Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone have a spare Windows VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone have a spare Windows VPS?

bigcatbigcat Member
edited May 2013 in General

I'm looking for Windows VPS to do some revision on Windows Server, for 2 or 3 days. Anyone have idle VPS and feeling charitable please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

I have a KVM VPS spare, and it was my first ever KVM! I just haven't had time to go on it or do anything.

Drop me a PM if you want it.

• bigcatbigcat Member
    edited May 2013

@Jacob said: Drop me a PM if you want it.

Done

*Edit : Jacob's VPS doesn't comes with Windows license, so can't go through. I'm still looking.

• marrcomarrco Member

http://aws.amazon.com/free/ gives you a free windows vps for one year, and much, much more

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

If you're a student you can easily pick up a Windows Server licence through Microsoft's Dreamspark programme.

• bigcatbigcat Member
    edited May 2013

@marrco
    OK, didn't know about this one. Will check that out :)

@ElliotJ
    Not a student apparently

• @marco : how to get free one year ??

• awsonawson Member

@smadav84 said:
    marco : how to get free one year ??

Sign up to AWS (http://aws.amazon.com). You'll need to verify your credit card and phone number.

You can then create a free Micro instance on EC2, and you won't be charged for a year unless you go over 16GB outgoing bandwidth or perform over 1 million iops.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@bigcat said:
    I'm looking for Windows VPS to do some revision on Windows Server, for 2 or 3 days. Anyone have idle VPS and feeling charitable please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

what type of revision?

• bigcatbigcat Member

@DewlanceVPS said:
    what type of revision?

Just to refresh my knowledge of Windows since I left Windows few years back

Neverteless, thank you for all reply. I already got what I need. Some friend have extra Win server license

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

Watch out @Nyr, an arsehole from Spain, will be on shortly and give you grief for being sooo cheap that your can't buy an instance on digital ocean. Atleast that's what he did in my thread.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Huh?

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

@netomx see lowendtalk.com/discussion/11567/need-uk-lowendspirit-com-vps-for-testing-asterisk-voip-server#latest

I didn't need a VPS - as I already got 4, 1 in use, 1 idle, 2 powered off. I wanted to setup a VOIP server on Lowendspirit as it was going to be a challenge with NAT IPv4 and post it as a tutorial. I am already running it on a normal VPS and it runs fine. @Nyr, not sure why he got butthurt from my request, decided to post a load of shit in the thread.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@asterisk14 hey, relax. Stop stalking me and go out with a friend, get some fresh air or something like that.

Or well, do whatever you want.