Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FlipHost / Query Foundry declares bankruptcy; need West Coast VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FlipHost / Query Foundry declares bankruptcy; need West Coast VPS

need 2G vps with SSDs in Los Angeles or West Coast, quickly

Too bad they are done, when Fliphost started they were quite competent and the hardware was industry-leading for lowend vps.

FlipHost / Query Foundry

You are receiving this letter because you have one or more services hosted in one of our datacenters.

The purpose of this letter is to notify you that Query Foundry Pty Ltd will be ceasing its operations on 31st January, 2017.

Unfortunately, rapidly declining revenue and market share in recent months have made it all but impossible to uphold our obligations to creditors and suppliers. The recent outages ended up being the final nail in the coffin.

We have been left with no choice but to declare bankruptcy and proceed to liquidation.

This means that all customer services with critical data in them that are hosted in our systems need to be migrated away by the 31st at the latest.

While we will make reasonable efforts to keep our systems online past this for the sake of migration, please note that we are unable to make any guarantees.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

If seattle works I can set you up right away at Impact VPS.

I started Fliphost originally before selling it to Query Foundry. If you liked what I offered early on at Fliphost, I think you will be more than happy with us.

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

What's your budget for this? We would love to be able to offer you a new home on our KVM VPS line in Los Angeles.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    • 2048MB Dedicated RAM
    • 1x vCPU
    • 40GB HDD space (RAID10 SSD)
    • 3TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable
    • 1Gbps uplink
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x IPV6
    • Free DNS Hosting + IPV4 rdns Management
    • 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • KVM/Promox
    • $6/month - Coupon : KVM2
    • Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=27)
  • Budget: with dediserve and leaseweb, other servers with similar/same specs, I pay an average of $7-8/month.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@hico I have sent you a pm.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

PM me with your specific requirement to get a custom quote :)

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

@hico said:
    Budget: with dediserve and leaseweb, other servers with similar/same specs, I pay an average of $7-8/month.

I'll go ahead and throw down our KVM2G offer for you.

30GB RAID10 SSD Storage
    2GB DDR4 RAM
    1 E3 core @ 3.5GHz (Fair share)
    1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IP & 1 IPv6
    20Gbps DDoS protection

$7 per month. Let me know if this interests you.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

Dallas is ok?

I can do our $5 1 GB RAM with 2 GB RAM for $7.

2 GB RAM
    20 GB RAID SSD
    1 TB Bandwidth
    1 IPv4
    Xen HVM

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

We have some nice KVM's available in LA.

2GB DDR3 RAM
    50GB SSD Cached RAID10 Disk Space
    3TB Bandwidth
    2 IPv4 addresses
    5 IPv6 addresses
    1Gbps Port
    Basic DDoS Protection
    Los Angeles

$7.00/month - Promo Code: DZ3J9W7XJO

• I need a place for my Storage50 server. I am willing to cut the amount of storage but I still need to keep 100Mbps, unmetered or more than 10TB bandwidth. Yearly billing, less than $30yr.

Considering VPSCheap.net but I will hold off until I get a chance to shop around.

• not trying to be a downer, but for me these closing shops is happening too often. Too much time and energy is spent trying to find a budget host, while vultr/linode/DO/lightsail/etc all provide good services for a reasonable price. I wish I could be supporting the little shops, but can't do it any more :(

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @AdamM said:
    not trying to be a downer, but for me these closing shops is happening too often. Too much time and energy is spent trying to find a budget host, while vultr/linode/DO/lightsail/etc all provide good services for a reasonable price. I wish I could be supporting the little shops, but can't do it any more :(

I have to agree, this has happened twice in two years and I am tired of this. I may try Linode for the first time. My time with DO was very good, not a single hiccup.

• Actually my experience with Fliphost was actually quite good. The value was certainly there for the 2 years I used them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AdamM said: Too much time and energy is spent trying to find a budget host, while vultr/linode/DO/lightsail/etc all provide good services for a reasonable price. I wish I could be supporting the little shops, but can't do it any more :(

I never understand the desire to find super cheap vps for anything producing revenue. Of course we all want to pay as little as possible per server to feed our idling addiction, but that's just looking for value.

Vultr/DO/etc also don't have anything remotely competitive with LET dedis and storage plans. For small random VPS I guess they are ok.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2017

Get a slice.

<_<

Francisco

Thanked by 1Houston_Datum
  • Francisco said:

Get a slice.

That too :).

• WSSWSS Member

Only if it's not Pizza Hut.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@AdamM said:
    not trying to be a downer, but for me these closing shops is happening too often. Too much time and energy is spent trying to find a budget host, while vultr/linode/DO/lightsail/etc all provide good services for a reasonable price. I wish I could be supporting the little shops, but can't do it any more :(

Honestly, the solution to this is to pay slightly more to a LET host. You'll still get more bang-for-your-buck than at DO and friends, but at a reasonable sustainable price point. The shops that fold up are almost always those with unsustainably cheap offers, taking part in the race to the bottom.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • Hi,

Are you okay with OVZ or are you looking for KVM? If OVZ, we recently made a pretty sweet 2GB SSD offer, link below.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/103602/enjoy-this-la-ssd-2gb-vps-14-99-yr-with-your-monday-coffee

Roilan

• I had to make a decision quickly so I ended up going back to my first VPS provider: Hostigation.
    I signed up at Linode, they immediately dinged my credit card for $20, then wrote back and said that they need a scanned copy of my credit card, etc. Too much of a hassle, good luck to them. I guess my IP in Asia was cause for alarm.
    I'm all set now, thanks for the PMs and offers.

Thanked by 1yomero