Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to sell a Kimsufi Server ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Possible to sell a Kimsufi Server ?

I recently purchased an additional basic Kimsufi server and paid the setup fee. As it turns out I'm not going to use it for a project so will probably let it lapse.

Is there any value in this to someone as they are hard to purchase (usually sold out) and the setup fee has already been paid ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Not really, they don't transfer services and not alot of people will buy the whole account.

• Only sell the let members you trust. And tell me what you have, PM is fine.

• Well, I can take the whole account if you have only one server. Else you really cant sell a kimsufi.

• depending specifications, I may get interested

• Don't pay the bill and just let it go back to the deployment queue. I swear, some of this selling active services stuff is getting ridiculous like reselling BuyVM reseller hosting account.

I'm about to go to dinner. Anybody want to bid on my leftovers?

• doughmanes said: Don't pay the bill and just let it go back to the deployment queue.

Some hosts get pissy if you do that. What happens if you just cancel with immediate effect? I've done that with active BuyVM services and been credited. They don't refund but you can use the credit on other services.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited January 2017

@willie said:
    Some hosts get pissy if you do that. What happens if you just cancel with immediate effect? I've done that with active BuyVM services and been credited. They don't refund but you can use the credit on other services.

I believe kimsufi does not offer a cancel option nor will they refund you any credit. You keep the server until it expires, and they will give you some grace period before putting it back to pool. And this is the standard cancellation process of kimsufi servers.

• Oh I got confused, there's another thread about someone trying to sell a Buyshared plan and I got them mixed up. Yeah you cancel Kimsufi by just not renewing, and hope you got your money's worth from the setup fee while you were using it.

• Thanks for the replies.

For those who have asked, here is the spec.
    It is a KS-1
    Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800 @ 1.86GHz
    2GB RAM
    500GB Hard Drive

Thanked by 1ben1991
  • AM1AM1 Member

I don't believe someone will purchase it now. is it just one server?

• Yes, just the one server.

• WSSWSS Member

Use it as a nameserver.