Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for an impossible VPS EU 1gbps Unmereted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for an impossible VPS EU 1gbps Unmereted

NeoPhyTeNeoPhyTe Member
edited January 2017 in Requests

Maybe i'm looking for an unicorn, but I'm going to try:

I'm looking an vps with this specs:

-Location: Don't matter the location, it can be EU (preferred), USA, HK, RO, etc (don't matter if it has good peering to europe)

-CPU: From 1vcore (better if 2 or more (not atom), and better if dedicated cpu)

-BW: From 800mbps (better if 1gbps or 2 or more). Network will be fair usage almost all the time (maybe some day/m a bit high usage to move between personal cloud storages)- If you could offer me a 200-300mbps very cheap with a bit more cpu tell me too)

-Unmetered bandwidth

-RAM: 1gb ram

-HDD: 100GB or maybe a bit less of storage

-Other: FUSE enabled

Max budget 6$/month (sorry I can afford more)
Thanks to all

Comments

• How much bandwidth do you use realistically? Unmetered at that sort of price, especially in the EU, is unlikely to happen...

• NeoPhyTeNeoPhyTe Member
    edited January 2017

@WSCallum said:
    How much bandwidth do you use realistically? Unmetered at that sort of price, especially in the EU, is unlikely to happen...

If don't have to move anything, maybe some TB. If some cloud goes deleted, corrupted or new cloud added, maybe 20-30TB (and it maybe occurs 1 time a year)

• RO is in the EU

• @quick said:
    RO is in the EU

Yeah, I now, but some people consider RO not "EU" servers

• Have money for the bike, dreaming about Porsche :P

Thanked by 2netomx deadbeef
  • @jenkki said:
    Have money for the bike, dreaming about Porsche :P

XDDD

• unmetered 1gbps and almost dedicated is unrealistick for your budget.

• scaleway.com Lowest package, 2x.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2017

Get a Scaleway C1 instance in Paris.

4 ARM cores, 2GB ram, 200Mbps unmetered network, 100GB storage = 4.5eur month.

PS: It's not a VPS, it's an actual device.
    OS - Debian.

If you insist on VPS order VCS1 instead of C1.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2017

This is the most outrageous request ive seen here so far. Anyone willing to provide this for that price is simply an idiot.

1vCore/1GB RAM/100GB HDD for 6 USD is not impossible. You might even find one with shared 1Gbps port. The fact youre asking unmetered bandwidth at that port speed makes this impossible for anyone provide. At most you'll get 1-3 TB/month.

Besides, how are you gonna spend 30 TB on a 100 GB VPS? (Unless you run a seedbox)

If you find such a deal, count me in too. I'll buy bunch and sell them to my friends for 5x the price xD

• Janevski said: Get a Scaleway

Several folks reported about move out from Scaleway because they become slow (Not tried for myself)

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2017

@jenkki Mine seem to work okay.

I haven't purposely measured recently, but they fulfill their job.

Scaleway fixed the slowness problem long time ago.

• Janevski said: Janevski

Can you provide a speed test? Even simple on speedtest.com

• @stefeman said:
    This is the most outrageous request ive seen here so far. Anyone willing to provide this for that price is simply an idiot.

1vCore/1GB RAM/100GB HDD for 6 USD is not impossible. You might even find one with shared 1Gbps port. The fact youre asking unmetered bandwidth at that port speed makes this impossible for anyone provide. At most you'll get 1-3 TB/month.

Besides, how are you gonna spend 30 TB on a 100 GB VPS? (Unless you run a seedbox)

If you find such a deal, count me in too. I'll buy bunch and sell them to my friends for 5x the price xD

i think you don't have friends.

Thanked by 2NeoPhyTe stefeman
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jenkki said:

Janevski said: Janevski

Can you provide a speed test? Even simple on speedtest.com

I don't think it matters. No one will subsidise his business. If he starts using 800 Mbps for considerable amount of time this will be picked up and handled swiftly.

• Clouvider said: Clouvider

Sounds like its impossible because we unable to do that under our local restrictions. Need some research