Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone use Pritunl?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone use Pritunl?

jacnojacno Member
edited February 2017 in Help

I just set up Pritunl yesterday. I got it working and everything. But I have a problem with the "Bind ip address" option. When ever I enter the ip address to bind to, i can't connect to the server.
The ip address is a bought ip i added to the eth0 interfaces file (it pings).

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Did you start the server? You have to start the VPN server after you make it.

• jacnojacno Member
    edited February 2017

@Awmusic12635 said:
    Did you start the server? You have to start the VPN server after you make it.

Hey Awmusic! Yeah its started on the webpanel. If I remove the ip bind address, I can connect to it but it'll just use the vps' default ip address, but as soon as I add the my added ip address (used a ip alias guide to add the extra ip ) my pritunl client won't connect. Gives me a "Mon Feb 06 08:27:05 2017 read UDPv4: Connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET) (code=10054) Mon Feb 06 08:27:07 2017 read UDPv4: Connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET) (code=10054) Mon Feb 06 08:27:09 2017 Server poll timeout, restarting

Now if i add a made up ip address like 111.111.111.111 it'll give me

TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address [AF_INET]11.11.111.111:10220: Cannot assign requested address Exiting due to fatal error

but if i put in the correct ip address

Initialization Sequence Completed COM> SUCCESS: bytecount interval changed

and the server goes online.

I go to download the newest profile, and i can't connect.

Its almost as if my ip address I added is not set up to allow internet or something, even though i can ping it.

• @jacno Do you have any firewall (iptables, etc.) installed?

• jacnojacno Member
    edited February 2017

@doghouch no i just reinstalled a stock ubuntu os and installed pritunl. Should i install a firewall?

edit: nvm i just checked, i have iptables installed.

• @jacno said:
    @doghouch no i just reinstalled a stock ubuntu os and installed pritunl. Should i install a firewall?

edit: nvm i just checked, i have iptables installed.

Make sure the port is open (accept)

• You need 80, 443 (if LE SSL) and 1025 to 65355

Reference: https://www.vultr.com/docs/setup-a-vpn-server-with-pritunl-on-ubuntu

• I used it on many servers for many months, or maybe a year, then it wrecked itself somehow and the developer is incredibly arrogant. I gave up on it. But when it worked, it was a great solution.

I might give it another go sometime.

• I found that when an ovz Ubuntu 16.04 gets updated, pritunl crashes and the interface returns a error 500. Doesn't happen on KVM though.

• jacnojacno Member
    edited February 2017

I followed that guide @thraciandog , along with the opening ports section. I also tried debiean 8, ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04. I ended up giving up on it