Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nginx overtakes IIS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• +1 for nginx. After received 3 milions dollar from Series A funding, I was hoping nginx would beat Apache =)

• great news!

• The more I use nginx, the more i'm appreciating just how much extra performance I can squeeze out of a web server.

• @Joel said: The more I use nginx, the more i'm appreciating just how much extra performance I can squeeze out of a web server.

Exactly what I thought :)

• So Linux is now competing with itself ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

This was gona happen anyways, Windows servers are below par.

• +1 for Nginx. Apache sucks memory.

• Hmm... I wonder if the number includes web server that acts as a front-end for apache/IIS.

• @Infinity said: This was gona happen anyways, Windows servers are below par.

Hardly, Windows Server is great. and iis is quite fast too.

• I've been using nginx for about two years, apache and lighttpd just can't compete with it. It amazes me how just one person + community patches have made a web server that performs so much better than Apache. I wonder if Apache will ever catch up, or if they'll be in the same situation as Microsoft is with IE vs Chrome/Firefox, and slowly lose market share.