Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your deliverability with Amazon SES?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your deliverability with Amazon SES?

I am moving to Amazon SES from Sendgrid (because it's cheap as hell) and I am interested to know if it's worth it.

Thank you.

Comments

• I was using sendgrid for my private clients but recently sendgrid to yahoo is blocked not an single message is going in (Note : these all are transactional mail nothing marketing)

But SES will deliver most email and will not get blocked for an single provider as far as my exp goes as they have some amazing way of keeping everything sane

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Amazon SES works great for us, no deliverability issues, and it's quite cheap... been on Sendgrid before, but they often had blacklisted IPs issues.

I think you'll be pleased with SES moving forward.

• @HBAndrei said:

Ok your are the guy who runs and owns hetrixtools.com if so great job buddy I'm using you site its been an breeze to tract IP blacklisting if you need a hand in future ping me

its great thanks for giving an free tier i guess

Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@simonindia said:

@HBAndrei said:

Ok your are the guy who runs and owns hetrixtools.com if so great job buddy I'm using you site its been an breeze to tract IP blacklisting if you need a hand in future ping me

its great thanks for giving an free tier i guess

You're very welcome, mate. Thanks for the kind words, really glad you're enjoying the service.

• @simonindia said:
    I was using sendgrid for my private clients but recently sendgrid to yahoo is blocked not an single message is going in (Note : these all are transactional mail nothing marketing)

But SES will deliver most email and will not get blocked for an single provider as far as my exp goes as they have some amazing way of keeping everything sane
    @HBAndrei said:
    Amazon SES works great for us, no deliverability issues, and it's quite cheap... been on Sendgrid before, but they often had blacklisted IPs issues.

The only problem with amazon ses is that it forces me to send only a limited number of emails in a second. I can send as much as I want with sendgrid.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@drdrake said:

@simonindia said:
    I was using sendgrid for my private clients but recently sendgrid to yahoo is blocked not an single message is going in (Note : these all are transactional mail nothing marketing)

@HBAndrei said:

The only problem with amazon ses is that it forces me to send only a limited number of emails in a second. I can send as much as I want with sendgrid.

There is throothling too with sendgrid. You can request to upgrade the hourly rate with AWS via support.

• I got blasted pretty bad this week by Sendgrid spam campaigns that scrape from WHOIS. Luckily they respond in under 24 hours with usually kicking that person off SG.

• @davidgestiondbi said:

@drdrake said:

@simonindia said:

@HBAndrei said:

There is throothling too with sendgrid. You can request to upgrade the hourly rate with AWS via support.

Yeah but if i have configured many apps with amazon, maybe a few apps will not be able to send emails at a specific time because the limit could be used by the marketing application.

• Anyone else?