Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Alternative for Adsense?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Alternative for Adsense?

unknownbulletunknownbullet Member
edited January 2017 in Help

Hello all,

Just wondering if i could gain some of your knowledge on the best advertisement / adsense style solution for my website / gaming community. At the moment when a player join our servers they are greeted with a simple MOTD page.

This page is currently getting anywhere from 2000 - 4000 unique visitors per day, and averaging around 13000 page views per day.

Now we have tried AdSense which do not like gaming communities sadly, that was going great until they disabled our account due to invalid account activity, which with 13000 page views a day with only 1-2 clicks a day i'm not really sure what that is all about and why we were disabled.

We have also tried AlterVista but the returns are no where near the amount we were getting with Adsense. From there i then applied for Media.net the Bing / Yahoo new platform but was soon rejected due to not meeting the requirements.

We have also used the likes of pinion and VPP and MOTGD but would like to keep as much as possible in house if at all possible, I like a lot more being in control of the content on our page.

Now the gaming community i have has had over 520,000 players to date, so by all means not small so i am trying to work out the best solution to my problem. I have looked at possibly offering adverts on the MOTD page for a fixed price per month which has gone down well with a few but not taken by anyone as of yet.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Adcash used to be really good back in the days. Maybe worth checking out.

• RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

If I may ask(non-related to the question), what kind of gaming community and would you sell an ad for a browser based game ?

• simple MOTD in modal box or full page? Google might consider this as "exit page" or such, and 13k PV with 1 - 2 clicks Google will mark it as invalid activity for sure. you cant expect good conversions (PV vs. clicks) if you put your ads unit as pop up, modal box, or put it inside game patcher.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Wicked said:
    Adcash used to be really good back in the days. Maybe worth checking out.

Thanks i'll take a look at adcash :)

@RapidDedi said:
    If I may ask(non-related to the question), what kind of gaming community and would you sell an ad for a browser based game ?

My gaming community is Counter Strike: Global Offensive based, i am open to ideas as to if anyone would like an advert on the page that is for sure. As per adsense policy i still only put 3 adverts on the page at any one time.

@fazar said:
    simple MOTD in modal box or full page? Google might consider this as "exit page" or such, and 13k PV with 1 - 2 clicks Google will mark it as invalid activity for sure. you cant expect good conversions (PV vs. clicks) if you put your ads unit as pop up, modal box, or put it inside game patcher.

To be honest i am completely fine with just the page views, the clicks were a bonus of course but that comes naturally. The CTR was something minuscule which shocked me when it got disabled, i'm talking overall like 0.01 ctr.

All i am after is the best solution to at least bring in a bit of revenue, I think if i went back to just advertising the website on the page i am missing quite a big trick that costs next to nothing to do.

@unknownbullet said:

@Wicked said:

Thanks i'll take a look at adcash :)

@RapidDedi said:

My gaming community is Counter Strike: Global Offensive based, i am open to ideas as to if anyone would like an advert on the page that is for sure. As per adsense policy i still only put 3 adverts on the page at any one time.

@fazar said:
    simple MOTD in modal box or full page? Google might consider this as "exit page" or such, and 13k PV with 1 - 2 clicks Google will mark it as invalid activity for sure. you cant expect good conversions (PV vs. clicks) if you put your ads unit as pop up, modal box, or put it inside game patcher.

To be honest i am completely fine with just the page views, the clicks were a bonus of course but that comes naturally. The CTR was something minuscule which shocked me when it got disabled, i'm talking overall like 0.01 ctr.

All i am after is the best solution to at least bring in a bit of revenue, I think if i went back to just advertising the website on the page i am missing quite a big trick that costs next to nothing to do.

Great!, Check your inbox please

• @RapidDedi said:

Can you pass on the info to me as well. Have a gaming/hardware review website with decent traffic (1-1.5k visits per day) and trying to find something better than adsense.

@Junkless said:

@RapidDedi said:

Can you pass on the info to me as well. Have a gaming/hardware review website with decent traffic (1-1.5k visits per day) and trying to find something better than adsense.

Sure, check your inbox.

• @RapidDedi said:

@Junkless said:

@RapidDedi said:

Sure, check your inbox.

What is the big secret?

• @IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@RapidDedi said:

@Junkless said:

@RapidDedi said:

Sure, check your inbox.

What is the big secret?

There is no secret, RapidDedi was just enquiring about advert space.

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@RapidDedi said:

@Junkless said:

@RapidDedi said:

Sure, check your inbox.

What is the big secret?

Can't tell, if you find out you might become the world's richest person.

• @RapidDedi said:

@RapidDedi said:

@Junkless said:

@RapidDedi said:

Sure, check your inbox.

What is the big secret?

Can't tell, if you find out you might become the world's richest person.

Damn!

I would strangle you, but I can't reach you from down here in poverty.

Thanked by 1kaflo
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I have an ad platform, its a bid based system but its not effected by the adBlocker plugins. You just need to place some code on your site and set a price on our marketplace.

• @pbgben said:
    I have an ad platform, its a bid based system but its not effected by the adBlocker plugins. You just need to place some code on your site and set a price on our marketplace.

Link?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@pbgben said:

Link?

Its closed beta atm. I can PM you some info.

Simple demo of page with only the code pasted.
    http://www.lowendtaik.com/adexample.php

• @phpsunchat can make you some serious cash instead of adsense

Thanked by 2Junkless PepeSilvia
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

LOWNDTAIK HAHAHAHA

Thanked by 2pbgben Dormeo
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

I used to run Tribal Fusion on a site in 2008 and got great results with them. They did have minimum requirements and was hard to get accepted.

• @pbgben said:

I'd be interested to take a look at that and talk figures if possible!

@vfuse said:
    I used to run Tribal Fusion on a site in 2008 and got great results with them. They did have minimum requirements and was hard to get accepted.

Is this Tribal Fusion still running now?

• @unknownbullet from a quick google search it will take you to https://www.tribalfusion.com/TribalFusion/ and helpful hint you may want to go to exponential (its parent company). Google is cool.

• WSSWSS Member

I almost suggested AdBrite, but been gone for a few years now..

• @Wicked said:

Used them about a year ago really low CPM, can't be compared to Google AdSense.

• Try media.net if you live in USA or Canada

• Hybrid said: Try media.net if you live in USA or Canada

media.net eCPM is similar to adsense?

• @Vita said:

@Wicked said:

Used them about a year ago really low CPM, can't be compared to Google AdSense.

I used them back in 2012 and made around 1k EUR but it really started to go downhill and their ads was malicious. Seems like they've gotten more serious over the years.

• @Hybrid said:
    Try media.net if you live in USA or Canada

As per OP I've already applied for media.net and refused due to the tight restrictions. Sadly all they gone on is the website so how they know how many views we get is a mystery.

• unknownbulletunknownbullet Member
    edited January 2017

@OhMyMy said:
    @unknownbullet from a quick google search it will take you to https://www.tribalfusion.com/TribalFusion/ and helpful hint you may want to go to exponential (its parent company). Google is cool.

Just looked and the requirements for exponential require 500,000 unique visitors, something we are far off.

I'm guessing my next best option really is to look at just selling advert space on the page. If anyone is keen please let me know via pm with a figure a month to match.

• Has anyone any further comments regarding the best solution to monetize my website?

Ideally i need something, no matter the value, to be able to offer my player a stable platform. We have already written off adsense as they have done the classic disable of account due to "invalid clicks" as they do with gaming communities.

Tribalfusion requirements are too high for us sadly.

Any further ideas and help would be greatly appreciated, like i said i think letting 15,000+ page views a day go and not using it in someway would be a shame.