Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel server overload
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel server overload

ziditzidit Member

Hi,

My cPanel server have some problem. I am not sure why this problem occur after harddisk replacement (due to failing ssd drive). I will try to explain my situation.

Before harddisk replacement, server is just working fine without any problem. Server have around 900 cPanel users in 2 harddrive (120GB SSD and 1TB SATA) in 50% of user home data is in 120GB SSD and 50% the rest is in 1TB

Then before perform harddisk replacement (120GB SSD) for safety, I rearrange all account to 1TB SATA then replace failed 120GB

After replacement, server is performing badly. As long as server is running php with user (suphp, php-fpm, mod_ruid2), server load is going higher than 100 but it is working fine when switch to php run as nobody (cgi)

I suspect that the problem is all 900 cPanel users data are in 1TB which will cause this problem?

Will it work if I add another drive and rearrange 50-60% account of 1TB to new disk? or I need to upgrade CPU?

What is your recommendation?

Thank :)

Comments

• What is your cpu spec etc

• You need to be looking for what your bottleneck actually is, I don't understand why you went for two different types and sizes of disk though? Surely two SSDs in RAID 1 or two HDDs in RAID 1 would of been a better option?

• @piohost said:
    What is your cpu spec etc

E3-1240v3

• @WSCallum said:
    You need to be looking for what your bottleneck actually is, I don't understand why you went for two different types and sizes of disk though? Surely two SSDs in RAID 1 or two HDDs in RAID 1 would of been a better option?

Can setup RAID after live production server?

• @zidit said:

@WSCallum said:
    You need to be looking for what your bottleneck actually is, I don't understand why you went for two different types and sizes of disk though? Surely two SSDs in RAID 1 or two HDDs in RAID 1 would of been a better option?

Don't setup RAID on two different types and sizes of disks... it sounds like your HDD is the bottleneck, having two in RAID 1 will improve reads and redundancy but it isn't guaranteed to be enough, you might be better moving to pure SSD setup.

• @WSCallum said:

@zidit said:

@WSCallum said:

Don't setup RAID on two different types and sizes of disks... it sounds like your HDD is the bottleneck, having two in RAID 1 will improve reads and redundancy but it isn't guaranteed to be enough, you might be better moving to pure SSD setup.

Yes, I know. Need to add 2 identical size disk but can it be setup RAID on live server on existing data?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@zidit said:

@WSCallum said:

@zidit said:

@WSCallum said:

Yes, I know. Need to add 2 identical size disk but can it be setup RAID on live server on existing data?

With some longer or shorter downtime, yes.