Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net LT DEALS 1701.1 down 2 days, no update after a couple of hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net LT DEALS 1701.1 down 2 days, no update after a couple of hours

son87cson87c Member
edited January 2017 in General

Just post here to everyone know.
My dedi still down.
Look the timeline.

Let you clear, my Dedi freeze when i try to install new OS, install not completed.
I can not connect and do anything.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

I see:

• OP given machine in rescue mode.
    • OP asks host to install CentOS for him.
    • Host asks OP to follow through with initial FreeBSD installation first (huh?)
    • OP tells host FreeBSD does not complete initial installation.
    • OP pesters host about machine for rest of day.

Really, it's up to you to install your own OS. Without having access to it, I can't tell you if there's anything wrong, but standard FreeBSD/ZFS installations do tend to take a little while (except OVH, which does it amazingly quickly).

• Look the timeline guys, Who edit my title ?

• I submit ticket on:
    Ticket created on 2017-01-21 15:43:47, read on 2017-01-21 15:49:10

And now, still down:
    Ticket created on 2017-01-23 01:04:07, not read yet

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2017

Is the hardware down or your operating system? These are unmanaged servers, anthing short of hardware/network failure means the downtime is on you.

• @jarland said:
    Is the hardware down or your operating system? These are unmanaged servers, anthing short of hardware/network failure means the downtime is on you.

I try to install OS but Its stuck on step "Partitioning disk".

• If you send 7 more messages in the next 12 hours, your CentOS will be installed 100%.

• Debian, thx.

Thanked by 3yomero Unixfy doghouch
  • WSSWSS Member

Not knowing how to install the operating system does not a hardware failure make.

If you want to give me your login information (and it's still in rescue), I'd be happy to tell you if it's a hardware fault or if you are just a bonehead.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • The support staff at Online.net has a secret code word that will get your ticket moved to the top of the queue. It's fartmother. Use that word on your next ticket reply. Guaranteed to work every time.

Thanked by 2willie doghouch
  • @WSS said:
    Not knowing how to install the operating system does not a hardware failure make.

If you want to give me your login information (and it's still in rescue), I'd be happy to tell you if it's a hardware fault or if you are just a bonehead.

I sent login info via PM

I have another Dedibox Limited 13816 (sd-72424) on 2016-09-29 and its always online.

• son87c said:

I try to install OS but Its stuck on step "Partitioning disk".

I remember the whole procedure taking around 30 minutes. Don't know how much of that was partitioning. Keep waiting, or try again.

thagoat said:

The support staff at Online.net has a secret code word that will get your ticket moved to the top of the queue. It's fartmother.

https://www.xkcd.com/806/

Thanked by 1thagoat
  • Alternative title: "SHOCKING NEWS: Server still down after user breaks it and makes no attempt to fix it"

You admit in your ticket you have no idea what you're doing. /thread

• WSSWSS Member

This fucking stupid fucking blocking fucking cloudflare fucking shitpile shit fucking fuck.

Long story short, it's up and running Ubuntu waiting for you to do something with it.

Take over the IPMI console and feed it a CentOS ISO?

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • @thagoat said:
    The support staff at Online.net has a secret code word that will get your ticket moved to the top of the queue. It's fartmother. Use that word on your next ticket reply. Guaranteed to work every time.

lol, nice try.

• @WSS said:
    This fucking stupid fucking blocking fucking cloudflare fucking shitpile shit fucking fuck.

Long story short, it's up and running Ubuntu waiting for you to do something with it.

Take over the IPMI console and feed it a CentOS ISO?

I don't understand. Are you logging to rescue more ? What happen with my Dedi ?
    I just want install CentOS via Online.net cpanel.

• I have an idea of running a Q&A site where every question will be answered with xkcd comic.

I'm not exactly sure that end users would appreciate that but it still would be the best Level 1 support ever.

• WSSWSS Member

I logged into the machine, which is currently running ubuntu from a loop device, so I assume that's the rescue image.

I don't have an Online.Net account, so I have no idea how they handle reinstallations. I usually just login to the console and perform the reinstall myself (except when network issues or physical media is required).

• RizRiz Member

Julien is worthless.

• @Yura said:
    I have an idea of running a Q&A site where every question will be answered with xkcd comic.

I'm not exactly sure that end users would appreciate that but it still would be the best Level 1 support ever.

You could expand your service for a premium to also include http://xkcdsw.com/

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @teamacc said:

@Yura said:
    I have an idea of running a Q&A site where every question will be answered with xkcd comic.

Thank you. I can't give you the exact launch date but site will be open before SolusVM 2.0 release.

• @WSS said:
    I logged into the machine, which is currently running ubuntu from a loop device, so I assume that's the rescue image.

I don't have an Online.Net account, so I have no idea how they handle reinstallations. I usually just login to the console and perform the reinstall myself (except when network issues or physical media is required).

Onlinet.net cpanel is awesome. You can config RAID level, control partitioning.

But when i try install any OS its stuck on step "Partitioning disk".

And onlinet.net support no update what happen with my Dedi.

• WSSWSS Member

@Yura said:

@teamacc said:

@Yura said:

Thank you. I can't give you the exact launch date but site will be open before SolusVM 2.0 release.

You're going full steam ahead with VirXCD?

• @WSS said:

@Yura said:

@teamacc said:

@Yura said:

Nah, I'm forking LXC and creating LXKCD

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @WSS said:

To save everybody's trouble I decided to call it XCDonAPP from the start. Don't worry, it is completely open sourced like VirtKick and Lavabit but I need a small loan of $100000 from my FartFather or Kickstarter to really get the ball rolling.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @teamacc said:
    Nah, I'm forking LXC and creating LXKCD

Good luck mate, but that is soooo dec 2016... I suggest you look into something catchier, like KuberSwarmProxOvirtRocketSphere! Now that is going to make HN wet their undies.

• WSS, if you're logged into the rescue system, maybe you can check for disk problems (smartctl etc).

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    WSS, if you're logged into the rescue system, maybe you can check for disk problems (smartctl etc).

I checked, and the partitions were setup and it looked fine; it just wasn't done formatting. It's offline now, so I guess his unmanaged server is managing to get CentOS installed.

• WSSWSS Member

That said, some machines are really fucking picky these days. If you don't have a very basic MBR or GPT, they have fits. I won't tell you how many Atom based machines I've had that toss their cookies if you dare to try to use a BSD disklabel.

• son87cson87c Member
    edited January 2017

@WSS said:

@willie said:
    WSS, if you're logged into the rescue system, maybe you can check for disk problems (smartctl etc).

I checked, and the partitions were setup and it looked fine; it just wasn't done formatting. It's offline now, so I guess his unmanaged server is managing to get CentOS installed.

No luck, i try install CentOS via Online.net cpanel and its stuck again.

• @willie said:

I just sent login info to you via PM, can you help me check ?