Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEMP guides?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEMP guides?

DavidxDavidx Member
edited May 2013 in General

What are some decent LEMP guides?
for a bit I was using how-to forge..

but it seems out of date.. any good alternatives?

Comments

• MunMun Member
    edited May 2013
  • DavidxDavidx Member
    edited May 2013

@Mun
    If I recall correctly, Linode's nginx configuration methods aren't too good.

• MunMun Member

If I recall correctly, Linode's nginx configuration methods aren't too good.

What about them? Also what OS. I might be able to whip something up.

• edited May 2013

I'm working on a bash script for this, had a basic one that more or less was the Linode guide rolled into an easier to setup script that did a few extra things, but am working on something a bit different that's better and does more.

Of course, there are other better guides. I think Ministall (sp?) does Nginx. There's a ton of server setup scripts.

• ChanChan Member

If you're looking for a script, I've been using minstall for a while and so far I haven't had a single problem with it.

If you're looking for tutorials, I used to use Linode's Library before I discovered minstall and they do the job for me back then. I've just skimmed through DigitalOcean's but it seems a bit too basic for me, it doesn't for example talk about how to set up multiple sites on apache/nginx.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Minstall for ready made scripts.
    If you are using Debian.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Too lazy to dig it up right now but I've followed DigitalOcean's several times without issues.

• Doesn't Minstall handle this?

• For CentOS, DO's is good, but use the nginx and IUS repos for nginx and PHP/MySQL respectively.

• vanarpvanarp Member

I am a happy user of TuxLite script (https://github.com/Mins/TuxLite).