Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 5 days experience with Hivelocity.net & SparkNode.com "ordering" team.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My 5 days experience with Hivelocity.net & SparkNode.com "ordering" team.

rsharpyrsharpy Member
edited January 2017 in Reviews

This is my story for making orders on Hivelocity.net & SparkNode.com. If you make orders from them their system will first call you thief and fraud and then you will get lot of time wasted to get your servers up by arguing with their support.

I needed a dedicated server and 3-4 VPS servers recently for hosting up my business.

So, I made an order with Hivelocity.net for a good dedicated server. To my surprise, even when I did not use VPN, they marked my order Fraud and I had to wait 12 hours for their sales support to come online as they sleep while Indians work in their offices. No problem. I woke up whole midnight to talk with one sales person and got my server approved and I loved the way the server worked. The server is really awesome and its still working.

Problem: Please note that I needed dedicated server instantly and so I ordered one of their pre-configured servers which they claim that will be up in no time. But, their stupid tight MaxMind security proved all purpose of "Instant" wrong here. I have seen people using MaxMind on many websites, but I have never been told by MaxMind that you are a fraud as I am ordering from my country IP and adding every detail perfect. I am no fraud. Anyways, MaxMind Software called me fraud and it was not their staff, so let it go and move on. But, please understand my frustration here.

I was told by the same staff person that I can also order 3-4 VPS servers from their sister site SparkNode.com and they will help it out. I told that I am really tired as its night here and I will do it tomorrow.

But, instead of next day, I made order after 2 days on SparkNode.com too and all 4 of my "instant" VPS orders went into Fraud. Really? Am I a fraud. Anyways, I can live with it as again MaxMind Software called me a fraud. But, when I contacted support again they told me that "Sales" staff is still sleeping and I need to wake up again at midnight to get my order processed again and I should have some patience as most of the times, sales support responds in 2 hours to make it processed. But, for 12 hours no one called me on phone and I got no email from SparkNode.com staff. So, I had to wake up again at midnight to get this resolved.

Anyways, I got my server and it is also as awesome as I wanted.

Now, the real story begins. As I needed 2 more VPS servers, I made one more order to try it first and guess what MaxMind marked it fraud again and like every time this time also I went to their 24/7/365 chat system and I was told again that I will have to wake up at midnight again to get this processed. Really? Are these tech support people not humans? They cannot see that I have account and services ordered already from them and I am already paying for them?

I am moving from Upcloud.com and I have lot of servers their. But, these so called Hivelocity.net and SparkNode.com have wasted enough of my time and made my life hell. I have to work and they do not let me work.

In the end moral of the story: They will trust their MaxMind Software more than real money paying customers. And, they do not care about customers' time being wasted in all this.

So, I looked into the mirror just now and thought "Am I stupid?" I am paying them and they do not want sell?

It could have taken me just 4-5 hours normally for any other host to move on as I have all movement scripts ready and I can jump between hosts and servers as I also use CloudFlare business versions and I do not have to worry about changing IP addresses.

So, should I still tolerate these guys? Normally, I am a very calm person and I hate to abuse.

Please anyone has a suggestion for a good one who can beat the performance of Hivelocity.net dedicated and VPS servers? I need turbo boost CPUs with pure SSD drives with around 32GB RAM.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

If you think two days is an abnormal time to wait, graduate to OVH. That's the game you are stuck playing..

Thanked by 1GCat
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Ordering through a VPN then getting marked as fraud by MaxMind is totally normal. It is also normal for billing departments to only be open in during normal business hours.

If you need a server right that second with dedicated resources then you should by from a provider that also does hourly billing like packet.net or Amazon.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@trewq said:
    Ordering through a VPN then getting marked as fraud by MaxMind is totally normal. It is also normal for billing departments to only be open in during normal business hours.

If you need a server right that second with dedicated resources then you should by from a provider that also does hourly billing like packet.net or Amazon.

Please read my post carefully:
    "To my surprise, even when I did not use VPN, they marked my order Fraud and I had to wait 12 hours for their sales support to come online as they sleep while Indians work in their offices."

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@WSS said:
    If you think two days is an abnormal time to wait, graduate to OVH. That's the game you are stuck playing..

OVH does not claim 24/7/365 support and they are not online sitting there chating with us. Hivelocity.net and SparkNode.com are online all the time and they cannot approve it because they are tech support and sales support is sleeping. But, at least tech support can check that if its an existing customer, then they should approve it right away?

I believe every cloud provider checks account fraud just one time. Like Vultr, DigitalOcean and so on. Do they check for every order? No. Whats the point of checking every VPS order for a particular account which is already approved and is already paying you?

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

"To my surprise, even when I did not use VPN, they marked my order Fraud and I had to wait 12 hours for their sales support to come online as they sleep while Indians work in their offices."

Might just be because you're in India. Very high fraud rate.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@trewq said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

Yes, but:
    "I believe every cloud provider checks account fraud just one time. Like Vultr, DigitalOcean and so on. Do they check for every order? No. Whats the point of checking every VPS order for a particular account which is already approved and is already paying you?"

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

Yes, but:
    "I believe every cloud provider checks account fraud just one time. Like Vultr, DigitalOcean and so on. Do they check for every order? No. Whats the point of checking every VPS order for a particular account which is already approved and is already paying you?"

The ones you listed are hourly based, they have a different billing method.

Normally fraud detection is done on an order basis. What if someone hacks your account an orders with a stored credit card for example?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@trewq said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

Yes, but:

The ones you listed are hourly based, they have a different billing method.

Normally fraud detection is done on an order basis. What if someone hacks your account an orders with a stored credit card for example?

No my friend. I do not think that anyone other than these guys has so tight security for ordering. An approved account's order is called premium support. And, I should get my premium support. I should get my servers whenever I want because its crucial the way we work. What if you do not have even 5 minutes to waste and you need to test an app on a new server and separate OS right away? See, I have left everything and I am still waiting for the server to be online so that can start working on my today's checklist. Should I now wake up at midnight again to get my order processed?

And, if they seriously have to check every order manually even for the existing customers then this falls under their so called 24/7/365 policy for which I should get prompt support and they should not sleep for half of the world? OR otherwise they should write on their website that: "Asian customers, please beware! We are sleeping right now and we will process your order after YOUR midnight (Only when you contact us at midnight, we will not contact you) so prepare your checklists accordingly." Funny.

If you need them straight away, at random, your expectations are too high. Have you actually communicated with them that this is what you need or have you looked for other solutions?

If it's just for testing as you say then perhaps Amazon spot instances would be a better fit?

• i believe you live in asia time, go for budgetvm.com, they have what you want, chat live is also available during day time in asia.

• yeah i hate maxmind too use real info still marked fraud . lol

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Problem is billing is not it says support 24/7. Also you should have asked why you keep getting marked as fraud when you have active services already. So approving ones order falls to billing.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Problem is billing is not it says support 24/7. Also you should have asked why you keep getting marked as fraud when you have active services already. So approving ones order falls to billing.

I think MaxMind does that already if properly configured. But, they have a very bad config on their orders and they do not admit it. :D

But, trust me: Their servers are awesome. I cannot stop myself saying that. Just tried Packet.net 2A with 96 CPU Cores and 128GB RAM with SSD and its a big lie.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

I a> @mgilang said:

i believe you live in asia time, go for budgetvm.com, they have what you want, chat live is also available during day time in asia.

I am going to try for sure. Seems interesting.
    But, are they from China?

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited January 2017

rsharpy said: To my surprise, even when I did not use VPN, they marked my order Fraud and I had to wait 12 hours for their sales support to come online as they sleep while Indians work in their offices."

Happens with BuyVM when a homeowner's association ISP triggers Aldryic because Maxmind is wrong and the average person doesn't know why their HOA Internet is geolocating half way across the state.

rsharpy said: I am going to try for sure. Seems interesting. But, are they from China?

BudgetVM is US based with predominantly US staff.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

I talked to budgetvm.com. They say that if my order is marked Fraud, they will not be to do anything. I will have to wait till Monday to get a reply from sales because sales is available Mon-Fri and for that too I will have to wake up at midnight. :D

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

@rsharpy said:
    I talked to budgetvm.com. They say that if my order is marked Fraud, they will not be to do anything. I will have to wait till Monday to get a reply from sales because sales is available Mon-Fri and for that too I will have to wake up at midnight. :D

If you are getting marked as a fraud on every single site then there is something wrong with you or your ISP (Blacklisted IP's). India is a high fraud risk zone but still not that risky to mark your ever order as fraud.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

adxn said: there is something wrong with you

Yes, I am a fraud. :D

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rsharpy said:

he is trying to help you, but I get it if you don't care and just want to rant publicly every time you place an order with someone ;-).

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@Clouvider said:

@rsharpy said:

he is trying to help you, but I get it if you don't care and just want to rant publicly every time you place an order with someone ;-).

He is saying the same thing which I already know and I already mentioned everywhere. So, what I replied was just for fun and I see nothing offensive in that. Did you notice that smiley?

I am just banging my head with a wall with this MaxMind Fraud check.
    Anyways, its nothing harm you have done. Its my own fault. On this beautiful shiny winter day I am just chating on forums and all that which I have never done before.

But, MaxMind is marking me Fraud everywhere Mr. Clouvider. Is it my fault? Stand on my place and see what I am facing. I am paying and spending money and I am not getting a single ride for any server. Because I am a fraud. Proven by Mr. MaxMind. Please kill me. I am a fraud.

If you cannot help and tell me a better provider, please, I BEG YOU, can you stay away?

@rsharpy said:

@Clouvider said:

@rsharpy said:

He is saying the same thing which I already know and I already mentioned everywhere. So, what I replied was just for fun and I see nothing offensive in that. Did you notice that smiley?

I am just banging my head with a wall with this MaxMind Fraud check.
    Anyways, its nothing harm you have done. Its my own fault. On this beautiful shiny winter day I am just chating on forums and all that which I have never done before.

But, MaxMind is marking me Fraud everywhere Mr. Clouvider. Is it my fault? Stand on my place and see what I am facing. I am paying and spending money and I am not getting a single ride for any server. Because I am a fraud. Proven by Mr. MaxMind. Please kill me. I am a fraud.

If you cannot help and tell me a better provider, please, I BEG YOU, can you stay away?

What do you want from us? You've got nothing to complain about, you're receiving your services and we've given you many options and explanation.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@trewq said:
    What do you want from us? You've got nothing to complain about, you're receiving your services and we've given you many options and explanation.

I have flagged this. No more comments please. I am done. Yes, you people helped me with so many providers. I can clearly see this on your comments. My mistake that I am mad and stupid.

• @trewq said:

Uhm, I'm from India too and I've ordered around 10-15 services in the last 2-3 months, and never got marked as fraud for a single one.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

You can try us for VPS. May need some ID verification for first order though.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@advarisk said:

@trewq said:

Uhm, I'm from India too and I've ordered around 10-15 services in the last 2-3 months, and never got marked as fraud for a single one.

At last.
    Hey bro!

Yes, this did not happen to me also even once earlier. May be this is Hivelocity.net and SparkNode.com as they are sister sites from same companies. So, may be budgetvm.com staff was right when he said that please try and order should get through as MaxMind should accept it.

May be just Hivelocity.net and SparkNode.com are having special MaxMind config like I told in my first port?

Need to try other providers too. MaxMind never marked me spam OR fraud. I am a frequent buyer.

OR is it do something with Airtel 4G IP addresses? Seems like as Airtel and Jio gave 4G to be tried for some many months for free. Many IP addresses got blocked because of stupidity of people. Just guessing. :D

• Contact maxmind (https://support.maxmind.com/contact-us/) and tell them the sutiation, asking them politely maybe to remove your ip from fraud list?

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@jvnadr said:
    Contact maxmind (https://support.maxmind.com/contact-us/) and tell them the sutiation, asking them politely maybe to remove your ip from fraud list?

I am on 4G and IPs change. My last IP was changed 7 days ago. I keep recharging my 4G with 5GB every time and keep using.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

But, still cannot find (cannot be sure of) and providers with SSD drive speeds as Hivelocity.net. They are just awesome.

This is the result of hdparm.
    /dev/sda5:
    Timing cached reads: 29874 MB in 1.99 seconds = 15029.21 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 394 MB in 3.00 seconds = 131.31 MB/sec

This is when I a lot of PHP scripts are doing their job on the server.

When it was vanilla it gave me 18000 MB/sec and 500 MB/sec which is awesome.
    Can someone tell me a dedicated hosting which can beat this?
    Because for my heavy MySQL DB, SSD and RAM are most important.
    And, a Xeon CPU will be great.

Saw inmotionhosting.com dedicated server which they say: 98k MB /sec read/write and its quite awesome.
    Samsung SSD IOPS:
    94k-98k read
    88k-90k write

I want their Commercial class 1000 dedicated server which they said final price is $419 per month (paid monthly), and $319 per month (paid yearly).
    I offered them $325 per month (paid monthly), but they said NO. :D

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

Ok, I tried it by resetting my IP address. Had to reset my phone network. Airtel 4G IP starts with 223. And, Airtel 3G IP starts with 106. Never had MaxMind issues with IPs starting with 106.

My new order went to fraud again.
    But, YES now I can confirm that this is NOT MaxMind issue. This is just Hivelocity issue. They are not processing any order automatically. They are manually approving it ONLY when we contact them in working hours (midnight here). I am so damn sure about it. So, there "Instant" VPS servers and dedicated servers is a lie.

To confirm, I am trying to open an account with my name and my personal email. For now I used my name and company's email.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

Ok, tested to create a new account with my personal email address and now I can confirm that their system is falsely marking every order fraud.

So, I am pretty and damn sure that this is now country based. As I am selecting country India on checkout, they are just marking it fraud. Also, I am sure that on MaxMind's country config they are just blocking India while other hosting companies block by IP addresses and let MaxMind decide. They are not letting MaxMind decide they have just put static config to block India.

Thanks Hivelocity for this. I have no choice but to be an owl today also as I have to come to you at midnight today and all other days when I need to order from you. Please do something and if you still do not solve this issue then I do not know what to say. You are awesome!!!

This discussion has been closed.