Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Web Acquires Web Hosting Firm WiredTree
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liquid Web Acquires Web Hosting Firm WiredTree

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Liquid Web has acquired Chicago-based web hosting provider WiredTree on Thursday. The terms of the deal were not disclosed.

WiredTree was founded in 2006, offering VPS, dedicated servers, hybrid servers, and load balancing clusters primarily to small and medium-sized businesses.

The acquisition of WiredTree comes shortly after Liquid Web acquired Rackspace’s Cloud Sites business unit. In December, the company brought on WordPress consultant Chris Lema as VP of products and innovations.

Source

Comments

• Old news. The posted it today but this been going on since August 2016.

• wow this is pretty funny. Wired Tree came about when some unhappy employees branched out of liquidweb and created their own venture. Now liquidweb bought them out.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mafidom said:
    wow this is pretty funny. Wired Tree came about when some unhappy employees branched out of liquidweb and created their own venture. Now liquidweb bought them out.

Really? I never knew that.

• Yep, Zac Cogswell is a former employee of LiquidWeb and he was the owner of Wired Tree.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Thats accurate.

• jhjh Member

Rackspace Cloud Sites was also created by Rackspace employees who left to create Mosso. Mosso was then acquired by Rackspace.

• No reason to not choose LiquidWeb now if one wants a managed solution that is :)

• WiredTree was my first VPS Provider! I also had a Hybrid Server with them later.

IIRC WiredTree founder worked for LiquidWeb before starting his own company so this interesting...