Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help finding cheap VPS's that allows mailing activity!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help finding cheap VPS's that allows mailing activity!

rEDrED Member
edited February 2017 in Help

Hello guys,

Im new here, registered cuz I am looking for mailing allowed VPS provider/s and this place seems nice to hangout :D

I am looking for:

1gb ram
2 or more cores
15gb ssd
2TB transfer
Price around $5-6

Will need 5 extra ips on vps so total cost can go.around $10(vps + extra ips)

Thanks!!

Comments

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

What kind of mailing exactly?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited February 2017

OVH VPS allows 16 additional IPs per VPS with onetime fee only. Seems perfect for a longtime legitimate mailing activity.

• Hi,

Bounce rate < 5%
    My email list is 100% legit and is cleaned regularly... I would like to be fully transparent beforehand so telling these details.. I will be mailing offers to my data just like any other LEGIT email marketer.

The email data I get is from live feed and is cleaned before i put on my servers.

• rEDrED Member
    edited February 2017

@exception0x876 said:
    OVH VPS allows 16 additional IPs per VPS with onetime fee only. Seems perfect for a longtime legal mailing activity.

Yes I had a dedi with them with 32 ips in the past and are good but now i am on a budget and they charge quite high per ip($3) also i think we cannot order less than 16 ips so here itself the ip cost goes to $48 which kills my budget 3x.

My main mailing app is hosted with OVH only though, its just for interface not as a delivery server

• @rED said:

@exception0x876 said:
    OVH VPS allows 16 additional IPs per VPS with onetime fee only. Seems perfect for a longtime legal mailing activity.

Yes I had a dedi with them with 32 ips in the past and are good but now i am on a budget and they charge quite high per ip($3) also i think we cannot order less than 16 ips so here itself the ip cost goes to $48 which kills my budget 3x.

My main mailing app is hosted with OVH only though, its just for interface not as a delivery server

you can buy single IPs from them, you also only pay for the IP once then no monthly charge

• My main mailing app is hosted with OVH only though, its just for interface not as a delivery server

Interspire spammer confirmed. Host Interspire web app on OVH, burn up low end VPS servers' IPs because OVH won't touch the web app

• @piohost said:

@rED said:

@exception0x876 said:

you can buy single IPs from them, you also only pay for the IP once then no monthly charge

Thanks I did not know that.. now this looks cheap hehe

• @doughmanes said:

Interspire spammer confirmed. Host Interspire web app on OVH, burn up low end VPS servers' IPs because OVH won't touch the web app

Lol, as i said I have had mailing servers from OVH in the past and they didn't have any probs with it but let's face it, when mailing eventually every server is going to die in couple months the ips goes bad...

I don't use interspire as my mail app but I use mailwizz(not that it makes any diff on the point you're trying to make) as interpire crack is available all over teh interwebzz nd spammers just install it on a random ass server and rape it in few days, but i paid for mailwizz and learned all the mail setup myself i am a noobie but now i know things better on how they work etc and I doubt spammer are willing to go into this little dept if they just wanna spam n bang..

Thanked by 1gapper
  • rED said: Lol, as i said I have had mailing servers from OVH in the past and they didn't have any probs with it but let's face it, when mailing eventually every server is going to die in couple months the ips goes bad...

I wish people like you and those in the similar industry would face the same fate. I'd personally give you all free Pinochet style helicopter rides

• @rED said:
    but let's face it, when mailing eventually every server is going to die in couple months the ips goes bad...

Why would the IP of a legit mail server go "bad"? Why would a valid email list have to be "cleaned"? Why would emails to interested recipients still bounce with such a high rate?

The odor of spam is strong here. You're not fooling anyone, except perhaps yourself.

Thanked by 2doughmanes marrco
  • impossiblystupid said: You're not fooling anyone, except perhaps yourself.

You'd be surprised providers who will accept such a customer.

• @doughmanes said:
    You'd be surprised providers who will accept such a customer.

Yeah, but I have to think it'd be with full-well knowing that they're going to end up with tainted IPs due to spam. And they'd have to be real desperate to do it for as little as rED is offering.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2017

impossiblystupid said: Why would a valid email list have to be "cleaned"?

Standard practice, and has been for a long time. In fact, isn't this why people are recommended to go with a dedicated email service? They take care of the bounces as well as providing warm IPs.

• rED said:

The email data I get is from live feed

Live feed of what? Legit subscriptions are double opt-in.

Thanked by 2doughmanes WSS
  • Live feed of WHOIS registrations

Thanked by 4WSS willie sin netomx
  • @doughmanes said:
    Live feed of WHOIS registrations

..which also explains the 'cleaning' ahead of time.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @impossiblystupid said:

@rED said:
    but let's face it, when mailing eventually every server is going to die in couple months the ips goes bad...

Why would the IP of a legit mail server go "bad"? Why would a valid email list have to be "cleaned"? Why would emails to interested recipients still bounce with such a high rate?

The odor of spam is strong here. You're not fooling anyone, except perhaps yourself.

lol even if u have a 100% valid mail list it needs to be cleaned from time to time

this is an email campaign i sent few days ago

see there are 827 bounces out of which only 14 were hard bounces and I sent to 25k so calculate it for yourself how much is the bounce rate.

This is the first time I am using VPS, prior to this I was using dedicated only.

I get live feed of mortgage data, finance etc data not crappy WHOIS db

I REALLY LOVE when people talk shit about something they don't have slightest clue about :)

• 94% of your legit mail is unopened, lol.

• @willie said:
    94% of your legit mail is unopened, lol.

I can only take so many penis pills in one day!

Thanked by 3doughmanes Yura jvnadr
  • @willie said:
    94% of your legit mail is unopened, lol.

yes, I mail them offers thats why...

Offers usually have these much open rate if not less!

• @rED said:
    lol even if u have a 100% valid mail list it needs to be cleaned from time to time

No, it doesn't. People simply unsubscribe from any emails they asked for if they no longer are interested in them. An email becoming invalid is a rare, one-time thing; there would be no consistently high bounce rate.

this is an email campaign i sent few days ago

Again, you're only fooling yourself if you think that looks normal. Your data from spam emails looks like data for spam emails.

see there are 827 bounces out of which only 14 were hard bounces and I sent to 25k so calculate it for yourself how much is the bounce rate.

If it's not essentially 0, you're not legit.

I get live feed of mortgage data, finance etc data not crappy WHOIS db

And here we have your admission that you're spamming third-party contacts.

I REALLY LOVE when people talk shit about something they don't have slightest clue about :)

We do love it when you post trying to justify your spamming.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Its fascinating how different people have very different understanding of the term 'legit bulk mailing' haha.

If you really feel it is legit, use sendgrid, get a higher deliver rate to actual inboxes.

It is about as cheap as it comes and I am sure your not doing it for fun so there must be some profit to cover a real solution rather than pissing about and getting ip blocks blacklisted?

• This is the first time I am using VPS, prior to this I was using dedicated only.

His profits are dwindling so he's saving money or providers are kicking him out.

I wonder if he's got a ROKSO on file with Spamhaus

• impossiblystupid said: No, it doesn't. People simply unsubscribe from any emails they asked for if they no longer are interested in them. An email becoming invalid is a rare, one-time thing; there would be no consistently high bounce rate.

lol you don't know nothing about how the mailing thing works, yes every list needs to be cleaned regularly regardless if its DOI or not, ask any person who mails to their subscriber list... from this comment of yours it seems you really have no clue of what you are talking about so I won't reply your below comments.

• @impossiblystupid said:
    No, it doesn't. People simply unsubscribe from any emails they asked for if they no longer are interested in them. An email becoming invalid is a rare, one-time thing; there would be no consistently high bounce rate.

Depends on how you define "clean". I have seen too many cases whereby subscribers stubbornly click "spam" button instead of unsubscribe.

Besides, bounce count 0 is simply too unrealistic, be it soft or hard. Resignation and jump ship are something very common.

Well, not that I support what the OP was doing or planning to do, just stating some facts.

Thanked by 2rED WSS
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Its fascinating how different people have very different understanding of the term 'legit bulk mailing' haha.

If you really feel it is legit, use sendgrid, get a higher deliver rate to actual inboxes.

It is about as cheap as it comes and I am sure your not doing it for fun so there must be some profit to cover a real solution rather than pissing about and getting ip blocks blacklisted?

Legit mail data has the following things:

F name
    L name
    Email id
    Source URL (The source from where the lead was captured)
    IP

For eg say you have your own subscribers list and want to monetize it, so you look for a list managing company and they will give you % or rev generated. But they won't accept your list unless you have the latter 2 things (source and ip) thus will call your list illegit.

Instead of spending money on sendgrid I would go for a dedi for the same cost and have all the control to myself. Delivery rate would be the same.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

heh, sure.

• YuraYura Member
    edited February 2017

@rED said:
    live feed of mortgage data, finance etc data not crappy WHOIS db

>

@rED said:
    Legit mail data has the following things:

DOUBLE OPT-INS

• Well obviously some do "clean" their mailing list. I got this surprising e-mail today from Freepik.

We removed you from our mailing list
    Hi there,
    We noticed that you haven't opened our messages lately. Since we don't want to clutter your inbox with things you don't need, we removed you from our mailing list.
    If it's a mistake and if you still want to receive our news, you can easily re-subscribe with one click:

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

rED said: Legit mail data has the following things:

F name L name Email id Source URL (The source from where the lead was captured) IP