Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Large Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Large Server

I'm looking for a large server, paid via BTC, ideally yearly.

Location: any, prefer closer to Canada but open to all offers

Ram: 4 GB+

HDD: 100 GB +

Bandwidth: 2 TB +

IPv4: 1

IPv6: nice but not required

Budget: $250/yr via BTC

Comments

• is it strictly BTC?

• What are you looking to run on the server?

• WSSWSS Member

Does this work for ya?

• @rivermigue said:
    is it strictly BTC?

Yes

• @Ympker said:
    What are you looking to run on the server?

Mainly just devs and test stuff, basic storage

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • WSSWSS Member

@davidgestiondbi can take care of ya

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

You know our sales email if you want to discuss!

Regards, David

• Dedi or KVM ?

• @Junkless said:
    Dedi or KVM ?

Either

• I could offer you in london the following, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HDD, 2TB Bandwidth, 1xipv4 + 1x ipv6 and if needed i can give you a /122 for free.

i can do that for $230 BTC/year let me know if your interested as it would be a custom order

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@piohost said:
    I could offer you in london the following, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HDD, 2TB Bandwidth, 1xipv4 + 1x ipv6 and if needed i can give you a /122 for free.

i can do that for $230 BTC/year let me know if your interested as it would be a custom order

London is a bit away from Canada you know.... And since Virgin peering with EAST Canada (Bell+Videotron) is crap, it's usually cause issue...

Thanked by 1GCat
  • TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

If there's any interest in OpenVZ, our 6GB RAM, 200GB HDD, 2TB Bandwidth offer in Chicago is still available for $5/m or $55/year. Bitcoin accepted.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/101517/happy-new-year-6gb-ram-200gb-openvz-chicago-5-m

• @davidgestiondbi said:

@piohost said:
    I could offer you in london the following, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HDD, 2TB Bandwidth, 1xipv4 + 1x ipv6 and if needed i can give you a /122 for free.

London is a bit away from Canada you know.... And since Virgin peering with EAST Canada (Bell+Videotron) is crap, it's usually cause issue...

Holy shit, you haven't realized how bad it is until you've lived with Bell. Vidéotron --> Bell is fine, but the other way.... well, yeah.

Thanked by 2GCat gestiondbi
  • @davidgestiondbi said:

@piohost said:

OP mentioned open to offers, so I offered him :) I agree London is a bit far away but we do have a good link to Canada no as good as the server being in Canada obviously.

And you mention Virgin? please explain what you mean

• I might look at @Francisco slices, if he has any Slice 4096 in stock?

Thanked by 2Junkless Francisco
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@GCat said:
    I might look at @Francisco slices, if he has any Slice 4096 in stock?

Check in a day or two, we should have some free up then :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Francisco said:

@GCat said:

Francisco

Send me a ping when you get some free?

Thanked by 1Francisco

@GCat said:

In the meantime, take a look to our "slices" in Montreal... https://clients.gestiondbi.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=242

;)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@GCat said:

@Francisco said:

@GCat said:

Francisco

Send me a ping when you get some free?

Will do sir :)

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member

Dammit, I'm hungry.

• @davidgestiondbi said:

@GCat said:

In the meantime, take a look to our "slices" in Montreal... https://clients.gestiondbi.com/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=242

;)

Damnit, all the cool kids doing slices.

And I'm here, still waiting for non-lasvegas buyvm slices...

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@dedicados said:
    check also this "slices",

Too much grease ;)

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2017

@piohost said:

Providers like you make me sick. Allocate at least a /64 for a dedicated server/VPS.

(I thought /112 IPv6 allocations were bad, but man was I wrong)

• FlamesRunner said: Allocate at least a /64 for a dedicated server/VPS.

Why does anyone care about that? I've never felt a use for gazillions of addresses.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2017

@willie

Personal opinion, really; some asshole thought it was a fantastic idea to get the /64 I was in (I was given a /112 from the /64) blacklisted and blocked. Conveniently, since most services such as gmail block entire /64s, it was impossible to send notification emails to my users and hence had to use Mailgun.

• hzrhzr Member

willie said: Why does anyone care about that? I've never felt a use for gazillions of addresses.

The standard is that a v6 /64 is more or less a /32 in IPv4 terms, IRC, email servers, websites generally almost always apply bans by the 64.

• hzr said: The standard is that a v6 /64 is more or less a /32 in IPv4 terms, IRC, email servers, websites generally almost always apply bans by the 64.

True. It makes me wonder why they did those messy 128 bit addresses in v6 though, instead of having 64 bit addresses and treating them like v4. They could have even made it an extension of the v4 space and we'd have had a lot less transition pain.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

willie said: True. It makes me wonder why they did those messy 128 bit addresses in v6 though, instead of having 64 bit addresses and treating them like v4. They could have even made it an extension of the v4 space and we'd have had a lot less transition pain.

That's in case you have 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 devices at home.

Thanked by 1WSS