Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Help] Need 2 Month experience letter from Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Help] Need 2 Month experience letter from Australia

gtraxgtrax Member

Hey mates,

Need a 2 month contractor/vendor or consultant experience letter from someone in Australia. I can share my resume which has my experience till November 2016 so need experience for December 2016 and January 2017.

A simple work like setting up or configuring servers/devices or consultation related to Helpdesk or tech support experience will suffice.

You can definitely check my resume to give a relate-able experience. It would be a great help.

Many Thanks

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

gtrax said: I can share my resume which has my experience till November 2016 so need experience for December 2016 and January 2017.

...how exactly do you back-date experience...?

If you're saying you're looking for contract work in Australia, fine...but you say you need a "letter" and it needs to cover December 2016, so...how exactly would that work?

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited January 2017

So, you want someone to lie for you - is this for a visa? government services? employment? Or were you supposed to be working for some reason but weren't and now you need to rectify it? In all cases the person lying takes a severe risk and its highly unethical to backdate. Perhaps you wrote your request wrong? Or are you trying to be employed by staffing agency and they are giving you crap for a "hole in the resume"? Seems you had similar needs in Sept 2016 from another thread.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @raindog I do not want a back dated letter. The letter can be dated in the coming dates e.g End of January 2017 and just need to include the month of December 2016. So no back dates required here.
    I was working remotely from Australia with my US employer which I left in November 2016. So just need to cover the gap of two months. It can be covered by any means but I just want to add a contractor or a consultant type job for short time.

@OhMyMy Yes it will be a lie of some sort, but I am not asking for a whole year or something. I am not even asking to give me the same Career level experience which I already have. It is just to cover two months which I want to do so (it is just sometime I feel comfortable with). I am not going to use it for Visa, not even for government service. And I am not asking for backdate, it can be dated with coming dates and if anyone wants to check my resume it would be shared. I am not trying for employment right now but I will be trying soon; I just want to have an Australian label on my resume (if someone requires me to prove my skill level and experience for two month of letter I am happy to do so). I am a permanent resident of Australia. And about the severe risk, I am not asking for job experience; To lower the risk I am asking for contractor/vendor or consultant experience which comes with very low liability in most cases.

I hope that clarifies any ambiguity and doubt.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Soo shady, your English os not the best either.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@gtrax said:
    @raindog I do not want a back dated letter. The letter can be dated in the coming dates e.g End of January 2017 and just need to include the month of December 2016. So no back dates required here.
    I was working remotely from Australia with my US employer which I left in November 2016. So just need to cover the gap of two months. It can be covered by any means but I just want to add a contractor or a consultant type job for short time.

@OhMyMy Yes it will be a lie of some sort, but I am not asking for a whole year or something. I am not even asking to give me the same Career level experience which I already have. It is just to cover two months which I want to do so (it is just sometime I feel comfortable with). I am not going to use it for Visa, not even for government service. And I am not asking for backdate, it can be dated with coming dates and if anyone wants to check my resume it would be shared. I am not trying for employment right now but I will be trying soon; I just want to have an Australian label on my resume (if someone requires me to prove my skill level and experience for two month of letter I am happy to do so). I am a permanent resident of Australia. And about the severe risk, I am not asking for job experience; To lower the risk I am asking for contractor/vendor or consultant experience which comes with very low liability in most cases.

I hope that clarifies any ambiguity and doubt.

Why don't you try being honest? 2 Months shouldn't be a big deal.

• Are you an Australian citizen or from the US working in Australia? I saw "US Employer" so I'm confused about that

• @pbgben said:

Ironic ;)

@ATHK said:

@pbgben said:

Ironic ;)

Quiet, mortal. XD

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • So, all we would have is your word that you already worked in the same field for a bit, providing no proof whatsoever (except your resume, which is worth jack shit given that you're willing to fake job experience now).

The person giving you said letter will either need to get paid (which probably makes it a crime of some sort) or does it for free (why would anyone do this for free)

I'd say check hackforums and try to not break the law on THIS forum if you please.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Just fill it in and say i was on vacaction to cover the gap. Or say you are a CIA spy and were on a mission.

• I honestly think there is more to the story that isn't being stated and no person with any reputation would write a blind letter of reference lying about employment dates. If OP was smart he would volunteer at non profit or put up a consulting website or something that shows he is doing computing work and he wouldnt need to try to be a lying fool

Hello,

Yesss, ms gtrax is a good worker, never missed a shift while working on the corner of hunts point. Judging by the nice things they were constantly talking about I can only assume they were scoring the highend clientel that freqent our area.

I understand that ms gtrax has decided to move onto a lesser paying job path so that they can become a respectable member of the society and begin growing their skills in the areas of bullshittery (IT Support) and will no doubt look to become a Jedi Master of search foo.

I recommend you seriously consider them for any role you have available, they will do pretty much anything to move up the ranks and may be able to teach you a thing or two, the ping-pong ball trick is most interesting.

Regards
    Peter Inteross MP

• nik said: Why don't you try being honest? 2 Months shouldn't be a big deal.

I have a year hole and nobody even questions that, in IT you can pretty much just state you made a bunch of money and did nothing... for 2 months living off savings or end of year party is absolutely realistic especially younger.

So i concur, something additionally weird here outside of the absolutely strange request...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Next request to come on LET : Adoption request.

• @deank said:
    Next request to come on LET : Adoption request.

Children would probably fall outside the 7/month price bracket. If you could sell a child as a dedicated server, maybe.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited January 2017

@pbgben said:
    Hello,

freqent our area.

Ironic ;)

[EDIT] OK I'll stop now

Thanked by 2bugrakoc GamerTech24
  • from @gtrax other thread - maybe @athk can help him out again per:

<

p>ATHK Member
    September 2016 edited September 2016 FlagThanks

If you PM me with your full name and what you do or have done over the past few years I can do a personal reference for you.

Or I could just pretend to be X and company Y.. done that before.

• @OhMyMy said:
    from @gtrax other thread - maybe @athk can help him out again per:

<

p>ATHK Member

September 2016 edited September 2016 FlagThanks

If you PM me with your full name and what you do or have done over the past few years I can do a personal reference for you.

Or I could just pretend to be X and company Y.. done that before.

Not shame, it's no different than doing it for a friend, which believe it or not... happens a lot.

If it helps get an honest hard working person a job in this tough environment I do think really care if it's immoral or not.

Times are tough man there's a lot of competition and 80% of them probably have fake references too.

• Just to add onto this, I never ended up helping OP nothing really came of it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@gtrax said:
    Yes it will be a lie of some sort

/thread.

• @Clouvider said:

@gtrax said:
    Yes it will be a lie of some sort

/thread.

You guys are acting like this doesn't happen in the real world.. Sure it's a bit different here as he's asking complete strangers on a public forum... But it still happens regardless...

• People get trashed on here for using a fake name and address and vpn when signing up for services, yet people who write bullshit on resumes should get a pass? Many companies if they find out you bullshitted on an application you are out, finished, gone. People can't have it both ways- must be an angel for a $7 vps purchased from spam central vps supply co, but hey lying to get a job is cool. Thats a load of shit and you know it.

• OhMyMy said: eople get trashed on here for using a fake name and address and vpn when signing up for services,

I usually just use a PO Box as my address which is legal in the US, my real name and a prepaid phone number and my alt email address if I am signing up for a provider that seems like they may have a DB leak sometime or another but that is, thankfully pretty rare, I can trust the majority of places based on their reviews, their owners, etc.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@ohmymy Get off the high horse. You making it seem like you never done something stupid in your life. This is one of those moments the op asked someone to provide something stupid. Really 2 months is not a big gap on resume and most employers will over look it.

• teamacc said: If you could sell a child as a dedicated server, maybe.

"dedicated server"... outside of the IT context this would work in some countries still...

Thanked by 1Bochi
  • You know when I first read this I thought it meant "please hire me in AU for 2 months so I can complete a minimum whatever on my CV and get whatever", which sounded fairly legit. Now I can't tell what is being asked and don't think I want to know.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited January 2017

Thanks for the comments everyone @OhMyMy, @pbgben, @ethancedrik, @teamacc, @Clouvider, @PieNotEvenEaten, @William, @willie, @raindog308, @ATHK

Well i hope english grammarians and vocabularists will check this comment of mine so writing with my eyes open, staring at the screen.

What can I say about this! All of you just ignored the point where I mentioned that I will share my resume and also take a skill test if anyone requires.

As @ATHK said that people do it in the real world but I came on this forum just to seek a favour which isn't quite big 'magnitude-wise'; but i do accept that it isn't something white. I asked on this forum as members here are from different regions and most of them a friendly in nature.

I am a bit amazed with the response on this post as quite a few summer providers/hosts come, they rip off people; a number of them get banned, some of them go away, some of them change their identity, some of them lay low and rise up again after sometime. Now that's some grey/black and shady stuff but that does not matter to most members here because it stays in the cyber world (add conjecture here).

But anyway it was just a tiny ask from my side. I think I have offended a few people here which was not my intent. Let's draw a finish line here and forget that I asked.

• I would add here that I did not get any favour from either @ATHK or anyone mentioned on the other thread.

Also shady guys do not come to forums like these and request openly like this, that's for sure.

I see around six 'one to two' month old members commenting about white/grey/black stuff and also pointing fingers here .... ironic !

• @gtrax why is it ironic that I have only been a member for 6 weeks and decided to point out very clearly that you are requesting people lie for you? Just because others lie, doesnt make it right. Just because others come here to steal money doesnt make your act of intellectual workplace deception ethical, moral, or right. Basically you are asking someone to use their good name to make up a lie for you, so you can get a job. It's obvious that you left your former employer and its becoming more obvious a reference from them is not forthcoming. it is further becoming more obvious that you dont have enough guts to tell a young recruiter that people take time off from work, especially during holidays, and that a gap free resume is a recruiters myth, especially in IT based contract work. In general just because its a 2 month lie at a level not of your former work - DOESNT MAKE IT LESS SCUMMY, regardless of the length of the time of someone on a public forum pointing out its a SCUMMY LIE and SHAMEFUL

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited January 2017

@OhMyMy well looks like you have not lied in your life. And I mentioned in my post that it's just what I would like to do, who says I cannot justify a gap in my resume. You do not know me and I do not know you. You were the first who started questioning the ethics, not me.
    Grow up mate and first look at your own ethical position before you question others. No one is an angel here and I have every right to ask anything I want because "IT IS A PUBLIC FORUM".

I won't waste anymore time with you.

This discussion has been closed.