Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Partner wanted for Server Hosting Business (part time)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Partner wanted for Server Hosting Business (part time)

underdiverunderdiver Member
edited May 2013 in General

I am starting a reseller hosting business and I need an experienced partner to head up our Marketing. A strong background in web marketing is needed, as well as experience in search engine optimization. As well, experience in the web hosting industry and with software such as WHMCS is a asset. You will:

Manage search engine optimization and site visibility
Promote our service on hosting forums
Manage and optimize website and software
Manage a Twitter and Facebook page
Drive traffic and customers to our site

You will work on a commission basis, a percentage of all profit made, payed monthly. As we expand, you will head our marketing department and hire new staff.
If applying, please include:

Name, Age
Amount of time you are available weekly
Your time zone
Your skills and qualifications (Resume if applicable)
A list of projects you have completed
Contact information
Why we should choose you over other applicants

If you possess other skills relevant to the industry, and are interested in partnership, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Please apply via private message.

Comments

• SpencerSpencer Member

www.hackforums.net may be a better place to ask

• blackblack Member

It doesn't sound like a partnership, more like an employee, especially if it's commission based.

• BrandonBrandon Member

You're asking them to do pretty much everything?

• marcmmarcm Member

@underdiver - How much is this paying?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@marcm said: @underdiver - How much is this paying?

I'm assuming if he said, partner, probably expecting to split profits... and cost.

• @marcm said: How much is this paying?

Nothing, but you will need to send him $500 via Liberty Reserve.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@black said: It doesn't sound like a partnership, more like an employee, especially if it's commission based.

^ This... a partner would actually own a "part" of the business, if you're basically dictating what they do, and making it comission based... what do they own?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@herbyscrub said: Nothing, but you will need to send him $500 via Liberty Reserve.

Zing!

• marcmmarcm Member

@herbyscrub said: Nothing, but you will need to send him $500 via Liberty Reserve.

@herbyscrub - Let me guess: for some materials that I need to prepare for this imaginary job... Am I close?

• bobbybobby Member

@ shovenose robertclarke dominicl or cvps_* ?

• marcmmarcm Member

You partner up with this guy, send him money and then this happens...

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

• marcmmarcm Member

Who knows, maybe miracles to exist and this all good and genuine...

• I'd be careful if you are asking the age of a potential employee/partner -- that's a no no depending where you are.

• Does the job end in August?

• underdiverunderdiver Member
    edited May 2013

@Microlinux, no this is not a summer host.
    @jeff_lfcvps I only ask age to ensure I'm not wasting time communicating with some 13 year old wanting servers to run mine craft. As well, I cannot legally partner with someone under the age of 14.
    @marcm I will not ask a partner for any money off the bat, unless they want to contribute to domain names, software, ect.

This is 100% legitimate, tied to my real identity, and I am willing to give out more details to legitimately interested parties. As well, payment/partnership details are by no means set in stone, and I am quite willing to discuss and negotiate with legitimate queries.
    Hope that answered some of your concerns.
    Cheers,

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited May 2013

@underdiver - It would be helpful if you would tell us more about yourself, like your name, nationality, age, occupation, and so on. Maybe even provide a web site. Thank you.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited May 2013

A partner payed on a comission basis... You greedy cent youre not even starting the company and youre already thinking of how you can earn money using your partner? Good job.

• ATHKATHK Member

But but I am the Owner therefore I do nothing and get all the $$$$.

Kid logic.

• SoylentSoylent Member
    edited May 2013

You're asking someone to run the entire business for you, from marketing and sales to hiring employees. You're a reseller, so what are you doing, really? And you want to pay this person on commission. They're doing all the stuff that's actually hard. They should be running the business and paying you on commission.

You come off like a typical tech person who just thinks of marketing and HR and design as "all that other crap that anyone can do." Good luck with that. You'll get what you pay for.

• are you for real?

sounds like you're hiring instead of partnership.

gtfo.

• Fix cost:
    Manage search engine optimization and site visibility $25 / hour
    Promote our service on hosting forums $3 / post
    Manage and optimize website and software $65 / hour
    Manage a Twitter and Facebook page $3 /post
    Drive traffic and customers to our site $0.05 / lead

Commission based:
    Marketing 25% / sale

That's the minimum cost IMHO.

• @underdiver said: payed monthly

really?

• marcmmarcm Member

@underdiver - Seems like you're phishing in the wrong pond...

• if he gets one "partner" im looking for one too =)

also send me some liberty bla bla...

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited May 2013

@dedicados said: if he gets one "partner" im looking for one too =)

also send me some liberty bla bla...

@dedicados - I take $999.95 for the books, DVD, "Intro to Computers + Office 2010" manual + Shipping & Handling. Then you can be my "punter" err... my "partner" and I will pay you once a month a fair percentage of what I think it's a fair amount that I think I made and you will be happy and make no fuss about it. While you will be my "partner" you will in fact be treated like a "contractor", for tax purposes, you understand... But in the end you will be happy with the way I treat you and you promise (in writing) that you will not complain about it.

• Pure commission with a non-established company, that will dredge up the worst of the worst.

• @Brandon said: You're asking them to do pretty much everything?

• As well, I cannot legally partner with someone under the age of 14.

Canada? Ontario? You?

• If someone can manage the server, do the SEO, have time for Twitter and Facebook, head the marketing department and hire people. Then they should have $1500 for 2-3 months part-time jobs and open their own services.

As this person got enough intelligence, he does not even need to wait, be hired then have to do pretty much everything and only got "a percentage of all profit made".

LOL