers.

• Thanked by 2willie Francisco
  • RAID-1 bugspray? Heh.

• @willie said:
    RAID-1 bugspray? Heh.

Nah it's just a mirror- there's only two cans. :D

• RAID IS NOT BUGUP!

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • BeardyUnixGuy said: It's amazing the way companies believe that they can maintain/grow customer loyalty by shafting existing customers with each new promo! As an existing Vultr customer, I would have even been happy with a 25% deposit bonus.

Stop crying. They're not shafting anyone - they're doing business.

• kcaj said: Stop crying. They're not shafting anyone

That's something customers decide for themselves.

• @willie said:

kcaj said: Stop crying. They're not shafting anyone

That's something customers decide for themselves.

"Waahh- they're not offering me the same doorbuster that they are to folks they want to sign up!"

This isn't deceitful, or a tactic. It's just fucking business.

• WSS said: . It's just fucking business.

Well is it good business or not-so-good? Customers decide that, nobody else.

• @willie said:

WSS said: . It's just fucking business.

Well is it good business or not-so-good? Customers decide that, nobody else.

It is to attract new business. If they are to offer similar deals to existing clients once or twice a year, it's rather good business in my mind.

• WSS said: . If they are to offer similar deals to existing clients once or twice a year, it's rather good business in my mind.

Sure, the complaint from the existing clients is they aren't being offered any deals.

I signed up last year as a new customer under one of the promo deals, never got around to using it, and it expired. So I didn't get any benefit from the promo, but I also don't think I'm allowed to sign up as a new customer again. I don't feel deceived or shafted but at the same time I don't feel particularly incentivized to use Vultr since there's lots of other services that I'm happy with. E.g. the Scaleway €80/month (€0.18/hour) cloud plan is about equal in ram and SSD to Vultr's $640/month plan, though Vultr's has maybe 2x the cpu. Seems hard to justify the 8x cost jump on the basis of just the cpu boost.

• I'm slightly curious: How many LET folks don't already have a Vultr account?

• @willie said:
    I signed up last year as a new customer under one of the promo deals, never got around to using it, and it expired. So I didn't get any benefit from the promo, but I also don't think I'm allowed to sign up as a new customer again. I don't feel deceived or shafted but at the same time I don't feel particularly incentivized to use Vultr since there's lots of other services that I'm happy with. E.g. the Scaleway €80/month (€0.18/hour) cloud plan is about equal in ram and SSD to Vultr's $640/month plan, though Vultr's has maybe 2x the cpu. Seems hard to justify the 8x cost jump on the basis of just the cpu boost.

That's swell. So, don't?

• WSS said: That's swell. So, don't?

Shrug, it's no skin off my nose if I don't. But it means their program of issuing promo credit to attract new users didn't work in at least my case.

• Seems like many failed to even notice that my comment was also tied to building customer loyalty.

Even big companies like Vultr know+understand that they are not irreplaceable in the eyes of their customers. Simply look at how many competitors there are, even at their own price-points!

Promo discounts are only good to introduce customers to your services. Vultr (and others) need to use other tactics in order to retain those customers. That's business!!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Only on LET can a company give a discount and people end up complaining about it.

I love you guys.

• raindog308 said: Only on LET can a company give a discount and people end up complaining about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inequity_aversion

• Only on LET do people blindly regard discussions as "complaining".. since rarely does anyone bother to read the full argument(s) along with associated context.

I still love you guys though.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

@BeardyUnixGuy - for 99% of folks, once you're setup and it's working, they won't move. See also: NetFlix, Amazon Prime, and Google Play. Those are also frivolous online endeavors (of which I have no current subscriptions to).

Groaning that you don't get the same price as those they are trying to entice is kind of like complaining that your Gymnasium won't give you a free week, since they do everyone who isn't a member.

Being a terminal cheap-ass, however, I can empathise.