Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why is digitalocean's referral award so hard to earn?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

why is digitalocean's referral award so hard to earn?

I have pending referral for years. During the same days, I got 100 usd from vultr. Wow.

Comments

• I have over $2000 in pending referrals at DO, but if no one of the accounts use money, you do not get anything. Still I have got over $770 out of DO the last years.
    At VULTR I have got $900 paid out, but also there really many of the referrals have not used real money on their accounts. Thats life.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Send Poptarts, Red Bull & Everclear to @jarland. Speeds things up in general.

• feelapifeelapi Member
    edited January 2017

@myhken said:
    I have over $2000 in pending referrals at DO, but if no one of the accounts use money, you do not get anything. Still I have got over $770 out of DO the last years.
    At VULTR I have got $900 paid out, but also there really many of the referrals have not used real money on their accounts. Thats life.

Thanks for sharing. Now I know what happened.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If you want some insight into your referrals I'm always happy to help. I can't tell you anything about who they are, but I can tell you things like "You have 5 referrals here that I can guarantee will never pay us $25" or "You have 3 referrals who are spending with us regularly and will likely hit $25 soon."

Thanked by 1GCat
  • @Amitz said:
    Send Poptarts, Red Bull & Everclear to @jarland. Speeds things up in general.

Everclear? I don't think that we'll be seeing @jarland tomorrow

@doghouch said:

@Amitz said:

I ain't drunk you the drunk one. You can't just decide that I'm drunk. That decision is mine and God's. We didn't make that decision. That was not a decision that was made.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @jarland said:

@doghouch said:

@Amitz said:

I ain't drunk you the drunk one. You can't just decide that I'm drunk. That decision is mine and God's. We didn't make that decision. That was not a decision that was made.

Wow. You've touched my heart

• Prost!

• @Amitz said:
    Prost!

Good luck. Enjoy the uber bitter concoction that is Everclear

• That Prost was directed in @jarland's direction. I stopped drinking some months ago.

• Vultr seems to have a special right now if anyone cares:

https://my.vultr.com/affiliate/special/

" Every user referred with this link will get $20 to use the Vultr platform and you will receive $30! Referred users must be active for 30+ days and use at least $10 in payments to be counted as verified sales."

They seem to have taken off the $30 in black friday credits from 2015...

• @jarland said:
    If you want some insight into your referrals I'm always happy to help. I can't tell you anything about who they are, but I can tell you things like "You have 5 referrals here that I can guarantee will never pay us $25" or "You have 3 referrals who are spending with us regularly and will likely hit $25 soon."

Do referrals get fullfilled when a user adds $25 to his wallet, or when he uses $25 in server costs? Or when he uses $25 of his own money (non-promotional) in server credit?

• @teamacc when he uses $25 of his own money.

• @myhken said:
    @teamacc when he uses $25 of his own money.

I think vultr credits referrals when they add $x to their wallet. No need to actually use it.

• I have a vultr account with no linked CC. Should I abandon it and sign up again with someone's referral code?

• Is that the "special" link that adds $20 credit?

https://my.vultr.com/affiliate/special/

• Yep @willie

Thanked by 1willie
  • Used your referral, thanks :-)

Thanked by 1myhken

teamacc said: Do referrals get fullfilled when a user adds $25 to his wallet, or when he uses $25 in server costs? Or when he uses $25 of his own money (non-promotional) in server credit?

As long as their total amount spent with us hits $25, so they could immediately deposit $25 and you'd get $25 credit on the next run through the system.

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Topic drift: are there any good coupons these days?

Edit: I mean DO or Vultr coupons, or similar like Atlantic or MNX I guess. Not Harbor Fright batteries :).

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    Topic drift: are there any good coupons these days?

Harbor Freight has a free pack of AA/AAAs without purchase..

Thanked by 1willie