Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's the website's theme that makes me want to buy from providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's the website's theme that makes me want to buy from providers

skirtTightskirtTight Member
edited May 2013 in General

That's just me tho.

Does anyone else get this feeling too? I just fell in love with anynode.
This is why I haven't bought anything from bluevm, their website is simply a boner killer (no offense).

rootnerd's website is lovely too, 10/10 would buy.

Comments

• DStroutDStrout Member

That's definitely a part of the decision for me. If a provider doesn't want to bother investing in a good (and original) website, why should I expect them to be better in anything else. Your example of BlueVM is especially true.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I have to say, it's a large factor, even though it doesn't really matter in this sort of market.

• RalliasRallias Member

@skirtTight said: This is why I haven't bought anything from bluevm, their website is simply a boner killer (no offense).

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING. Nobody believes me tho.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I absolutely agree. I know there are a lot of people who will speak up to say that it's irrelevant to service quality, and certainly it's not a rule that it is or isn't relevant to it. What it absolutely communicates is their commitment and confidence in their product. There are a lot of ways in which this is beneficial to the client.

It can communicate passion for what they do, which tells you right away whether this was a last minute weekend project "company" or something they spent time thinking about. It can tell you that they care about marketing, and a company that is growing is a company that you will feel more confident in hosting your services with.

• I think BlueVM's theme is okay. It could be better but it's not BAD. There was even someone who wanted to buy it (for $25!!!) for their company because they liked it.

• rds100rds100 Member

If there is a nice lady with nice properties on the front page it makes me want to buy. And by properties i don't mean a headphone ;-)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rds100 said: If there is a nice lady with nice properties on the front page it makes me want to buy

Something about a woman in a pantsuit with a headset that just really says to me "We outsource to India."

Thought I was going a different direction with that didn't ya? :P

• That's not a big part of my decision, no. For me, I usually have a go with the test files, have a read of the TOS, review their past history on LEB/LET/other sites (if any), and if they have a SolusVM panel, I buy it. Their site isnt important to me, at all, except to the point that a known panel like WHCMS makes them trustworthy IMO. Theme is not at all important to me, though BlueVM's is rather an eyesore, and ServerDragon's a bit too bright for my eyes.

• VladorzVladorz Member

the website's theme makes a much bigger difference than i'd want to... but i just can't change this habit

• bigcatbigcat Member

And please do some customization to the template you got from ThemeForest, especially this one. I've seen at least 4 provider using the same template.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

It's the website's theme that makes me want to buy from providers.

Does anyone else get this feeling too?

No. But "About us" page can be deciding factor sometimes. And I don't mean copy paste from DC about superiror network quality, etc... and yada, yada.. about being leader in industry nonsenses but real, honest introduction. Legal Notice & Imprint is also bonus but that's usually more thing of EU hosts so not always deciding factor.

• IvanIvan Member

Website theme is also an important aspect. BlueVM's theme (to me) is not bad at all, it's decent, but not spectacular. Rootnerds is using a theme from Themeforest IIRC.
    Yep, it's this one.

Just pointing that out, not that their theme sucks or anything :P

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2013

Our new custom design is coming soon!

See here

Suggestions?

• @bigcat said: And please do some customization to the template you got from ThemeForest, especially this one. I've seen at least 4 provider using the same template.

Oh god, everyone uses this theme.

It's really annoying and says how dedicated the owners are.

• @Ishaq said: Our new custom design is coming soon!

• IvanIvan Member

@Ishaq nice, the colours seem a bit better now. Though you could maybe try a few different fonts and see if there's another font that would make it look a tad bit better.
    Also when we switch to a different tab (About OpenVZ, Operating Systems, Locations), the movement is a little bit sluggish/slow, so speeding it up to make it smooth would do to. :)

• vedranvedran Veteran

I couldn't care less about the site design, it's not like I randomly stumble upon a site and decide to buy something. If I'm there, design won't make me change my mind.

I might give up if I'm not able to find the information I need quickly, but that has nothing to do with (visual) design.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Ivan said: Also when we switch to a different tab (About OpenVZ, Operating Systems, Locations), the movement is a little bit sluggish/slow, so speeding it up to make it smooth would do to. :)

It's fast for me.

I'll look into it anyway.

• upfreakupfreak Member

@Ishaq said: Suggestions?

too bright... i would choose something like this instead
    http://www.zomex.com/demo/templates/whmcs/blue-blaze.php

• @peppr said: too bright... i would choose something like this instead

I'd say the opposite.

• IvanIvan Member

@Ishaq Well, I tried that thing again on Firefox and it's good, but on Chrome it's just sluggish, maybe it might be just a slight problem on my end or on Chrome entirely.

If I was to pick a favorite, I'm honestly impressed by @mnpeep's website, he clearly paid a lot to get it done:

http://maxshosting.com

• IvanIvan Member

Wow, Maxshosting has a really great theme :)

@Ivan said: Wow, Maxshosting has a really great theme :)

It's not a "theme", it's a hand crafted display of pixels, one of the best hosting site designs on the internet IHMO.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2013

It's nothing special or unique, but it's sleek!

You've got a standard font, mixed in with other stuff, take that big ass bold text off and chuck some ideas around then it would look better.

Edit: One thing I do love is the little characters, I take it back it's pretty good.
    http://maxshosting.com/Team/index.html

I'm viewing it from my phone.

• bigcatbigcat Member
    edited May 2013

@Ishaq said: Suggestions?

Bright blue + white = Contrast problem

• ChanChan Member

Linode
    BuyVM
    DigitalOcean
    Edis

They all used custom themes (at least for their main site) and IMO that really shows how much effort they're putting in for their business. Your main site's design is IMO one of most important thing you can differentiate yourself and summer hosts from.

Some other company's site I have to say is too generic and too common, and I get put off easily by the over-use of stock images and icons.

• seriesnseriesn Member

Designing a new site isn't a problem for me, finding contents to make it useful is what that kills me :S

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

@RobertClarke said: If I was to pick a favorite, I'm honestly impressed by @mnpeep's website, he clearly paid a lot to get it done:

http://maxshosting.com

Pretty good, though that comparison against other hosts on Shared+VPS page makes me laugh

@Patrick said: Pretty good, though that comparison against other hosts on Shared+VPS page makes me laugh

It's all marketing stuff lol.