Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got banned on LowEndSpirit Forum again!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I got banned on LowEndSpirit Forum again!

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited May 2013 in General

Yesterday I posted an introduction thread and got banned seconds after. Today I posted and after 2 seconds, I am banned again. What's going on with that forum?

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member

Auto-Protection against drunk posting?
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/10200/donations-thread

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Strange, i did find that your original introduction post was caught in the spam-filter and marked it as not spam.
    Not sure if @AnthonySmith has more to say.

To clarify, send me your username via PM or post it here in public and I'll look into it.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

DJRadi is my user.

edited May 2013

I suspected that you had used that username :)

I will try and explain why you got banned (by accident I must add).

There is a rule that is enforced that a user must post within 24 hours or being banned.
    For some reason both of your posts were marked as spam and when changing them back to a regular post, your post count wasn't updated (still says 0 posts).

I can't remove the ban, we will have to wait for @AnthonySmith to lift it.
    I suggest that once removed, you remove your signature, post at least once without it and lets see if it still gets marked as spam. If it does get marked as spam, we need to find the reason why it is.

My ban was lifted automatically :D.

Duh, removed signature, posted something and got banned again!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Your not banned as far as I can see email me a screenshot pl0x i n b o x @ i n c e p t i o n h o s t i n g . c o m

Oh now you are, unbanned again.

Yep, once I post it says Info, when I refresh "You're banned from this forum."
    Now I refreshed, no longer banned.

• Clear you browser cookies and cache

edited May 2013

Edit: Just tried to post, and same :D.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/309ikgx.png

@ftpit: It's an IP ban too, boss.

Have you used that email address somewhere where akismet could have picked it up?

Oh, and clear your cache and restart your browser :)

I think I know what it is, you are using IPv6 to browse the forum, check it via V4 if you would and see if you have the same issue, I have unbanned you again.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said: you are using IPv6 to browse the forum, check it via V4 if you would

So with a v6-only host, the solution to browse its forum is to disable IPv6? Why not fix your forum instead, or verify that it works properly with IPv6 yourself, not asking visitors to use IPv4.

@rm_ punch yourself in the face, you need to cheer up a bit.

I am simply asking him to give it a try to aid in troubleshooting that is all, clearly it is not a 'solution'

• @rm_ said: So with a v6-only host, the solution to browse its forum is to disable IPv6? Why not fix your forum instead, or verify that it works properly with IPv6 yourself, not asking visitors to use IPv4.

Cheer up!

Its a bank holiday.

:) Also it works fine on ipv6 for me and I see a few others using IPv6 so I wanted to know if it also affected him on IPv4 as the only common ground at this stage is the IP, but obviously it is more fun to take a negative slant on everything and tell someone they are doing things wrong with little consideration for logic and reason.... like what I have just done.

Anyway... its all fun, everyone needs to get punched in the face every now and then to make them feel alive :)

Thanked by 1level6
  • @FtpIt_Radi said: Yep, once I post it says Info, when I refresh "You're banned from this forum."

Kids trying to play forum owner and forum moderator

I tried to post again with my phone, using another ISP, v4-only and again banned!

• FreekFreek Member

@FtpIt_Radi said: What's going on with that forum?

How about mailing Anthony in the first place instead of asking here?

I did mail him, posted thread after second ban.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Maybe your range is blacklisted, or maybe your country is?

Just for forum, I guess. VPS-es are fine.

From the looks of it, reason is that the posts are being marked as spam and then the user is automatically banned for posting spam.

When we can figure out why the posts are being marked as spam, we have solved the problem.

@Jack said: Does it include any external links?

The signature did, but posts got marked as spam even after the signature was removed.
    Post itself might be a little short, still longer then the what the trigger limits are set at.

I think my domain email is blacklisted.

timetakernet.info

The Akismet plugin says it should report back to Akismet when the admin marks the post as not spam. According to Akismet websites, it can take 24 hours before reported items are marked "clear" so I guess we have to wait, unless you change your email address. :)

• LowEndSupportDeskOnThirdPartyForums

LowEndAgree