Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    Renting out my €6,99/m Online.net box
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    Renting out my €6,99/m Online.net box

    Hello, I ordered a few Atom C2750, 8GB RAM, 120 GB SSD, 1 Gbps from Online's winter sale. I forgot to cancel one of them so if anyone is interested in renting it, let me know.

    They have some nice panel distros like Seedbox(rutorrent), Plex+Seedbox and a few others. And of course Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora and so on.

    Download: 842.16 Mbit/s

    Upload: 463.62 Mbit/s

    €6,99/m (and you cover PayPal fees). My skype is included for OS installs.

    Comments

    • Aren't transfers possible?

    • I also have one of these but i was lucky enough to get the 160GB SSD with 230+ read/write XD i have to pay tax on mine which is sad.

      The servers are not transferable i already asked that question but they have something called outsourcing not sure what that is.

      [ www.PioHost.co.uk ] - [ Shared, VPS & Dedicated Server Hosting - UK ]

    • if any transfers possible, I would be interested. I missed the deal :(

      tutorials & rumblings on technology trends - nimidam.com

    • @piohost said:
      I also have one of these but i was lucky enough to get the 160GB SSD with 230+ read/write XD i have to pay tax on mine which is sad.

      The servers are not transferable i already asked that question but they have something called outsourcing not sure what that is.

      I also got a 160GB SSD, but keeping that for myself :p

      Would be no problem to transfer, but they don't allow it.

    • @wicked do you know what this outsourcing thing is? i originally though that was transferring

      [ www.PioHost.co.uk ] - [ Shared, VPS & Dedicated Server Hosting - UK ]

    • Outsourcing seems to mean they facilitate you getting paid help and support outside of what their own support system is willing to do for you. Basically if you want to hire a sysadmin they help you find one.

    • See when i went into the panel and clicked it, it mentions giving them another online net user login. Maybe this is a way that you can outsource to another user and give them control as a sys admin ? if so that would be great for wanting to lease the server.

      [ www.PioHost.co.uk ] - [ Shared, VPS & Dedicated Server Hosting - UK ]

    • BasilBasil Member, Provider
      edited January 2017

      Outsourcing moves control of the server to another account, disabling access for you, however you continue to pay the bill, it'll look like this in the account that it has been outsourced to:

      Be warned, if the outsourced user installs a paid OS (windows etc) or buys failover IP addresses, they'll bill the server owner directly.

      Thanked by 1mehargags
    • Keep in mind that outsourcing means the other party can install stuff like windows server on it, increasing the original owner's bill.

      Thanked by 1netomx

      I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

    • jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited January 2017

      DO NOT outsource online.net's server to third party. They will have full access to the server (aka, doing whatever they want with it, even spamming etc.) and you will get the blame. And the worse, if they install even for a minute a windows template there, or a Cpanel server, the person that will be charged automatically for, is you for the whole remaining month.
      Outsource is only for giving access to the tech guy of your company, that has to maintain the server but you do not want him to have access to other services or your billing/account info.

      Thanked by 1doughmanes

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • @WalrusBug said:
      Be warned, if the outsourced user installs a paid OS (windows etc) or buys failover IP addresses, they'll bill the server owner directly.

      @teamacc said:
      Keep in mind that outsourcing means the other party can install stuff like windows server on it, increasing the original owner's bill.

      @jvnadr said:
      if they install even for a minute a windows template there, or a Cpanel server, the person that will be charged automatically for, is you for the whole remaining month.

      Btw, I wanna warn everyone that if you outsource your server then that person can install windows, cpanel or buy additional IPs and you will be charged for it. Don't tell I didn't warn you, ok.

    • @WalrusBug said: Be warned, if the outsourced user installs a paid OS (windows etc) or buys failover IP addresses, they'll bill the server owner directly.

      @teamacc said: Keep in mind that outsourcing means the other party can install stuff like windows server on it, increasing the original owner's bill.

      @jvnadr said: if they install even for a minute a windows template there, or a Cpanel server, the person that will be charged automatically for, is you for the whole remaining month.

      @Yura said: Btw, I wanna warn everyone that if you outsource your server then that person can install windows, cpanel or buy additional IPs and you will be charged for it. Don't tell I didn't warn you, ok.

      Just to make sure nobody missed it.

      Thanked by 1Yura
    • I also got this Dedibox so if anybody is interested in please send a PM.

    • @tronyx said:
      I also got this Dedibox so if anybody is interested in please send a PM.

      With Ssd or Hdd? If it is a Hdd sure.

      Developer/Linux expert here. Need help with your project? PM me!

    • @ewrek said:

      @tronyx said:
      I also got this Dedibox so if anybody is interested in please send a PM.

      With Ssd or Hdd? If it is a Hdd sure.

      It is SSD.

      Thanked by 1ewrek
    • With the bigger servers the SSD's sell out fastest. With the Atoms everyone wants the HDD's. Heh.

      Thanked by 1netomx
    • WSSWSS Member
      edited January 2017

      @willie said:
      With the bigger servers the SSD's sell out fastest. With the Atoms everyone wants the HDD's. Heh.

      A NAMESERVER WITH TERABYTES OF STORAGE!

      (Here's mine):

      zroot/POOL/default 1.7T 615M 1.7T 0% /pool

      I won't be back until @bsdguy is released.

    • WSS said: A NAMESERVER WITH TERABYTES OF STORAGE!

      You need that to cache some requests to save bandwidth!

      Thanked by 1WSS

      don't buy what you don't need

    • BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
      edited January 2017

      No offense LET but, as an individual (not business), I feel like one has to be really brave to lease out your VPS/dedi to another LET member. You never know what weird habits a LET customer may indulge in when using a system registered in someone else's name.

      You can send your dogecoin "thanks" to: DNhnwKWR5vm8ddbWPpWfrpGR8atXH5ZFeP

    • BeardyUnixGuy said: I feel like one has to be really brave to lease out your VPS/dedi to another LET member. You never know what weird habits a LET customer may indulge in when using a system registered in someone else's name.

      Brave or... (what's the word beggining with an i, ends in t and comes from the greek language?)

      Thanked by 1Junkless

      • If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

    • @jvnadr said:
      Brave or... (what's the word beggining with an i, ends in t and comes from the greek language?)

      As Bobby would say .. "Idjit" ?

    • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

      BeardyUnixGuy said: You never know what weird habits a LET customer may indulge in

      oh we know

    • @hzr said:

      BeardyUnixGuy said: You never know what weird habits a LET customer may indulge in

      oh we know

      dsm5.org

      Thanked by 1WSS
    • I have one more to rent out if anyone is interested. This one has the 160 GB Intel SSD.

    • @Wicked said:
      I have one more to rent out if anyone is interested. This one has the 160 GB Intel SSD.

      I sent you a mp

    • ewrekewrek Member
      edited February 2017

      @victorchacon88 said:

      @Wicked said:
      I have one more to rent out if anyone is interested. This one has the 160 GB Intel SSD.

      I sent you a mp

      Developer/Linux expert here. Need help with your project? PM me!

    Sign In or Register to comment.