Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Question

So SpeedyKVM got me all setup with the nested virtualization and now I am trying to troubleshoot another problem. I got all migrated and everything is working great with the exception of when I issue the command to reboot. The machine reboots but never comes up (not pingable). So I look in the VNC console to see it is hung with a bunch of lines that look like this:

[ 1515.329339] [] kernel_init+0xe/0x130
[ 1515.329339] [] ret_from_fork+0x58/0x90

The strange part is if I use the solos panel to reboot it boots up with no issue. This only happens if I reboot or shutdown -r now from the command line.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide :-)

Paul

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

It's a kernel panic. Reboot from the console and scroll up to see why it's complaining. Some "shutdown" procedures basically kill it off, which would ignore this after a timeout.

• rooterrooter Member
    edited January 2017

@WSS said:
    It's a kernel panic. Reboot from the console and scroll up to see why it's complaining. Some "shutdown" procedures basically kill it off, which would ignore this after a timeout.

Ok, thanks for the tip!

I rebooted from the console and the last two messages before the kernel panic are:

blk-mq: CPU -> queue map CPU 0 -> Queue 0

Then it hangs there for a couple minutes before giving the messages in the first post:
    [ 1515.329339] [] kernel_init+0xe/0x130 [ 1515.329339] [] ret_from_fork+0x58/0x90

Any ideas or is a reinstall in order?

I am hoping not because I just finished migrating and setting up :-(

• WSSWSS Member

Uhm.. anything else? Like "Kernel Panic - init" or something?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

And if you use another command like "reboot" or "init 6" do you have the same issue ?