Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostChecker.NET - Free Host Status Check, Ping, Trace Route, DNS Lookup & Whois Check!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostChecker.NET - Free Host Status Check, Ping, Trace Route, DNS Lookup & Whois Check!

DotALDotAL Member
edited May 2013 in General

Hello Guys :).

So i was working this last days with host checker, a script i created several months ago, and i have rewritten everything, since i want to start my own website with it :).

www.Hostchecker.NET provides Website Status Check, Ping, Traceroute, Whois, DNS lookup :) in a clean and neat interface.

In the upcoming days/weeks i will bring some other features, such as subscribe (to see if the host is down/up) etc.

Any suggestion are appreciated :)

Let me know what you think.

Link: http://www.hostchecker.net/

Comments

• emilvemilv Member
    edited May 2013

Looks very nice. Do you plan to release the script? Maybe add IPv6 support. :)

• DotALDotAL Member

@emilv said: Looks very nice. Do you plan to release the script?

Maybe a minified version :) not sure what i will do at the moment.

• ATHKATHK Member

Looks good, needs a bit more tweaking on mobile devices.

• DotALDotAL Member

@ATHK said: Looks good, needs a bit more tweaking on mobile devices.

Working on that :) ;)

• SyedSyed Member
    edited May 2013

Should maybe make the pages that take a while to load use AJAX, for a more seamless experience. That being said, looks great. Did you do the theme yourself? It's gorgeous.

• Nice set of tools. Maybe add an SSL certificate check.

• DotALDotAL Member

@Syed said: Should maybe make the pages that take a while to load use AJAX, for a more seamless experience. That being said, looks great. Did you do the theme yourself? It's gorgeous.

I will work on that too :).

@NodePing said: Nice set of tools. Maybe add an SSL certificate check.

I will see if i can implement this :)

• ChanChan Member

Really nice webpage design!

• DotALDotAL Member

Thanks

• neqsteneqste Member

nice service, but for feature i recommend to make more locations to check latency.
    Example: just-ping.com

• @DotAL said: @NodePing said: Nice set of tools. Maybe add an SSL certificate check.

I will see if i can implement this :)

http://www.digicert.com/help/

and also, all the traceroutes i have done, end with

20 * * *
    21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 * * *
    26 * * *
    27 * * *
    28 * * *
    29 * * *
    30 * * *

• GaNiGaNi Member

damn that layout ;) Would be cool if the output alignment was not in center and little more distinguished.

• tommytommy Member

the mobile layout broken :(

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

Perhaps make an API? That would be useful for some hosts, and you could make a buck or two from it.

• excellent layout ,

congrats on the site

just a suggestion : the term "check host" seems confusing , I though it would tell which host ( like whoishostingthis ) , instead gave whether the site is online, just my thought , your / and others votes to decide :)

• DotALDotAL Member

@dedicados said: http://www.digicert.com/help/

and also, all the traceroutes i have done, end with

20 * * *

21 * * *
    22 * * *
    23 * * *
    24 * * *
    25 * * *
    26 * * *
    27 * * *
    28 * * *
    29 * * *
    30 * * *

The *** means that it eaither hit a firewall, or it cant pass the routers :)

• DotALDotAL Member

@GaNi said: damn that layout ;) Would be cool if the output alignment was not in center and little more distinguished.

Done :)

@tommy said: the mobile layout broken :(

working on fixing it :)

@mnpeep said: Perhaps make an API? That would be useful for some hosts, and you could make a buck or two from it.

Yes that would be good, but first i would have to gather datas from multiple locations :)

@srikanth131 said: excellent layout ,

congrats on the site

just a suggestion : the term "check host" seems confusing , I though it would tell which host ( like whoishostingthis ) , instead gave whether the site is online, just my thought , your / and others votes to decide :)

Thank you...

Hmm i will see what i can do about that :). Thanks for the suggestion.

• DotALDotAL Member

@tommy said: the mobile layout broken :(

Mobile Layout is fixed :) let me know if there is anything else broken :)

• Bookmarked.

Very nice layout. A lot of these sites are either full of ad's or just annoying to use.

• DotALDotAL Member

Now i have implemented the multi-location, where i can actually add servers, parse information from different servers and output them :).

• DotALDotAL Member

Anyone who has a VPS to spare or a VPS company who would like to provide a small VPS for ping/tracert/dns/check, let me know.

Its just a simple file which requires exec enabled :).

Let me know.

• @DotAL I like the website and I am more then willing to send you details to a VPS you can use. Please check your PM.