Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a OpenVZ VPS with 1GB RAM (OVH Resellers preferred)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a OpenVZ VPS with 1GB RAM (OVH Resellers preferred)

K4Y5K4Y5 Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

So, I need another VPS since cPanel DNSOnly server now requires 1GB RAM to install. Ridiculous, right?

Anyway, I still need to buy one rather quickly. So, it'd be great if you guys could please recommend any deals that you may have stumbled across.

Requirements -

• 1GB RAM (Important)
  • 1x vCore (Always good to have more)
  • 10GB Storage (SSD preferred, but not compulsory)
  • 1xIPv4 with rDNS
  • 100Mbit port (Traffic would be under 10GB/Mo)
  • OVH resellers with servers at BHS & RBX would be ideal (Important)

I already have a sub $15/Yr VPS with VirMach with slightly better specs. So, I would prefer to buy something within the price range ($15-$18).

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited February 2017

Is something wrong with OVH's own 2GB VPS-SSD other than it being $3.5/month?

Do you really need dedicated ipv4 for a cpanel? @i83 has some 1024MB NAT servers at all 3 OVH DC's at £12.50 each (i-83.net).

Wishosting ( @exception0x876 ) also has stuff at OVH and might be able to set you up with something.

Thanked by 2exception0x876 i83
  • willie said: being $3.5/month

^^ This, probably!

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

he could also want to be supporting resellers, either way the money is still going to ovh and you're still receiving ovh's network and some of their features.

https://extravm.com/openvzvps.html

https://c38.host/

and as mentioned above, https://www.wishosting.com/order/main/packages/VPS/?group_id=2

there are more as well that I'm not thinking of at the moment

Thanked by 2exception0x876 K4Y5
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Thanks for the mention guys, I believe @K4Y5 is aware of wishosting packages however the prices are out of his budget.

Thanked by 2GamerTech24 K4Y5
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2017

@exception0x876 said:
    Thanks for the mention guys, I believe @K4Y5 is aware of wishosting packages however the prices are out of his budget.

Its not just about the budget. I checked your site before I opened this topic but couldn't find a VPS with 1 GB RAM on your site, as the ones on display had RAM over 2GB, which is overkill for this specific purpose.

Please let me know if you could create a custom plan instead.

@willie said:
    Is something wrong with OVH's own 2GB VPS-SSD other than it being $3.5/month?

Do you really need dedicated ipv4 for a cpanel? @i83 has some 1024MB NAT servers at all 3 OVH DC's at £12.50 each (i-83.net).

Wishosting ( @exception0x876 ) also has stuff at OVH and might be able to set you up with something.

Again, overkill for the purpose. I am trying to cut down on the number of VPS and dedis that I haven't fully utilized, and plan on cancelling soon.

So, I just want to get something specifc in terms of resources, for a specific purpose that I would be able to fully utilize and keep for a few years without feeling guilty about wasting resources or money.

• In case it wasn't clear the £12.50 i83 servers are priced per year, not per month. But they're NAT so maybe that doesn't work.

If you're really in a hurry you could get OVH or Wishosting's 2GB plan until something else turns up...

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Check our DeepNetSolutions 1024mb package: https://www.deepnetsolutions.com/openvz-vps.html

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • check Obambu, for example

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @bersy said:
    check Obambu, for example

Thanks. This is the first time that I am hearing their name.
    How is the service quality? Have you had any experience with them?

• K4Y5 said: Have you had any experience with them?

I haven't. I only mentioned them because they meet your tech requirements and your budget.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

I'm assuming that since you already have a VirMach, you don't want another one if you are using it for DNS.

I've got one though, should you want it.
    $12.00 (1G/25GB/750GB)

I also have one right at $15 with 5GB more and a lot more bandwidth:
    $15.00 (1G/30GB/2TB)

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

We can offer you OpenVZ VPS at RBX location .

1GB Ram ,1xCPU (Shared),35GB Disk (Raid10),1IP FREE,1TB Bandwidth , Price $11/year .

Thanked by 2ehab K4Y5
  • I'd recommend HostForce. $1.25 per month.

Only one brief 2 min downtime in the entire 6 months I've been with them. Network is excellent. Not OVH though.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

I assume you're aware that it's possible to get around the minimum RAM requirement? I run DNSONLY on 512mb RAM without any issues. Use the '--force' flag to bypass the RAM requirement.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited February 2017

@SpartanHost said:
    I assume you're aware that it's possible to get around the minimum RAM requirement? I run DNSONLY on 512mb RAM without any issues. Use the '--force' flag to bypass the RAM requirement.

Tried that already. Doesn't work anymore with the latest version.

• You might just want to strace the installer if it's a binary. I doubt they can figure out the RAM themselves, because, hey, CPanel.

See what it's doing under strace, then replace whatever binary it expects with your own output for it to parse? I doubt I'd be horribly happy with the results, but, hey, CPanel.

Thanked by 1K4Y5