Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please, to delete the post bar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please, to delete the post bar

SHEN_JMSHEN_JM Member
edited January 2017 in Help

Arubacloud, suddenly stopped my service, asked me to submit proof of identity, which is why,which is why

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@SHEN_JM said:
    Arubacloud, suddenly stopped my service, asked me to submit proof of identity, which is why,which is why

Which is why what ?

Thanked by 2cassa netomx
  • @SHEN_JM said:

how long have you been with them

• Clouvider said: Which is why what ?

Going to take a guess that he means 'I don't know why' or 'why have they done it'?

Unfortunately, still not something anyone but Arubacloud can answer.

• I do not know, I do not have any abuse

@Clouvider said:

@SHEN_JM said:

Which is why what ?

• 10 days or so

@sonic said:

@SHEN_JM said:

how long have you been with them

• I do not know why to stop my service

@Nekki said:

Clouvider said: Which is why what ?

Going to take a guess that he means 'I don't know why' or 'why have they done it'?

Unfortunately, still not something anyone but Arubacloud can answer.

• (continue)...which is why I opened up a support ticket, respectfully asking for more information, because this is the proper way to deal with such issues in an elegant and disciplined approach.

• Maybe they found something strange in your customer data. Have you filled right all fields?

Aruba is a big italian company, just send them your ID copy and your service will be restored.

• @default said:
    (continue)...which is why I opened up a support ticket, respectfully asking for more information, because this is the proper way to deal with such issues in an elegant and disciplined approach.

Good job! Not everyone seems to be able to grasp that.

Thanked by 2dediserve netomx
  • I fill out the information is correct, uploading identity information is a dangerous act

@matteob said:
    Maybe they found something strange in your customer data. Have you filled right all fields?

Aruba is a big italian company, just send them your ID copy and your service will be restored.

• @SHEN_JM said:

If you not trust in your provider that just ask you a copy of your ID not buy from them. What you think that a 85million euro company revenue do with your ID?

From the launch of 1€ VM they started to have lot of outbound DDoS and abuse issue and they now try to block that.

You can not blame them if they try to save their network from abusers.

• I just want to find someone who used to ask, TK (customer service) response efficiency is too slow

@default said:
    (continue)...which is why I opened up a support ticket, respectfully asking for more information, because this is the proper way to deal with such issues in an elegant and disciplined approach.

• This whole "more personal data!" thing is going to explode rather soon anyway. Maybe it would be good to have a seperate thread discussion on that.

What I mean is this: With ever more scammers on all sides in the internet, understandably the providers want ever more proof of identity and whatnot.
    At the same time with all those nsa and fbi scandals, Snowden informations, etc. the customers get ever more mistrusting.

I noticed that personally some days ago when opening an account with some (presumable well reputed) indian provider they asked rather intrusive (so I feel) information and I found myself thinking "fuck you! I know next to nothing about you. Who tells me that the data I provide to you won't end up who knows where?".
    In the end I opened a ticket and told to either content themselve with what I'm OK to give them or to leave it.

Both sides have arguments, I can understand both sides, but I also see that many providers have utterly lousy security. Just think of yahoo which, frankly, didn't care a rats ass about the security of their hundreds of millions clients. In security related communities we see major breaches pretty every week with tens or hundreds of thousands of clients data ending up in criminal hands.

I personally tend to think that a provider using any php/mysql based cms is definitely not in a position to ask anything more than standard data.

Currently it seems that most providers don't care. Either the clients play their game or they play none. With customer awareness and mistrust rising, however, that position won't be tenable in the long run.

What do you think about it?

Thanked by 2biphobe Anon111234
  • I think I need to provide proof of identity is not no, the problem he was in the course of my use of a sudden, stop the service, I have to offer, this can be stated in advance when buying

@bsdguy said:
    This whole "more personal data!" thing is going to explode rather soon anyway. Maybe it would be good to have a seperate thread discussion on that.

What I mean is this: With ever more scammers on all sides in the internet, understandably the providers want ever more proof of identity and whatnot.
    At the same time with all those nsa and fbi scandals, Snowden informations, etc. the customers get ever more mistrusting.

I noticed that personally some days ago when opening an account with some (presumable well reputed) indian provider they asked rather intrusive (so I feel) information and I found myself thinking "fuck you! I know next to nothing about you. Who tells me that the data I provide to you won't end up who knows where?".
    In the end I opened a ticket and told to either content themselve with what I'm OK to give them or to leave it.

Both sides have arguments, I can understand both sides, but I also see that many providers have utterly lousy security. Just think of yahoo which, frankly, didn't care a rats ass about the security of their hundreds of millions clients. In security related communities we see major breaches pretty every week with tens or hundreds of thousands of clients data ending up in criminal hands.

I personally tend to think that a provider using any php/mysql based cms is definitely not in a position to ask anything more than standard data.

Currently it seems that most providers don't care. Either the clients play their game or they play none. With customer awareness and mistrust rising, however, that position won't be tenable in the long run.

What do you think about it?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

SHEN_JM said: I just want to find someone who used to ask, TK (customer service) response efficiency is too slow

Give them your ID or move. I suppose (from the user name) that you are Chinese. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fraud orders and spaming from China vps customers to a lot of providers, and i am sure that an 1 dollar per month vps in the EU with clean ip is a magnet for such people.
    If you do not trust a big and well known company when asking for a proof of who you are, then, tell me even a single reason why should they trust you, an one dollar per month client...
    Even more when you bash them to a forum as an extremely new member... If I where them, I wouldn't now accept you even with an ID and I would ask you to leave.

Thanked by 2matteob Clouvider
  • I am Chinese, if you are biased against our Chinese people, I do not mind, our objective point OK? , I just want to figure out the reason, I am not to discuss the issue of trust with you

@jvnadr said:

SHEN_JM said: I just want to find someone who used to ask, TK (customer service) response efficiency is too slow

Give them your ID or move. I suppose (from the user name) that you are Chinese. Unfortunately, there are a lot of fraud orders and spaming from China vps customers to a lot of providers, and i am sure that an 1 dollar per month vps in the EU with clean ip is a magnet for such people.
    If you do not trust a big and well known company when asking for a proof of who you are, then, tell me even a single reason why should they trust you, an one dollar per month client...
    Even more when you bash them to a forum as an extremely new member... If I where them, I wouldn't now accept you even with an ID and I would ask you to leave.

• SHEN_JM said: I am Chinese, if you are biased against our Chinese people, I do not mind, our objective point OK? , I just want to figure out the reason, I am not to discuss the issue of trust with you

I am not biased against Chinese people. I just presenting the facts. Spam coming from your country is much bigger than in most of other countries. This triggers alerts to the providers and tripple check every customer from your country.
    What do you want from us? To tell you how nice, good, trustworthy, tall, handsome you are? Or give you some infos about how this is working?
    Don't trust me, I am not a provider. But if you treat LET members like that, when they just trying to help you, then, you better move from LET and try to look elsewhere.

SHEN_JM said: I think I need to provide proof of identity is not no, the problem he was in the course of my use of a sudden, stop the service, I have to offer, this can be stated in advance when buying

Aruba is a good company. Probably, your data triggered some fraud services or they checked manually your account and need some proofs. it can be happen sometimes, especially if you live in a high-spamming country and/or your details are not accurate or cannot be validated.
    So, as other members told you already, either give them that they need or move on.

(Not to mention that this is your third LET thread and already in your second thread you bashed another provider because he did not give you a refund after you were not satisfied with the speed of their vps with China. This alone can trigger an alert for any customer, especially from China. Learn to behave and stop acting like that in public forums).

• Before the service provider, I was talking to them, they did not solve any problems for me, but also do not reply, when you encounter, you will understand the

@jvnadr said:

SHEN_JM said: I am Chinese, if you are biased against our Chinese people, I do not mind, our objective point OK? , I just want to figure out the reason, I am not to discuss the issue of trust with you

I am not biased against Chinese people. I just presenting the facts. Spam coming from your country is much bigger than in most of other countries. This triggers alerts to the providers and tripple check every customer from your country.
    What do you want from us? To tell you how nice, good, trustworthy, tall, handsome you are? Or give you some infos about how this is working?
    Don't trust me, I am not a provider. But if you treat LET members like that, when they just trying to help you, then, you better move from LET and try to look elsewhere.

SHEN_JM said: I think I need to provide proof of identity is not no, the problem he was in the course of my use of a sudden, stop the service, I have to offer, this can be stated in advance when buying

Aruba is a good company. Probably, your data triggered some fraud services or they checked manually your account and need some proofs. it can be happen sometimes, especially if you live in a high-spamming country and/or your details are not accurate or cannot be validated.
    So, as other members told you already, either give them that they need or move on.

(Not to mention that this is your third LET thread and already in your second thread you bashed another provider because he did not give you a refund after you were not satisfied with the speed of their vps with China. This alone can trigger an alert for any customer, especially from China. Learn to behave and stop acting like that in public forums).

• bsdguy said: Maybe it would be good to have a seperate thread discussion on that.

So, open a seperate thread for that and post there your text as initial opinion. :)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2017

As much as I dislike Aruba (as a company in general, I had to test their 1€ VPS services and I have to admit it's really decent at least for testing purposes) it's clear that you've triggered some alerts/raised some flags whilst signing up or because of your VPS usage. First you say that "uploading identity information is a dangerous act" then you say that your answer to "the need to provide proof of identity is not no". You should have put already your genuine info upon registration; double-checking the identity for a customer with ID scans and the like involves time and work and my bet is that they would really prefer to avoid it if unnecessary. There should have been something that triggered this "need for an ID scan" . The legislative decree 196/2003 gives you deep rights to investigate how your data is used and allows you to request for your data to be amended/deleted/sanitized/whatever. You own the data belonging to your persona all along (contrary to some US business). So I can't really understand your concern.

I seriously hope you haven't put your 15k €/minute business on a 1€/mo VPS or something like that anyway

@SHEN_JM said: I am Chinese

well, this raises a flag for sure. Don't take it personally. As @jvnadr said, give them your ID or move

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

SHEN_JM said: Before the service provider, I was talking to them, they did not solve any problems for me, but also do not reply, when you encounter, you will understand the

So, your next move was to come to LET to bash them... Nice play!
    And what issue should they solve? Speed to China? If you know how to use an unmanaged cheap vps service, then, you should ask for a test ip or providing some speed tests and a traceroute to where you want, BEFORE buying the service.
    Or, buy the service for a month to try it and not renew it if it does not satisfy you. Slow speed from US to China is not a reason for a refund, to most of providers.
    It's like you go to a restaurant and order something you saw in the catalog, taste it and ask the waiter for a refund not because it is not good but because you do not like it.

• Please look carefully, otherwise do not criticize casually

@jvnadr said:

SHEN_JM said: Before the service provider, I was talking to them, they did not solve any problems for me, but also do not reply, when you encounter, you will understand the

So, your next move was to come to LET to bash them... Nice play!
    And what issue should they solve? Speed to China? If you know how to use an unmanaged cheap vps service, then, you should ask for a test ip or providing some speed tests and a traceroute to where you want, BEFORE buying the service.
    Or, buy the service for a month to try it and not renew it if it does not satisfy you. Slow speed from US to China is not a reason for a refund, to most of providers.
    It's like you go to a restaurant and order something you saw in the catalog, taste it and ask the waiter for a refund not because it is not good but because you do not like it.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

SHEN_JM said: Please look carefully, otherwise do not criticize casually

I looked carefully. So:

SHEN_JM said: I heard this is Asia optimized route, so I bought, but the speed is not ideal

You... heard? From whom? Did you asked them BEFORE you buy and had tests BEFORE you buy?

SHEN_JM said: I communicate with the customer service, I want a refund

Witch provider do give refunds just for not optimized speed from US to China? Give me a single name! Refunds mean money loss (due to paypal fees) and time for a provider. Why should he give this to a non- client and an abusive one, should I say?

SHEN_JM said: and later their response speed is slow, it can be said is not a reply, so I opened a new TK, so the new TK, give me a reply, but did not give me a refund TK, to reply.

What is a non-slow response for you in a billing support ticket from a cheap vps provider? 1 hour? 2 hours? 24 hours?
    Also, if you cannot speak decent English, there is also a language barrier and a support team will not spend a lot of time trying to communicate with you for 2-3$ per month.

SHEN_JM said: They are willing to provide with the data center, but I have tried, they said before speed for me, the result is very obvious, there is no change, if they can really solve

What to solve? Is your vps out of order? Do you have a disk issue? Speed routes from US to China is not something guaranteed, except if it is written in TOS/AUS and ads from the provider.

• welcome to let beatup support
    we offer here useless answers.

we will do nothing but just posting trolls.

i hope this was usefull

best wishes
    let community members

Thanked by 3netomx Hxxx didtav
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

perryoo11 said: we offer here useless answers

Where did you see trolls? Most of people here did gave useful answers. Give ID to a big company as asked, because he lives in a country there are a lot of fraud clients, or stop using them and move on. The only troll in this threed seem to be you...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • biphobebiphobe Member
    edited January 2017

@jvnadr said:
    Give them your ID or move. (...)

@matteob said:
    If you not trust in your provider that just ask you a copy of your ID not buy from them. What you think that a 85million euro company revenue do with your ID? (...)

Your answers somehow reminded me of "nothing to hide" argument: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument.

It's a matter of privacy and protecting sensitive personal data, not trust.

Asking for ID without a proper, justified reason is not fine and never should be. Passing around such valuable informations without thinking just because the company which asked for it is big or renowned is a lousy reason to me.

• @biphobe said:

if a customer come from china, as it seems, companies have lot of reasons to ask it. At least of half chinese orders are from frauders.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

@biphobe said:
    Your answers somehow reminded me of "nothing to hide" argument: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_to_hide_argument.

It's a matter of privacy and protecting sensitive personal data, not trust.

The "nothing to hide" arguments applies to governmental/public entities. Also don't mix the "pervasive monitoring is an attack" argument with contracts. For contractual obligations you may be required to give your data and "sign" the contract with something that ain't a handle/nickname. Private entities in Italy are subject to a severe discipline as far as user's personal data management. Users retain full ownership over their data. Moreover, you're already asked for all that kind of data upon registration. Asking for ID is just asking for a proof of the data you've already inserted/you already gave to the company. Without that data, the company wouldn't be able to properly grant you an account (and could be legally prevented from doing so for certain services). Any company can refuse clients if you're not willing to give them personal identification data they deem necessary.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

biphobe said: Asking for ID without a proper, justified reason is not fine and never should be. Passing around such valuable informations without thinking just because the company which asked for it is big or renowned is a lousy reason to me.

OK, then. Tomorrow go to your closest rental car company and ask to rent you a vehicle without giving them a copy of your ID and driving license, because you want to protect your privacy. Or, book a hotel room and when you get to the reception, refuse to give them your ID for renting the room, because you want to protect your sensitive personal data.
    ID is not "sensitive personal data". It is a government form to validate your ID. In fact, the only real sensitive personal data in a case of a vps, may be the content of the vps. But, if it is so, then, it is just silly to trust a hosting company to hold the data in their services but not trust them for an ID validation giving them some proofs.
    Validating ID for a service has nothing to do with "nothing to hide argument". A server is a property of a hosting company. Running it, keep their ip clean, protect the other customers are obligations for them. It is a shady business if they don;t want to know with who do they have to deal. If their client uses their vps to hack an organization or blackmail a person, the one will have trouble with the law will be the hosting company if they don't know the ID of their client having just fake details. Same applies in case of mass spamming.
    There are some providers of that kind, they mostly advertising in HackForum and usually they don't host the most legal activities!
    I could understand the need of anonymity in cases such as freedom of speech. But, believe me, an 1 dollar vps paid by CC/Paypal (with full owner's details in hand), such like OP's demand, is not in that category...

Thanked by 1WSS
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

SHEN_JM said: In fact, I just want to ask people who have used, you tried this, why suddenly to provide proof, I think my help has lost its meaning

The change of the initial post is icing on the cake. OP realized that his thread didn't achieve the goal of bashing the provider, but instead of that, it made him looking as wrong, so, he deleted his words! Nice!

Thanked by 1Clouvider