Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for a few daily emails
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for a few daily emails

I am considering switching to a VPS with mailcow for a more dedicated solution. I send out like 5-10 automatic password reset emails daily(IP limit and captcha). And also answer a few email requests.

1 GB RAM

1 vCore/shared

10 GB SSD

EU location

15 EUR/20 USD yearly.

I was thinking about ArubaCloud but I will probably have to order 5-6 times to get a clean IP.

Comments

• Check out @ContraWeb
    This might fit for you..

• @nobizzle said:
    Check out @ContraWeb
    This might fit for you..

I have seen their €8.50/Year offer but only 512 MB RAM. Not sure if this would work with mailcow, I think the minimum requirement is 1 GB.

• Why not use SendGrid and save the trouble? It's free too for that less amount of emails.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Wicked said: I send out like 5-10 automatic password reset emails daily(IP limit and captcha). And also answer a few email requests.

Wicked said: 5-6 times to get a clean IP.

Can't clean your own IP? I did this on my IP blocks I have with OVH where somebody is spamming on the /24 that I have a /29 on. Blacklist Monitor web app keeps me alerted because I watch the /24

I'd go with the SendGrid recommendation.

• hostenshostens Member, Host Rep

You could check our deals at https://www.hostens.eu/vps-hosting/ with our promo code it should fit:

LET

• @doughmanes said:

Wicked said: I send out like 5-10 automatic password reset emails daily(IP limit and captcha). And also answer a few email requests.

Wicked said: 5-6 times to get a clean IP.

Can't clean your own IP? I did this on my IP blocks I have with OVH where somebody is spamming on the /24 that I have a /29 on. Blacklist Monitor web app keeps me alerted because I watch the /24

I'd go with the SendGrid recommendation.

what do you use to monitor as i notice all services are hella overpriced

• Cheers will check this out

• Wicked said: I send out like 5-10 automatic password reset emails daily(IP limit and captcha)

Sendgrid works fine for transactional email, it's free and you have statistics.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @jarland mxroute could also work out quite cheap, he had offer for around 10 bucks per year, using mailchannels for outbound mail.

BTW 512MB can be ok for mailcow.
    You also could disable spam checking if you don't need it and want to save some RAM.

• @Wicked said:

@nobizzle said:
    Check out @ContraWeb
    This might fit for you..

I have seen their €8.50/Year offer but only 512 MB RAM. Not sure if this would work with mailcow, I think the minimum requirement is 1 GB.

We can offer u 1GB RAM please PM me for it.

• @ContraWeb said:

@Wicked said:

@nobizzle said:
    Check out @ContraWeb
    This might fit for you..

We can offer u 1GB RAM please PM me for it.

Can you share the price with us all?

• For those of you recommending SendGrid, how would I be able to create mailboxes and reply to emails through a UI? I would also like a few accounts for my staff.

Not used SendGrid before.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited February 2017

• If it's just a few emails why don't you use a regular vps and send email thru mxroute?