Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable KVM cPanel VPS for production
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable KVM cPanel VPS for production

ServerServer Member
edited January 2017 in Requests

Hello,

I'm looking for a reliable VPS with the following specs stated below. There are some SSD offers but I'm looking for more storage space.

Minimum requirement:

KVM

CPU: 4 Cores

8GB RAM

300GB HDD (150GB if it's SSD)

3TB Transfer

2 x Dedicated IPv4

cPanel VPS license

Location does not matter, Preferably in the US West, i.e: LA

Budget: $40/Month.

Note: This will be a long term project and we are looking for a reputable provider that generally has a good record to work with.

Optional:

Internal WHMCS license (<$15)

Internal CloudLinux license (<$10)

Ability to scale Storage/Ram at affordable price.

Initial setting up as well as some assistance on request.

Kindly comment or drop me a PM if you've any deals that meet the requirement.

Thanks.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

cPanel is about $15 alone, so you want KVM with 2x IP's and 8GB Ram for $20, maybe someone will do it, but don't expect long term reliable or any sort of quality response when things go wrong.

You want production grade and reliable? pay for it, double your budget, you do not get to be a long term reputable provider by selling 8GB RAM and 2 IP's for $20 p/month and licenses cheaper than even the cheapest license sellers.

Hosts need to eat too..

• I highly doubt that's possible, not at this price range.

• just as a FYI, 8gb ram and the rest of the spec you mentioned here would cost £30 a month with us and that's without the CPanel licence, KVM is not cheap, also add £1.50 per ip a month works out expensive, as mentioned above for that price range your looking at OpenVZ or LXC range but you won't have dedicated resources then.

Wish you the best with finding a host.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

Here you go : https://contabo.com/?show=vps

I use them for personal dev work, and my own projects.

CPU: four cores Intel® Xeon® E5-2620v3 or E5-2630v4 processor
    12 GB RAM (guaranteed)
    300 GB disk space (100% SSD)
    100% SSD disk space
    1 additional IP
    Cpanel license
    22.98 € per month (~$25)

I've been with them for nearly a year now, and touch wood, it is all running good.

• As mentioned in PM, we can offer the VPS with cPanel for $29.95 per month in Los Angeles for you.

WHMCS is $8 extra per month.

Thanked by 1Server
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    cPanel is about $15 alone

Nope, can get it cheaper on an external license. Not to mention internal ones.

maybe someone will do it, but don't expect long term reliable or any sort of quality response when things go wrong.

There are already providers doing it, just looking for higher storage on HDD. Can't comment on the "reliability" as I'm not a customer and only time will tell. You are right though, for "production grade and reliable" I should definitely review the budget.

licenses cheaper than even the cheapest license sellers.

Because you are looking at External license. Anyway, I've got external CloudLinux license at that price. It's stated optional for a reason; If a host can't offer at that price, I will stay with my external license. No issue.

@bersy said:
    I highly doubt that's possible, not at this price range..

If you are talking about specifications, it is already available out there.

@piohost said:
    just as a FYI, 8gb ram and the rest of the spec you mentioned here would cost £30 a month with us and that's without the CPanel licence, KVM is not cheap, also add £1.50 per ip a month works out expensive, as mentioned above for that price range your looking at OpenVZ or LXC range but you won't have dedicated resources then.

Wish you the best with finding a host.

Thanks for the information and making me aware of your business price range.

Wish you luck with your business.

• bersybersy Member
    edited January 2017

Server said: If you are talking about specifications, it is already available out there.

I'm talking about your request in general, including realiable & production host's grade and cPanel license.

If specification is the only concern, you can easily get it from Scaleway for €10 + additional IP's cost, for example.

• @bersy said:
    I'm talking about your request in general, including realiable & production host's grade and cPanel license.

Yes, my request with cPanel license is already available.

• Server said: Yes, my request with cPanel license is already available.

Good for you.

• WSSWSS Member

"I want something that scales, is reliable, and I don't want to pay a cent more than virtually nothing. Also, I need CPanel."

Let me know how well that works out or you.

• ServerServer Member
    edited January 2017

@WSS said:
    "I want something that scales, is reliable, and I don't want to pay a cent more than virtually nothing. Also, I need CPanel."

'Virtually Nothing' - Where? Please let me know where did I mention that.

If that's what you are looking for, please start your own Request Thread. Who knows, you may just receive some offers.

Let me know how well that works out or you.

Nope, why should I? You are nothing more than a troll.

• in case you want something in UK you can check with @Infinity he has something at your price

Thanked by 2Server Infinity
  • WSSWSS Member

@Server said:

Thanks for your assertion; I'll ensure to do my best to not assist you in the future.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • WSSWSS Member

...then again you wouldn't pay for help anyhow.

• @WSS said:

@Server said:

Thanks for your assertion; I'll ensure to do my best to not assist you in the future.

Your 'assistance' was never needed.

@WSS said:
    ...then again you wouldn't pay for help anyhow.

That's indeed true for your case.

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

@Server said:
    Hello,

I'm looking for a reliable VPS with the following specs stated below. There are some SSD offers but I'm looking for more storage space.

What sort of assistance will you require after the initial setup?

• WSSWSS Member

@GM5 said:

@Server said:
    Hello,

What sort of assistance will you require after the initial setup?

Can you search or pennies that may have been dropped on the floor? Maybe he can afford to upgrade to unbranded next time.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

A slice would work perfect minus the 4 core requirement :(

Francisco

Thanked by 1Server
  • Please indicate what kind of initial setup assistance you will need. This isn't west US but we could probably help you out in Tampa, FL.

• Just to give you an idea, if you were paying for dedicated resources, high availability and a 99.9999% uptime SLA this setup on a 'real' provider which is good for production would likely run close to $200.00 per month. Also, any provider as such would likely provide free migration assistance with the service, but this would not include ongoing server management.

Now, if you just want some fair-share resources where maybe you get 99.99% uptime (and the extra 9's do make a difference in production), maybe you can find someone like 'Contabo' selling you non-dedicated, non-high availability resources for around what you expect, but I sure wouldn't be trusting my businesses production site/operations to such a provider and I would probably have a hot failover on another host in case the host goes down or the server node has issues or the sky falls...

If doing the extra leg work is worth it for you you may be able to buy several cheaper VPS services and setup some type of heartbeat and failover system and accomplish maybe 99.999% uptime, however, just paying for the dedicated resources and for a host that can really provide you a 99.9999% uptime will probably save you a lot of time and frustration in the long run.

If you are interested in some specific suggestions of real production ready hosts providing 99.9999% uptime SLA pm me and I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• The closest I can get to that is;

120GB SSD
    E3 cores
    cPanel/WHM/WHMCS included (if you want WHMCS?)
    4GB Ram
    £45/month ($58/month).

That's the closest I can get to your desired specifications.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

This is a case of wanting alot for alittle.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

Have you looked into OVH/SoYouStart/Kimsufi? They can offer a lot for a price range around this, I'll see if I can find any of their servers or cloud solutions that would fit your budget.

Hence why I suggested Contabo ... $25 for everything he wants ...

• @rsk said:

Whmcs/cpanel/vps for $25 explain more please.

• UltraVPSUltraVPS Member, Patron Provider

Hi @Server,

we can offer the following in Amsterdam, Duesseldorf, Dallas and Los Angeles:

Cloud Server 200

• 4 CPU Core
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 200 GB SSD storage
    • 1 IPv4 Address
    • 10 IPv6 Addresses
    • 5 TB Traffic per month
    • Contract Term: 1 month

We do not offer software licenses. We recommend to purchase a cPanel license from buycpanel.com or others.

29.00 EUR monthly including VAT (25.83 USD excluding VAT)

Order now

Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to drop us a mail at
    [email protected].

edited January 2017

@Jorbox said:

@rsk said:

Whmcs/cpanel/vps for $25 explain more please.

Contabo offers cpanel and the vps for $25. Thats what i meant.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We can do that for you.