Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Colo Quote
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK Colo Quote

Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of UK colo provider that is reasonably cheap(ish)?

I'm looking at buying a HP ProLiant DL380 G5 off eBay and colo'ing it, server will only be used for running a small Plex server.

I'm led to believe the server has 2X 750W PSU's in (one for redundancy) and will be is 2U in size.

Would appreciate if any providers could give me a quote of somewhere to park this bad boy :)

Cheers

Comments

• Thanked by 1Zare
  • or spare your money on the server and join the let plex community... xD

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @Clouvider is very good :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I wouldn't buy a DL380G5 these days, at least not for colo, I'd get something much more modern if you plan to keep it there for 1-2yrs what you save in power costs will probably make up for the initial upfront cost difference.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rocket said:
    @Clouvider is very good :)

Thanks for recommending :-).

@Gerrard8 dedicated server will likely be cheaper than collocation due to power consumption of this kit.

• Speak to Jon at North Hosts.

Thanked by 1northhosts
  • As much as Id love to sell you colo, you really don't want to be coloing that box. Its a complete energy abuser. Easily over an amp. You can get much better servers on a budget that use alot less power. You can get a dual l5520 with 16gb of ram for less than £100. If you cant find one ill sell you one..

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @northhosts said:
    As much as Id love to sell you colo, you really don't want to be coloing that box. Its a complete energy abuser. Easily over an amp. You can get much better servers on a budget that use alot less power. You can get a dual l5520 with 16gb of ram for less than £100. If you cant find one ill sell you one..

Pm me some info :)