Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nodeserv Jacksonville Outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nodeserv Jacksonville Outage

Jacksonville data center network has been down for about 8 hours now. No response to tickets. Has anybody else heard from them yet?

You can ping the test IP here as well which shows they are down.
http://lg.nodeserv.com/

Comments

• I believe Jade has sold the company to Virpus (Cloud Equity Group), that could perhaps have something to do with this?

• He sold NS to them a while ago. While the first tickets with them were quite unpleasant and took a week to get stuff done, they did keep everything running without issues. What it teached me? Always pay monthly with PayPal so it's easier to file disputes in case a host fucks up. Tho gives them like at least a 48h period to fix and explain stuff. Shit does happen.

• Seems like their LG ip moved without changing the ip on the actual page. Pinging lg.nodeserv.com returns 23.239.66.254 as the ip. Entering that in the lg page gives it a ping of around 0.025 ms, definitely the same server as the lg one.

Now the question is why one would change lg ip without updating the actual lg page...

• Looks like they're in ServerComplete in Jacksonville. Pretty sure that SC isn't down though.

• Getting a bit more concerned now that maybe they just went out of business or whoever acquired them is just dropping accounts they don't see any value in. I have 13 OVZ servers hosted with them across a number of nodes in the Jacksonville Data Center and they are all still down. Zero response from support and the network status page appears to have not been used in a long time.

• @western592 said:
    Getting a bit more concerned now that maybe they just went out of business or whoever acquired them is just dropping accounts they don't see any value in. I have 13 OVZ servers hosted with them across a number of nodes in the Jacksonville Data Center and they are all still down. Zero response from support and the network status page appears to have not been used in a long time.

I don't think CEG who bought them have the best of reputations for their acquisitions to be frank.

• Looks like they are back up now. Need to re-evaluate.

• thagoatthagoat Member
    edited January 2017

uptime 22:02:54 up 536 days, 20:52, 1 user, load average: 0.31, 0.27, 0.14

• @thagoat said:
    uptime 22:02:54 up 536 days, 20:52, 1 user, load average: 0.31, 0.27, 0.14

Uptime is misleading if the network goes offline ;)

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited January 2017

I've got a server with ServerComplete. The Jax data center is GoRack. Connection just dropped and Atrato/Hibernia is dropping before it hits the DC.

• I just checked my logs as well (I have a VPS there with Nodeserv) and there was a network outage (though no downtime for the VPS).

The network dropped at roughly 1430 UTC (Jan 18th) and came back up at 0120 UTC (Jan 19th). Close to 11 hours of an outage. No idea why.

I do know that a network migration is due ("soon" - no idea how soon as I've been waiting for it to complete for close to 3 months now) after which the IO performance of the nodes should improve. IO has been horrible and inconsistent for me and I've given up using my VPS seriously until things stabilize.

• Appears to be fine in TO now, and from Chicago:

• @doughmanes said:
    I've got a server with ServerComplete. The Jax data center is GoRack. Connection just dropped and Atrato/Hibernia is dropping before it hits the DC.

If you have/had an issue, please be sure to open a ticket so it can be checked into. We have not had any network related issues/outages on our network in quite some time. While it is true some of our servers are colocated in GoRACK facilities, we also have our own facility in Jacksonville as well. We have our own independent network and several providers, including GoRACK, actually purchase IP transit from us.

Last night there was a scheduled Cogent maintenance (Cogent Work Order NC746-197) for firmware upgrades on their network which resulted in us proactively removing Cogent from our mix from roughly 10PM EST until 4:30AM EST. Our capacity with Hibernia, Hurricane Electric, and our peering partners were unaffected and there was no downtime resulting from this. In your MTR, the last hop visible is our edge device facing Hibernia. The remainder of our network utilizes RFC1918 for interconnects and/or filter ICMP to protect network infrastructure, and may not appear in traceroutes.

We would be very interested if you experienced an issue during this timeframe and any information you can provide to us would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• SC_Daniel said: If you have/had an issue, please be sure to open a ticket so it can be checked into.

2 drops for a small amount of time that impacted an idle service.

• Did nodeserv solved the problem for you?
    My server is down and didnt made backup, my ips not working.

• @goodserv - please see this thread (and my comment) there:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2109102/#Comment_2109102

Overall Nodeserv is undergoing some big transitions (due to an acquisition) and it appears that things aren't exactly dependable any more (they stopped being dependable once Jade move on/out).

They are responding to tickets but very slowly and it all seems to be a luck of the draw on what the specific situation for each one's VPS.

Hope this helps.

• goodservgoodserv Member
    edited March 2017

@nullnothere said:
    @goodserv - please see this thread (and my comment) there:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2109102/#Comment_2109102

Overall Nodeserv is undergoing some big transitions (due to an acquisition) and it appears that things aren't exactly dependable any more (they stopped being dependable once Jade move on/out).

They are responding to tickets but very slowly and it all seems to be a luck of the draw on what the specific situation for each one's VPS.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your answer.
    Hope my VPS will remain with full database so i can backup it.
    Even my account on SolusVM is blacklisted.