Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any email provider suggestion?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any email provider suggestion?

Hello,

I'm looking for a provider for small company emails. I would require an old and stable providers. 100G space, unlimited accounts. I would also like a easy to use control panel and webmail interface (Sogo preferred).

I would require a dedicated IPv4 if possible (Could pay separately). buget $20/m, is that possible?

Email will be used in business proposal and not spam, less than 500 mails an hour in the working time.

Comments

• @mailcheap might be able to do something.

https://www.mailcheap.co/email.html

Thanked by 2mailcheap HungryVM
  • PepeSilviaPepeSilvia Member
    edited January 2017
  • @Greyhound I can strongly recommend @jarland's company, MXRoute. They've been fantastic.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @user123 said:
    @Greyhound I can strongly recommend @jarland's company, MXRoute. They've been fantastic.

Does MXRoute provide dedicated IPv4 and Sogo? I know they're using cPanel and that's fine for me.

• @Greyhound As far as I know, they don't provide a dedicated IPv4 by default, but I would defer those questions to @jarland. I'm just a happy end-user who has had a few plans with them for the past few years.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • Greyhound said: will be used in business proposal and not spam, less than 500 mails an hour

What's the difference between business proposal and spam? They do register beforehand? (genuine question)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@datanoise said:

Greyhound said: will be used in business proposal and not spam, less than 500 mails an hour

What's the difference between business proposal and spam? They do register beforehand? (genuine question)

Following the requirements of a marketing email, it could technically be unsolicited but that classes as junk not SPAM.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited January 2017

pbgben said: it could technically be unsolicited

Thanks. I think I read from @Jarland that mxroute was OK with mass mail as long as it had been signed up for & was including an unsubscribe link. Not sure though, let's wait for him to pass by :)

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited January 2017

@Greyhound said:

@user123 said:
    @Greyhound I can strongly recommend @jarland's company, MXRoute. They've been fantastic.

Does MXRoute provide dedicated IPv4 and Sogo? I know they're using cPanel and that's fine for me.

All emails are sent via MailChannels, which is far superior than a single dedicated IPv4. Basically MC will rotate the IP if the email fails to send, and repeat until the message goes through.

As for SOGo (based on iredmail pro), it's not available yet, but it's currently in the works.

• @TheOnlyDK said:

@Greyhound said:

@user123 said:

All emails are sent via MailChannels, which is far superior than a single dedicated IPv4. Basically MC will rotate the IP if the email fails to send, and repeat until the message goes through.

As for SOGo (based on iredmail pro), it's not available yet, but it's currently in the works.

Sounds interesting. By the way, do you know how to backup the whole MXRoute account to another 3rd party server? Is that any possible?

• @Greyhound said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Greyhound said:

@user123 said:

Sounds interesting. By the way, do you know how to backup the whole MXRoute account to another 3rd party server? Is that any possible?

What do you mean by "whole MXRoute account"? All the emails? Or including the settings? cPanel has a backup feature that you can use, or SFTP can be an option if you are only looking for the mail.

• Yandex Mail and Mail.Ru for business, unlimited users and storage.

• TheOnlyDK said: or SFTP can be an option if you are only looking for the mail.

You don't have to use an imap client?

• WSSWSS Member

Why is everyone so sketched with running their own MTA?

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Mailcheap provides affordable Enterprise email plans. Basic 100G: 100 GB storage [10 domains, unlimited users] for $9.99/mo.

The Starter plan (private server w/ dedicated IP, full access and 250 GB storage, no sending limits, etc.) is also within your budget at $19.95/mo.

Comes with Webmail, Calendar (CalDAV), Contacts (CardDAV) and ActiveSync support based on SOGo as standard.

Please see product page, features and infrastructure for more information.

Best Regards,

Pavin.

• n1kkon1kko Member
    edited January 2017

mxroute.com is superb.

edited January 2017

WSS said: Why is everyone so sketched with running their own MTA?

That could work out pretty well for @Greyhound's requirements.

@Greyhound you can check out https://mailcow.email - find a VPS provider that fits your requirement (should be easy and way lower your budget), setup, enjoy. IPv4 is dedicated, no problem and you can backup and change host as you wish.

@Francisco's buyshared could be an option too, their 125GB packages end up @ $7.00 / month.

In both cases you'd want to check with the provider if they allow spamming bulk unsolicited business proposal beforehand.

• @jenkki said:
    Yandex Mail and Mail.Ru for business, unlimited users and storage.

Any downsides? I wonder why it's not more popular.

• Yura said: Any downsides? I wonder why it's not more popular.

Why? They stable and useful. They just not advertised very well outside Russia

• @jenkki said:

Yura said: Any downsides? I wonder why it's not more popular.

Why? They stable and useful. They just not advertised very well outside Russia

I don't know "why?", that's why I'm asking lol. I find their cloud services are very nice, better than OneDrive and box.net for example. Metrica is good too, on par with GA. Now wondering if paying for enterprise email or GAPPS is a waste of money if Yandex and Mail.ru do a great job there.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

Yura said: Yura

Why not, join and try out. They have nice android apps.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • YuraYura Member
    edited January 2017

@jenkki, there is no free service. I want to know what is the underlying price and gotchas. Google provides free personal email because they sell out your soul to ads. But their enterprise mail is rather expensive. How Y and mail.ru afford that? Are they ban happy, impose weird limits or just feel like turning into charity? Do they upsell at least? That's what I want to know and simply signing up won't answer that.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

Yura said: How Y and mail.ru afford that?

Yandex and Mail largest internet portals in Russia, similar with Google and Yahoo for example They just do lot of income on advertising.

Thanked by 1Yura
    edited January 2017

@Yura they probably have a way to make cash with your personal information or they just do that to advertise their brands globally. Maybe they just wanna get (more|your) data into Holly Russia.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • datanoise said: Maybe they just wanna get (more|your) data into Holly Russia.

They just do advertising, and trying to provide the best alternatives.

• WSS said: Why is everyone so sketched with running their own MTA?

Because you have to manage it. A lot of times it's just more cost efficient to outsource that and pay the $$$ for someone else to do it.

• B-b-but managing it is the fun part! :D

@jiggawattz said:

WSS said: Why is everyone so sketched with running their own MTA?

Because you have to manage it. A lot of times it's just more cost efficient to outsource that and pay the $$$ for someone else to do it.

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited January 2017

@willie said:

TheOnlyDK said: or SFTP can be an option if you are only looking for the mail.

You don't have to use an imap client?

CPanel stores all mail data in the home directory, so it's possible to use SFTP and grab the data that way, but that's dovecot files and might not be useful if you want to restore it to non-dovecot compatible hosts (Gmail, Outlook. Com, etc.)

Imapsync is also an option for migrating emails between servers.

• k0nsl said: B-b-but managing it is the fun part! :D

Yeah but time is money. And currently, in this Golden Age of I.T. services, there is more money than time. . .

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2017

@WSS said:
    Why is everyone so sketched with running their own MTA?

Quite frankly, most people don't wake up in the morning and say to themselves "I would like to take on the part time job of being a mail server admin." It's easy to run your own, and highly recommended for anyone who enjoys being a hobbyist and doesn't have a lot of needs in terms of deliverability.

Deliverability is the key though. You will find someone who doesn't like your VPS provider's IP space. They likely won't talk to you about it or delist you from their internal lists. Microsoft, Verizon, and surely soon yahoo thanks to the acquisition, are some of the worst offenders.

So it comes down to this: if you have a lot of recipients on varying services, especially using their residential ISP's email service, would you rather spend hours dealing with it or just pay someone? If you'd rather deal with it that's great, but as someone who has faced this trouble I can't blame someone for not wanting that job. They likely are far more interested in doing whatever it is that is giving them the reason to send these emails.

Email just isn't what it used to be, and it's not going back anytime soon. I fancy myself an expert at building and maintaining IP reputation, I gave up on Microsoft and Verizon blocking multiple /27s and absolutely refusing to change their stance. Moving IP space seemed to be effective in only shifting who blocked the emails. Ideally you'd need different IP space for different recipient ends (not always able to separate by recipient domain, you'd have to use MX due to custom domains), or just blind luck (to which, congrats).

There's a reason people pay big money to get their email from A to B. If it were consistently just as easy as "run this auto install script" everyone would do it.

Thanked by 1WSS