Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switch from Google Apps paid to Google Apps free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Switch from Google Apps paid to Google Apps free

ReyRey Member

I have 2 domains with Google Apps free created before 2012, few years ago I paid for others 2 domains (8€/m for 2 emails). But wait, reading this forum there are few people that sell old GApss free so I went in my Google Apps free account and SURPRISE! I have 100 license and I can add a secondary domain.. I feel so stupid because I'm paying for this.. So is there a possible to switch from Google Apps paid to Google Apps free? Anyone did this? Does the mailbox remain the same? Or do I lost my emails?

Comments

• Last time I did this you had to remove your domain from Gapps and then after 5 days you were able to add it to another account again. I don't know if that's still the case though. As for your emails... Just create a backup or pull them all in to another account by pop or something.

Thanked by 2netomx Rey
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Imapsync

Thanked by 1Rey
  • there is a risk of losing your free account:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/60229?hl=en

i am not sure if there is some unofficial workaround

Thanked by 1Rey
  • @Rey said:
    I have 2 domains with Google Apps free created before 2012, few years ago I paid for others 2 domains (8€/m for 2 emails). But wait, reading this forum there are few people that sell old GApss free so I went in my Google Apps free account and SURPRISE! I have 100 license and I can add a secondary domain.. I feel so stupid because I'm paying for this.. So is there a possible to switch from Google Apps paid to Google Apps free? Anyone did this? Does the mailbox remain the same? Or do I lost my emails?

You can backup your data and then switch domain to some other so that your domain can be released instantly.

If you delete account, it will take 24 hours to be fully deleted from Google's systems.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@miziki said:
    Hi,

I can switch google apps paid subscription to free subscription without lose data email.

Pm me

Why not post it in the thread, so that everybody can benefit from it?

• @joepie91 said:

@miziki said:
    Hi,

I can switch google apps paid subscription to free subscription without lose data email.

Pm me

Why not post it in the thread, so that everybody can benefit from it?

Because $$$ :)

• Thanks to all.. At the moment I'm a bit confused because I found different things for the same question. An example these two page (the same, one in english and one in my languange):

https://support.google.com/a/answer/6043385?hl=en
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/6043385?hl=it

Yes ->Addresses at multiple domains ([email protected])
    Yes* -> Indirizzi in più domini ([email protected])

• La precedente edizione gratuita di Google Apps supporta solo gli alias dominio, non i domini secondari.

Translated: * The previous edition of Free Google Apps supports only Aliases Domain, not the second domains.

My emailbox are too important, I can't risk.