Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSBit Free VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSBit Free VPS

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

It's been a while since we last re-stocked our free VPS.

This is not due to a shortage of hardware or bandwidth, but IP addresses. We have previously been giving 1IPv4 address per VM, and this has been the single biggest limiting factor for us in terms of offering more.

Anyone interested in NAT'ed IPv4? If yes, we could significantly increase our supply of free VPS, though I realize there would be significantly reduced demand. With that being said, we were never short on demand for our free VPS with nodes filling up within hours of each re-stock.

Opinions?

Comments

• What's the catch?

• @varunchopra said:
    What's the catch?

You have to be active every month to claim that free carrotcoin thingy

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

varunchopra said: What's the catch?

There is no catch... It's a marketing gimmick to generate traffic.

teamacc said: You have to be active every month to claim that free carrotcoin thingy

That's not exactly a catch. You would need to do that with any paid service.

The idea behind using the CarrotPay WebCoin is to make sure people are really using the service. If they fail to claim the FREE coin, and pay the invoice with that coin, then we consider the VPS inactive and we can automatically shut down the service.

Unlike most free hosting services, we don't end up with mostly inactive user base. All our free users are active, which I think is a good thing as we can free up resources to others who might actually want/need it.

Any way.. back to the main query.

Anyone looking for FREE NAT'ed VPS in Europe?

Xen/KVM Based Virtualization
    512MB RAM
    10GB HDD

Many OS available (tested with CentOS, Debian and Ubuntu)
    Console Access

Not some silly OpenVZ container.

• there is many would be interested

I have one with dedicated ipv4 and pretty solid until this time except some random reboot cause high cpu load from node as the staff said from ticket ( and looks like stable for a week without reboot for now )

@add_it,

You're on the node that keep crashing and rebooting and you need to login to power up your VM?

• Can you explain about the coin thing?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

He just did above!

Thanked by 1netomx

@varunchopra said:
    Can you explain about the coin thing?

http://vpsbit.com/free-vps.php

You can read this page. No stock now, but it will be the same process if we restock with NAT VPS.

• the config is quite good.

• I had one but it was somehow showing deactivated and I couldn't activate it again for some reason...

• Seems great. I'd sign up for this.

• Just try it

• @randvegeta said:
    @add_it,

You're on the node that keep crashing and rebooting and you need to login to power up your VM?

yes

i must boot it manually to turn it on

But it is already a week without getting any down yet

• yes please

• No, thank you!

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited January 2017

Available Operating Systems
    CentOS 5, 6 and 7
    Debian 6 and 7
    Ubuntu 12 and 14
    Windows Server 2012 R2
    FreeBSD 8, 9 and 10
    OpenSuse 12 and 13
    Scientific Linux 6

Let's do it!

• Seems great :) I'll try.

• I'll try it for sure. Any custom os for kvm available?

• I had one of those free VPS with a dedicated IPv4 before, was working great for a test VM and didn't notice much downtime... until I forgot to renew... RIP

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

I'd do one, but there are none.

• Why not just add some stock, see how people react?

Thanked by 1cochon
  • Sure I'll take a free nat

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

I'm sorry but the bullsh*t level of Carrotpay is too much for me to deal with. I'd rather just pay for a vps the regular way. I remember on black friday, one of the regular hosts gave away some NAT vps but had to stop because of the amount of fake addresses and other scams that came in with the orders. Maybe you have some way of addressing that but it still leaves the Carrot issue.

@InceptionHosting has some low priced KVM NAT though not quite free. Plus there's the usual lowendspirit and comparable OpenVZ containers. I have enough of them to satisfy my desire for cheap VPS's.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @teamacc said:
    Why not just add some stock, see how people react?

Indeed, +1, this seems to be the easiest way to answer the question. Would certainly have taken one of these to try some remote monitoring on, had I not just taken out one of the 12€ deals with @nik.

• cochon said: one of the 12€ deals with @nik.

No idea what that deal was... I'm sure it was great but if all you wanted was a minimal monitoring platform, I'd expect that the ridiculously cheap OpenVZ LES's would have been fine for that.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

cochon said: one of the 12€ deals with @nik.

No idea what that deal was... I'm sure it was great but if all you wanted was a minimal monitoring platform, I'd expect that the ridiculously cheap OpenVZ LES's would have been fine for that.

It's a pretty damn nice IPv4 KVM with an admin interface that isn't complete shit.. and it's still available at Nodion.

Thanked by 1willie
  • WSS said: It's a pretty damn nice IPv4 KVM with an admin interface that isn't complete shit.. and it's still available at Nodion.

Oh yes, I remember Nodion's offer and being tempted. I just didn't remember Nik's name in connection with it. Cool! I'm sure you'll find more uses for it than just monitoring.

• I would like to try one. NAT works for me.

• I believe offering small NAT VPS is a clever idea from business point of view. Being low RAM, lower speed and NATed it's not too attractive for real hosting but still a strong incentive to upgrade and naturally continue with you for people who like your services.
    People can keep it for learning, development and testing then add to a paid one for production.

As the exhaustion of IPv4 deepens I think we'll see more and more NAT servers offerings.

• They're great for testing some script. Solid service, though sometimes will be short downtime.