Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[C++] Can't compile libmtp
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[C++] Can't compile libmtp

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hi, can you help me? I cannot make this link work:

Reading specs from /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/specs
COLLECT_GCC=arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc.bin
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi
Configured with: /home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/build_dir/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/gcc-5.3.0/configure --with-bugurl=https://dev.openwrt.org/ --with-pkgversion='OpenWrt GCC 5.3.0 50078' --prefix=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi --with-gnu-ld --enable-target-optspace --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-multilib --disable-nls --without-isl --without-cloog --with-host-libstdcxx=-lstdc++ --with-gmp=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/host --with-mpfr=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/host --with-mpc=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/host --disable-decimal-float --with-diagnostics-color=auto-if-env --disable-libssp --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-arch=armv6 --with-float=hard --with-headers=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/include --disable-libsanitizer --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared --enable-threads --with-slibdir=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/lib --enable-lto --with-libelf=/home/buildbot/slave/brcm2708/build/staging_dir/host
Thread model: posix
gcc version 5.3.0 (OpenWrt GCC 5.3.0 50078)
COMPILER_PATH=/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/:/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../libexec/gcc/:/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/bin/
LIBRARY_PATH=/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/:/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/:/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib/
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-g' '-O2' '-Wall' '-Wmissing-prototypes' '-o' '.libs/mtp-connect' '-v' '-march=armv6' '-mfloat-abi=hard' '-mtls-dialect=gnu'
 /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/collect2 -plugin /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/liblto_plugin.so -plugin-opt=/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../libexec/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/lto-wrapper -plugin-opt=-fresolution=/tmp/ccyN92RZ.res -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc_s -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lc -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc_s --eh-frame-hdr -dynamic-linker /lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 -X -m armelf_linux_eabi -o .libs/mtp-connect /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib/crt1.o /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib/crti.o /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/crtbegin.o -L /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi//usr/lib -rpath-link /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi//usr/lib -L/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0 -L/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc -L/home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib connect.o delfile.o getfile.o newfolder.o sendfile.o sendtr.o pathutils.o util.o ../src/.libs/libmtp.so -lusb-1.0 -lssp_nonshared -lgcc_s -lc -lgcc_s /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/crtend.o /home/netomx/rpi0/OpenWrt-Toolchain-brcm2708-bcm2708_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi.Linux-x86_64/toolchain-arm_arm1176jzf-s+vfp_gcc-5.3.0_musl-1.1.16_eabi/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/5.3.0/../../../../arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi/lib/crtn.o
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_release_interface'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device_descriptor'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_control_transfer'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_claim_interface'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_close'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device_address'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_kernel_driver_active'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_set_debug'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_detach_kernel_driver'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_config_descriptor'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_free_device_list'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_reset_device'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device_list'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_set_interface_alt_setting'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_free_config_descriptor'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_clear_halt'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_bulk_transfer'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_string_descriptor_ascii'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_init'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_bus_number'
../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_open'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• You need to link in libusb. Do ldd ../src/.libs/libmtp.so to figure out where it is (-lusb-1.0 may need an additional path with -L).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rincewind said:
    You need to link in libusb. Do ldd ../src/.libs/libmtp.so to figure out where it is (-lusb-1.0 may need an additional path with -L).

netomx@debian:~/rpi0/libmtp-1.1.4/examples$ file ../src/.libs/libmtp.so
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: symbolic link to libmtp.so.9.0.4

netomx@debian:~/rpi0/libmtp-1.1.4/examples$ file ../src/.libs/libmtp.so.9.0.4
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so.9.0.4: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

netomx@debian:~/rpi0/libmtp-1.1.4/examples$ ldd ../src/.libs/libmtp.so.9.0.4
            not a dynamic executable

If I use the cross-compile "readelf"

http://pastebin.com/i2v5Rmt8

• The hint wasn't bad per se but it couldn't work as libsmtp wasn't properly built in the first place due to libusb missing.

Try a simple find /usr/lib -name 'libusb*' and append (with -L) the path where it's found and -lusb (or -lusb-1 or what ever it's called in your distro) and then the build should work.

• WSSWSS Member

Being that this is cross-compiled, I doubt that all of the prerequisites are actually being met. Make sure your build configuration is actually good for your OWRT destination..

• netomx said: If I use the cross-compile "readelf"

The readelf output shows the link to libusb-1 so the file should be around somewhere in your build. Search in ../src/.libs/ or find /home/netomx/rpi0/ -name 'libusb-1.0.so'.

edited January 2017

@rincewind said:

netomx said: If I use the cross-compile "readelf"

The readelf output shows the link to libusb-1 so the file should be around somewhere in your build. Search in ../src/.libs/ or find /home/netomx/rpi0/ -name 'libusb-1.0.so'.

I place it on the same dir as the compilation. It should work, isn't it?

EDIT: copied to ../src/.libs and nope, not working :(

• netomx said: I place it on the same dir as the compilation. It should work, isn't it?

Add -L ../src/.libs to your compiler flags, just before -lusb-1.0. Placing in the same directory as compilation does not make a difference - you need to explicitly add it to library search path.

@rincewind said:

netomx said: I place it on the same dir as the compilation. It should work, isn't it?

Add -L ../src/.libs to your compiler flags, just before -lusb-1.0. Placing in the same directory as compilation does not make a difference - you need to explicitly add it to library search path.

Already tried it:

netomx@debian:~/rpi0/libmtp-1.1.4/examples$ arm-openwrt-linux-muslgnueabi-gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -o .libs/mtp-connect connect.o delfile.o getfile.o newfolder.o sendfile.o sendtr.o pathutils.o util.o  ../src/.libs/libmtp.so -L../src/.libs -lusb-1.0
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_release_interface'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device_descriptor'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_control_transfer'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_claim_interface'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_close'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device_address'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_kernel_driver_active'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_set_debug'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_detach_kernel_driver'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_config_descriptor'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_free_device_list'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_reset_device'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device_list'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_set_interface_alt_setting'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_device'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_free_config_descriptor'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_clear_halt'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_bulk_transfer'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_string_descriptor_ascii'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_init'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_get_bus_number'
    ../src/.libs/libmtp.so: undefined reference to `libusb_open'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

• It expects a libusb-1.0.so in ../src/.libs. Are you sure that is the filename, and not libusb.so?

Maybe it is picking up a wrong file from somewhere else, possibly your LIBRARY_PATH has a corrupted libusb.

You could do an 'strace' on the gcc, log to a file, and scan it for libusb - but that is overkill.

• apt-get install libusb-dev ?

@rincewind said:
    It expects a libusb-1.0.so in ../src/.libs. Are you sure that is the filename, and not libusb.so?

Maybe it is picking up a wrong file from somewhere else, possibly your LIBRARY_PATH has a corrupted libusb.

You could do an 'strace' on the gcc, log to a file, and scan it for libusb - but that is overkill.

LOL, let me tell you what it WAS:

I was using the wrong libusb lib :$

Compile Openwrt, got the libusb from there, and compiled :)

@willie said:
    apt-get install libusb-dev ?

OpenWRT, dude.

• netomx said: LOL, let me tell you what it WAS:

Lol. BTW, OpenWRT has opkg install ...

@rincewind said:

netomx said: LOL, let me tell you what it WAS:

Lol. BTW, OpenWRT has opkg install ...

That comment was for willie, right?

• netomx said: That comment

My bad. Didn't realize how limited the OpenWrt repos were. I've only used OpenWare on an old NSLU2 where the repos were far more comprehensive.