Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a Storage Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for a Storage Server

ThomLSAThomLSA Member
edited February 2017 in Help

Hello LowendTalkers,
I'm searching for a back-up server for my current plans.
Can someone suggest me a good reliable and cheap solution with like 50/100GB of diskspace?

Comments

• LiteServer.nl

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
  • If you only need 50-100GB, that's a pretty straight-forward ask.

If you can suggest your preferred location and price-point, I'm sure we can find something.

• Hi,

I have the following:

100 GB vps with $2/month or $20/year

200 GB vps with $5.5/month or $55/year

Detailed LET post here

Also you could try @i83 aka quadhost [affiliate link]

Direct link

Thanked by 1i83
  • @MrKaruppu , thanks for the mention!

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017
  • @LiteServer does the 25% coupon still work?

• For only 50-100GB like every VPS will usually do, so if you want storage you might want to take a look at HostHatch (NL), ZXHost (https://zxhost.co.uk/storage.html) or Hetzner (SSD 50GB for 8€/mo).

No offense, but LiteServers KVM storage prices are ridiculous.
    160€/mo. for only 500GB (not even entirely SSD!) is like..paying $50000 for a Ford Ka.
    Friends of mine are paying 30€/mo for a dedicated server with 6TB at Hetzner.
    Of course, he's searching for something cheap, but for example look at Hosthatch's pricing, (https://hosthatch.com/storage-vps), KVM and 1TB for $20/mo with good Netherlands connectivity. Of course not same specs, but on storage, 16GB ram is usually not a necessity.
    If you're going for LiteServer, use OpenVZ. (again, no offense to them, I'm just really stunned when I checked their pricing...I'm open for them telling me a reason for that^^)

• bluesega said: No offense, but LiteServers KVM storage prices are ridiculous. 160€/mo. for only 500GB (not even entirely SSD!)

That's for an enormous VM though (ram, cpu). The 100GB and 200GB plans are much more proportionate to what we are used to.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

No offense, but LiteServers KVM storage prices are ridiculous.
    160€/mo. for only 500GB (not even entirely SSD!) is like..paying $50000 for a Ford Ka.
    Friends of mine are paying 30€/mo for a dedicated server with 6TB at Hetzner.
    Of course, he's searching for something cheap, but for example look at Hosthatch's pricing, (https://hosthatch.com/storage-vps), KVM and 1TB for $20/mo with good Netherlands connectivity. Of course not same specs, but on storage, 16GB ram is usually not a necessity.
    If you're going for LiteServer, use OpenVZ. (again, no offense to them, I'm just really stunned when I checked their pricing...I'm open for them telling me a reason for that^^)

Well, you have a point but you're quoting a 16GB memory plan, and not just 'plain' storage.
    We can provide custom KVM storage servers with larger amounts of storage for a fairly low price. This would be an option when you just need a minimal amount of memory/cpu/bandwidth resources :-)

• We can provide custom KVM storage servers with larger amounts of storage for a fairly low price.

It would be nice if you offered these standard ;)

• Yeah, of course, you have 6 cores (I assume E3 or so..) and 16GB of ram and 11TB bandwidth. (then it's a Ford Ka with every single extra) It just seems a little disproportionate, with such specs I would've expected like..3TB (at least) as disk space. Up to your 2048 package it seems more in proportion.
    Then again, with 3TB disk space, 11TB of bandwidth would make more sense XD I have a Plan with 400GB of disk space and 5TB bandwidth, and even if I make efforts to use it up, it's really difficult. But just in theory, assuming I would like a terabyte of disk space, like...let's say 5-7 (somewhere in there) TB of bandwidth and..2 cores and something between 2-4GB of ram, in which regions would your price be located?
    Thanks for discussing on a nice level by the way. :)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

LA?

• 512MB Dedicated RAM
    • 1x vCPU @ 3.20+ GHz
    • 200 GB Dedicated HDD space (Raid10 SAS)
    • 3TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable
    • 1Gbps uplink
    • 1x IPv4
    • Free DNS Hosting + IPV4 rdns Management
    • 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • KVM/Promox
    • $3/month - Coupon : KVMs
    • $9/Quarterly - Coupon : KVMsQ
    • $25/Yearly Coupon: KVMsy
    • Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=29)