Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Burst bandwith?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Burst bandwith?

Hello,
i´m interested in the ovh burst bandwith limit, it seems you can burst up to one gigabit and if you´re using more bandwith for half a day your burst is disabled.

anyone knows how long it will stay disabled? (Beginning of a month, 30 days after reaching that limit?)

thanks

Comments

• until the beginning of the new billing cycle.
    If you bought the dedi 12th January, and used it at 20th January. It would reactivate at 12 Feb

Thanked by 1freeneter
  • Thanks very much.
    So if i am exceeding my bandwith limit in the first 2 Days and after that 2 days the burst is deactivited it stays disabled till the next billing cycle even if im using no outgoing bandwith at all after that?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@freeneter said:
    Thanks very much.
    So if i am exceeding my bandwith limit in the first 2 Days and after that 2 days the burst is deactivited it stays disabled till the next billing cycle even if im using no outgoing bandwith at all after that?

Seems only fair since you're not billed for that, no?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

The burst bandwidth is only limited time and not guaranteed. If you do exceed your guaranteed bandwidth for whatever time period it is (12-24 hours or something) then you will not have access to the burst amount until your next billing period. You will still have your guaranteed bandwidth, on most servers it is 500Mbps. So you'll have no lower than 500Mbps (or 250Mbps on game line and some others)