Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quadhost NAT VPS Changing Apache Port
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Quadhost NAT VPS Changing Apache Port

crestcrest Member

Question is how to change the apache port to custom port instead of using default port 80. I have change the apache ports.conf to listen 8080. Any idea how to configure the reverse proxy part so I can access to my domain.com? I have no problem with port 80, everything can be accessed.

Comments

• I don't think they do a reverse proxy. Try using your IPv6 address with Cloudflare.

• @rocket said:
    I don't think they do a reverse proxy. Try using your IPv6 address with Cloudflare.

Sry, kind of new to these stuff. Currently, Im using Cloudflare to solve the ipv6 problem, port 80 should be ok, im able to run and access through my domain.com but when I try change the apache port to 8080, it cannot be accessed on my domain.com

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

What error do you get then ?

Thanked by 1crest
  • Cloudflare won't let you use 8080 I think, the NAT VPS won't have that port assigned to it either.

Are you trying to make your website available via IPv4 without Cloudflare? I don't fully understand what you're trying to do sorry.

• @Clouvider said:
    What error do you get then ?

A cloudflare page that showing web page is down.
    When I change back the apache port to 80, the page is working

@rocket said:
    Cloudflare won't let you use 8080 I think, the NAT VPS won't have that port assigned to it either.

Are you trying to make your website available via IPv4 without Cloudflare? I don't fully understand what you're trying to do sorry.

Im trying to make a website with apache (custom port instead of 80). If it is normal ipv4 vps, I should be able to access through http://ip-address:(custom port) right. If it is NAT vps, how im going access?

• @crest said:
    Question is how to change the apache port to custom port instead of using default port 80. I have change the apache ports.conf to listen 8080. Any idea how to configure the reverse proxy part so I can access to my domain.com? I have no problem with port 80, everything can be accessed.

You should leave apache at port 80 and in cloudflare put your ipv6 address.

Thanked by 1crest
  • @JarylW said:

@crest said:

That means I'm not able to use other port like (8080 or any other port) and let cloudflare to solve it.

• @crest said:

@JarylW said:

@crest said:

That means I'm not able to use other port like (8080 or any other port) and let cloudflare to solve it.

You won't be able to use port 8080 because you have a NAT VPS, you have to use the IPv4 ports assigned to you or use IPv6 with Cloudflare on port 80.

Thanked by 2simonindia crest
  • @rocket said:

@crest said:

@JarylW said:

@crest said:

You won't be able to use port 8080 because you have a NAT VPS, you have to use the IPv4 ports assigned to you or use IPv6 with Cloudflare on port 80.

Got it...Thx so much