Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

alphavps - the truth + dedi review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

alphavps - the truth + dedi review

bsdguybsdguy Member
edited January 2017 in Reviews

As there was someone here recently smearing alphavps, and as I'm a customer of theirs, too, I want to set the record straight and tell you about my own experience.

I bought the dual Xeon 56 something (2.1 GHz) dedi from alphavps that was on offer here at LET some days ago. Here is what I've experienced:

The alphavps people seemed a little stressed by what seemed to be too many orders coming in quickly but they were at all times very polite, professional and friendly. Even more importantly they were honest.

Frankly, it wasn't perfectly smooth sailing. They had to tell me that I had to wait some days due to too much workload. But at least they openly said it and didn't bullshit me. I valued that. Then there was extremely bad weather that seems to have hampered their technician(s) and/or deliveries of material. But again they by themselves contacted me right away and told me about the delay.

Finally, when my server was ready they contacted me and also gave me right away the login data for the remote management they had prepared (ilo). There was once a hiccup in that tool that threw me offline for maybe some minutes but otherwise everything went smoothly.

Without any complaint or demand from my side, they had apologized for the delay and had offered me some compensation free upgrade and a generous one.

One thing I particularly liked was that they stuck to their promise (in the offer) to upgrade RAM to a rather insane amount (for a cheap dedi, anyway).

I haven't done much tests yet but the machine is really fast and the network is also very OK.

I have worked (in my job) with quite expensive servers (300$ and more/month) and I feel that alphavps offered and exceptional deal and delivered as promised. Moreover they played none of the usual tricks like e.g. using cheap RAM (my server has ECC RAM as it should be) or shitty disks or the like.

All in all a very positive experience so far. In particular I found none of the allegation recently made true. Those people were always professional and friendly and usually quite quick. I have no reservations whatsoever to recommend alphavps (as a company. I can't talk about their VPSs as I have none of those).

Note: I have no connection to alphavps other than what I told you here (I'm a rather new customer). In fact, I didn't even know them before their new year offer. Also note that I never play recommendation games; I only talk about providers I personally have experience with and I always say things like I experience them.

I just felt pissed by the recent smearing by someone completely new here and probably here anyway just to smear alphavps. So I felt that some correction was necessary.

Thanked by 2ucxo sin

Comments

• Report to the mods for verification. Oh wait this is not WHT... yeh ok

• WSSWSS Member

I want a cheap machine that this PHP hating BSD bastard is happy with. I'll like it, too.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @Hxxx said:
    Report to the mods for verification. Oh wait this is not WHT... yeh ok

I'm not at wht. And I've written quite negative reviews, too. Verification? Hey, enough providers here having my real data. And honest ones not some fake shit.

• @WSS

YOU CALL ME A "BSD BASTARD"??!!

Well, thank you. You made me flushing red and a bit proud with your compliments.

Thanked by 2WSS ucxo
  • WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    @WSS

YOU CALL ME A "BSD BASTARD"??!!

Well, thank you. You made me flushing red and a bit proud with your compliments.

Well gawrsh. We can touch /etc/pf.conf and giggle like schoolgirls if ya wanna. My softupdates are UFS, how about you?

• WSSWSS Member

Touch my /proc/kcore, Theo. DO IT. DO IT!

• sinsin Member

Thanks for your review! I do love when a provider is just straight up honest when it comes to any issues instead of being vague or telling bullshit.

• What truth what proof.

Wat?