Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hubic upload speed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hubic upload speed

Hi,

Hubic sounds interesting for me, 10TB for $5/mo. But the problem is i cant find noting about the maximum upload speed, no reviews noting. Hubic.com

Are there LET members that use this offer and can tel me how the upload speed is?

Comments

• BochiBochi Member
    edited January 2017

Was a customer of them for a bit over a year - then switched to Amazon.
    Sometimes the upload/download speed was not that great, meaning 40-60Mbit/s, but I never experienced the claimed 10Mbit/s limit.
    However, they stated quite some time ago, that they now implemented and activated the "feature" that limits the speed!
    Guess you should first try with the 1525GB storage for free.

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • freeneterfreeneter Member
    edited January 2017

the up and down speed are limited to 10mbit since a few months now. - http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=17305 so its kind of slow :P

i was using hubic in the past and it was very good (100mbit +) i´ve filled up 3TB of data.. and then they´ve made the service almost unusable because of the 10 mbit limitation

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • Yes it is definitely locked to 10Mbs now, and that is aggregated to your account, if you upload from 2 completely different systems at the same time, each will run at only 5Mbs.

It's still worth considering purely as a cheap mirror archive, or for cold storage, but not if you need quick recovery or want to access any files in real time. Works reliably again for me now, though they had a bad patch Q2/Q3 2016 when they restructured the whole back end.

Thanked by 1ewrek
  • ewrekewrek Member
    edited January 2017

Thx for the reactions. I got a solution, i mailed Amazon about there cloud storage and ask what the limit of unlimited is.

Hello LET member,

This is **** from the Amazon support team,Hope this email finds you well.
    The cloud drive subscription is $59.99 it is a yearly charge you get 100TB of space to upload your pictures, video's and documents.

I don't think that Amazon likes it that i share this information :P

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @ewrek said:
    Thx for the reactions. I got a solution, i mailed Amazon about there cloud storage and ask what the limit of unlimited is.

Hello LET member,

The cloud drive subscription is $59.99 it is a yearly charge you get 100TB of space to upload your pictures, video's and documents.

"limit to unlimited"

Such scam

• @Pandy said:

@ewrek said:

Hello LET member,

"limit to unlimited"

Such scam

Sure, i it very normal to upload 1 exabyte every day to your cloud storage and have some extra snapshots of it.

• @ewrek said:

@Pandy said:

@ewrek said:

Hello LET member,

"limit to unlimited"

Such scam

Sure, i it very normal to upload 1 exabyte every day to your cloud storage and have some extra snapshots of it.

But isnt that what they are advertising, 'unlimited storage' ? ;)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I was able to get about 15Mbps to hubiC in my testing a month ago. I also tested Google Drive and Amazon Drive, both of which were above 20Mbps so now I use both and dropped hubiC. I was still willing to use hubiC even with the slow speeds but their system wouldn't let me pay my invoice so I gave up after a few days of trying to give them my money.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:
    I was able to get about 15Mbps to hubiC in my testing a month ago. I also tested Google Drive and Amazon Drive, both of which were above 20Mbps so now I use both and dropped hubiC. I was still willing to use hubiC even with the slow speeds but their system wouldn't let me pay my invoice so I gave up after a few days of trying to give them my money.

Their invoice system is what drove me away, abruptly. I paid for 10TB yearly and I was an early adopter so when the time came to pay again my account was missing information or something. I gave up as their support awnswer of (create a new account) was a gtfo incentive.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

@pbgben said:

@KuJoe said:

Their invoice system is what drove me away, abruptly. I paid for 10TB yearly and I was an early adopter so when the time came to pay again my account was missing information or something. I gave up as their support awnswer of (create a new account) was a gtfo incentive.

It seems like a side project for them, I went to the forums to see if anybody else was having issues paying invoices and all of the threads in the past 30 days were basically current clients warning people not to use them. Some clients were in the same boat as you and were told to "fix" the issue they had to create a new account and re-upload all of their data again. For me, I use off-site storage to save different versions so I would be pissed if I lost 12 months of different versions of my data and had to start over every 12 months. Some people lost all of their data entirely when support didn't answer their tickets until after the accounts were terminated and the data was wiped. Too risky for me, I'll stick with Google Drive and Amazon Drive for my versioned off-site backups and Kimsufi and Online.net servers for my daily full backups.

I would stop using Google altogether also but Google Photos is leaps and bounds better than Amazon Photos are facial recognition.

• @Hadriel reported on another thread that there were users on Reddit's /r/datahoarder who had 100s of TBs in ACS without problems, he himself moved 100TB there, and got 200mbps downloads to multiple locations. Maybe that didn't last. I think Google Cloud has something similar, dunno its limits.

• HadrielHadriel Member
    edited January 2017

http://imgur.com/a/jP3Z7

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/5hqcob/how_much_data_have_you_backed_up_to_amazon_drive/?st=ixnz5hkk&sh=560b6685

Quote from that thread - You'll be fine. They don't seem to care about how much you upload, only how much bandwidth you download. I have between about 610-615TB uploaded, and no problems at all yet.

Just started a test upload from my Hetzner box and its going well over those speeds now.

2017/01/07 19:31:11
    Transferred: 1000.250 MBytes (8.251 MBytes/s)
    Errors: 0
    Checks: 0
    Transferred: 0
    Elapsed time: 2m1.2s
    Transferring:

10Gb - Copy (2).dat: 28% done. avg: 5891.9, cur: 4702.7 kByte/s. ETA: 3m6s
    10Gb - Copy (3).dat: 21% done. avg: 4388.2, cur: 3315.2 kByte/s. ETA: 4m50s
    10Gb - Copy (4).dat: 17% done. avg: 3621.0, cur: 3212.2 kByte/s. ETA: 5m13s
    10Gb - Copy (5).dat: 17% done. avg: 3567.4, cur: 3257.8 kByte/s. ETA: 5m10s
    http://imgur.com/a/E0jxE

Thanked by 1willie
  • edited January 2017

@Hadriel said:
    http://imgur.com/a/jP3Z7

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/5hqcob/how_much_data_have_you_backed_up_to_amazon_drive/?st=ixnz5hkk&sh=560b6685

Quote from that thread - You'll be fine. They don't seem to care about how much you upload, only how much bandwidth you download. I have between about 610-615TB uploaded, and no problems at all yet.

Screenshot of such usage (>600tb),plz

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2017

Amazon must be so happy to store >half a petabyte for $5/month.

• @rm_ said:
    Amazon must be so happy to store >half a petabyte for $5/month.

Same as usual, I guess: A few guys trying to ruin it for everyone. :P
    Let's see if we will experience the same history again as with Microsoft OneDrive!