Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN is not connecting to the server. It's time-out.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN is not connecting to the server. It's time-out.

Hi,

my dns address: 46.227.67.134 and 46.227.67.135.

my additional configration: (/etc/openvpn/server.conf)

status openvpn.log > status /dev/null

log /dev/null

I have the dedicated IP address. I was connected smoothly until a week ago, but it is not connected at the moment. I use Aruba Cloud.

Ports I tried: UDP 1194, UDP 53, UDP 80, UDP 443, TCP 443, UDP 9500.

But none of them were connected.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I'm using this script: https://github.com/Angristan/OpenVPN-install

I'm waiting for your help.

Comments

• Sometimes I experience that my OpenVPN servers stop responding if I have not used them for some time. A reboot of the server fix the issues. It happens with several of my small, cheap, most 129MB servers.
    Never looked at any log files and/or tried to find out why. Maybe it's the same issue you have? Have you tried to reboot your server?

• @myhken said:
    Sometimes I experience that my OpenVPN servers stop responding if I have not used them for some time. A reboot of the server fix the issues. It happens with several of my small, cheap, most 129MB servers.
    Never looked at any log files and/or tried to find out why. Maybe it's the same issue you have? Have you tried to reboot your server?

I restarted it many times but it did not happen.

• @hanidoya said:

@myhken said:
    Sometimes I experience that my OpenVPN servers stop responding if I have not used them for some time. A reboot of the server fix the issues. It happens with several of my small, cheap, most 129MB servers.

You should provide the OpenVPN log files. (Both client and server)

• @Falco33 said:

@hanidoya said:

@myhken said:

I can reconnect now. (with UDP port 443) I want to disable logging on OpenVPN. Because after a while log files take up a lot of space. How do I disable logging?

• @hanidoya said:

@Falco33 said:

@hanidoya said:

@myhken said:

I can reconnect now. (with UDP port 443) I want to disable logging on OpenVPN. Because after a while log files take up a lot of space. How do I disable logging?

If you want to disable it on your server, write it to /dev/null. For your client, try putting "verb 0" in your config file, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to disable logging on your client.